Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 21, 2014, 09:04:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $1 million Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile Quotes  (Read 304 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« on: November 03, 2012, 03:58:27 PM »

Steve Asmussen (trainer, Tapizar, 1st) – “The Kelso (finished 6th) was a bad race. We threw it out and he sure performed great today. He acted the day after the Kelso like he hadn’t run. The racetrack and the circumstances leading up to that race were not ideal, but everything went smooth as glass out here. Scott Blasi, my assistant here, did a great job with him. I can’t say enough about what a big win it is for him.”

“His success at Santa Anita (won the San Fernando in 2012 and the Sham in 2011) allowed us to think about this race to begin with, especially off such a bad race in the Kelso. He trained as good as ever out here, looked a picture of health, and ran well today.”

Corey Nakatani (jockey, Tapizar, 1st) – “This never gets old. Winning a race on Breeders’ Cup day is special; it’s special just to get the chance to compete. It’s extremely gratifying. We had a good trip. He got away in good order. Last time (6th in the Kelso), he just didn’t handle the track. I told Steve (Asmussen) to go on to the Breeders’ Cup, and I’m glad he did.”

Ron Ellis (trainer, Rail Trip, 2nd) – “These championship races have a lot of traffic. He was game. He was not where he’s used to running; he was behind horses. I’m very proud of him. He took a lot of dirt. (Jockey) Jose (Valdivia) said he was almost clipping heels a couple of times. He ran a game race.

Jose Valdivia Jr. (jockey, Rail Trip, 2nd) – “Considering the way this track has been playing for speed, I thought he ran a great race. When Shackleford missed the break, I think that changed the whole complexion of the race. When I got through at the head of the stretch, I had a lot of horse, but we were just second best today. It is a credit to Ron Ellis that he gets this horse back after two years and he still has his number.”

Mark Casse (trainer, Delegation, 3rd) – “I thought he ran great. Patrick (Husbands) said he was trying to get out, but he had a good trip.”

Patrick Husbands (jockey, Delegation, 3rd) – “I had so much horse and I was coming on the rail. I was begging for a little break. When I finally got it, it was too late. He showed up like a champion. He ran a big race.”

Alan Garcia (jockey, Emcee, 6th) – “He broke good and I saw that Shackleford stumbled out of the gate, so I said ‘let me take a chance.’ We fell into the lead and he gave me all he could. Just no luck today.”

Dale Romans (trainer, Shackleford, 7th) – “It was the start; that’s it.”

Ramon Dominguez (jockey, Shackleford, 7th) – “He stumbled at the break and that was it. There is no two ways about it, he’s a frontrunner.”

####
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: