Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 26, 2014, 04:09:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $2 million Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic Quotes  (Read 276 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« on: November 02, 2012, 06:30:05 PM »

Bill Mott (trainer, Royal Delta, 1st) – “Spectacular. She broke sharply and was out on the lead and just ran the race that way. She’s a talented mare to be able to run well and win no matter how the race develops. I was a little concerned when they were throwing up those fractions, but she kept going and ran them off their feet.”

Mike Smith (jockey, Royal Delta, 1st) – “I’ve become the all-time winner at Breeders’ Cup (with 16 wins). It’s incredible to be with the riders on this list; truly an honor.  I hope to be around a few more years to add to it.  I really had a lot of confidence in her. She trains the way that she ran. Just amazing.”

Steve Asmussen (trainer, My Miss Aurelia, 2nd) – “I hate that she didn't win, but I just love this filly. She never blinks. I wish she could have won, but it was a beautiful race.”

Corey Nakatani (jockey, My Miss Aurelia, 2nd) – “My filly ran a hell of a race. I wasn’t surprised to see Mike (Smith) on the lead. I was in good position the whole way. She gave me everything, and I thought I had a shot there for a while. Congratulations to Bill Mott; he has a great horse. But I was on a great one, too.”

Ron Ellis (trainer, Include Me Out, 3rd) – “I’m very proud of her. She ran an awesome race. She got beat by an absolutely top-notch filly. I’m very happy.”

Joe Talamo (jockey, Include Me Out, 3rd) – “I had to wait a little bit with her on the turn, but otherwise we had a good trip. When she got out at the five-sixteenths, she showed me a great kick. I’ve got to congratulate her people. She’s some mare.”

Anthony Dutrow (trainer, Grace Hall, 4th) – “I think our filly did what she could do. The race went really well for her and I’m happy we were fourth in such a tough race. We beat four really good fillies.”

Javier Castellano (jockey, Grace Hall, 4th) – “I had a good trip. I saw a lot of speed in the race, and I did something different today. I wanted to take back and make one move. Unfortunately, the speed held today. I’m very happy. She gave a great performance.”

Todd Pletcher (trainer, Love and Pride, 5th) – “She was up close most of the way, but always a little bit wide while the winner saved all the ground. I guess it just wasn’t her day, but you have to give the winner a lot of credit. She’s a very good filly.”

John Velazquez (jockey, Love and Pride, 5th) – “I had a perfect trip, but I had no horse. No excuses.”

Chad Brown (trainer, Awesome Feather, 6th) – “I was never comfortable. In a race like this, a quarter of a mile in, and I’m not comfortable with the way my horse is moving, I’m in trouble.

“Not to make any excuses, she probably didn’t care for the surface today. She’s much better than that. I can see her getting beat; it’s a star-studded field. But she was never really in the race and that’s not like her. She’s been in every race she’s ever been in. She’s been there, somewhere up front. The jockey felt the same way. We’ll have to regroup.”

Jeffrey Sanchez (jockey, Awesome Feather, 6th) – “She was just never comfortable today. At the three-eighths pole I asked her and she didn’t really want to go. She never got into the bit and usually she does.”

Kay Cooper (assistant to trainer Jim Penney, Class Included, 7th) – “We’re a little disappointed. She got into trouble in the first turn. The main thing is she came back well.” 

Russell Baze (jockey, Class Included, 7th) – “We had a pretty good trip. She had a little trouble in the first turn, but after that we were all clear. We just didn’t get the result we wanted.”

Kiaran McLaughlin (trainer, Questing, DNF) – “She’s fine. She never was traveling well. She was never in the bridle, so Irad (Ortiz) just pulled her up. She got on the van sound, got off the van sound; she just didn’t feel like running today. We’ll have her scoped to make sure everything else I OK. We’re disappointed, but we had a great year with her.”

Irad Ortiz Jr. (jockey, Questing, DNF) – “She didn’t even want to run today. She never tried. I think she’ll be OK, she just didn’t try.”

Additional quote from the Grey Goose Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies

Bob Baffert (trainer, Executiveprivilege, 2nd) - “She had to wait a little bit and then when she got out, she started to drift out. I don’t know why she does that, she did that too at Del Mar. I just don’t know why.”

####
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: