Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 06:24:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $2 million Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf Quotes  (Read 187 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« on: November 02, 2012, 06:42:58 PM »

Chad Brown (trainer, Zagora, 1st) – “She had everything go her way today. She got the turf she likes, she got a great trip, and she’s been training great. I’ve never seen her look better health wise. Everything came together for her today and it couldn’t happen to a horse that deserved it more.”

“I’m so pleased, especially for the Schwartzs for being terrific supporters. They gave me a great horse to train. She’s been a model of consistency since she came into my barn. She’s a very reliable horse in the mornings and afternoons, and she gave me my first grade I win last year (in the Diana). She’s a special horse to me.”

Javier Castellano (jockey, Zagora, 1st) – “I had a beautiful trip. I was just where I wanted to be behind the speed. Turning for home, I went to the outside and she gave me a good kick. It’s a pleasure to a part of this. Chad (Brown) gave me a great opportunity to ride her.”

Tom Proctor (trainer, Marketing Mix, 2nd – “The filly that won has been a good filly all year. Take nothing away from her. Our filly ran good; the other filly just ran better. This is an exceptional filly, and we’re proud of her. She will be going to Florida in a day or two to spend some time on the farm and she will be back in training next year.”

Garrett Gomez (jockey, Marketing Mix, 2nd) – “I thought I was in a good spot all the way around. At the three-eighths pole, the tempo quickened, and when Victor (Espinoza on Star Billing) went and I went with him. But then the two (Zagora), she just ran right by us.”

John Gosden (trainer, The Fugue, 3rd) – She was a bit unlucky. She didn’t have any room and William (Buick) was sitting there with nowhere to go. It was until the last sixteenth that she got out, and she finished well. That’s racing.”

William Buick (jockey, The Fugue, 3rd) – “I think she was very unlucky and it just wasn’t her day.”

Mikel Delzangles (trainer, Ridasiyna, 4th) – “She needs pace and there wasn’t any. But she showed a good turn of foot.”

Christophe Lemaire (jockey, Ridasiyna, 4th) – “My filly likes to relax and to come from behind. She made a good attempt, a very good attempt, but unfortunately in front they didn’t give up and they kept going.”

Mike Smith (jockey, Lady of Shamrock, 5th) – “I had a really rough trip; trouble out of the gate and then more trouble at the three-eighths and the quarter-pole. Despite all that, I thought she ran well.”

Ryan Moore (jockey, Up, 7th) – “She didn’t run badly, but we could have done with a bit more pace.”

Roger Varian (trainer, Nahrain, 10th) – “We put on the blinkers and they fired her up. She raced over-keenly and without cover.”

Frankie Dettori (jockey, Nahrain, 10th) – “She was messing about in the paddock and hit the girl that was leading her up in the nose. I think this was one race too many.”

####
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: