Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 21, 2014, 08:28:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quotes for the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf  (Read 132 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« on: November 02, 2012, 04:30:02 PM »

Christophe Lemaire (jockey, Flotilla, 1st) – “For me, it is a big achievement.  The Breeders’ Cup is so very important in the horse racing season.  I’m very glad to win a race like that.  It was something that was missing in my career.  She broke well. I was a bit worried by the pace which was not very swift, but when I asked, she reacted very well and won brilliantly.”

Mikel Delzangles (trainer, Flotilla, 2nd) – “This is great. Absolutely great.  It was a good preliminary for Australia.”

Javier Castellano (jockey, Watsdachanches, 2nd) – “We had a great trip. She ran really hard.  She was tracking behind the leaders, and when I asked her to go, she put in her run.  There are no excuses.  She was second-best today.  Sometimes that’s just the way it is.”

Chad Brown (trainer, Watsdachanches, 2nd) – “I thought she ran great. I thought Javier gave her a good ride and he got the running room he needed turning for home. She was second-best. I was real proud of the way she ran.”

Ramon Dominguez (jockey, Summer of Fun, 3rd) – “I was in behind horses, tracking the favorite (Sky Lantern) and I had to wait.  I think if we had gotten out before the eighth pole, she could have gotten second.  She ran a huge race.”

George Weaver (trainer, Summer of Fun, 3rd) – “I knew she was better than 40-1. She finished third in her last start at Keeneland and we knew we had to step our game up. I wasn’t surprised that she finished third and wouldn’t have been surprised if she won. She will continue to get better.”

William Buick (jockey, The Gold Cheongsam, 5th) – “She ran well from that draw (post 12).  She was a bit flat, but she picked up it and was doing her best at the finish.”

Frankie Dettori (jockey, Waterway Run, 6th) – “She broke well and was in a perfect spot.  There was a gap there but she got squeezed a bit on the turn and it might have cost me third.”

Richard Hughes (jockey, Sky Lantern, 8th) – “I had plenty of horse.  Just nowhere to go. Usually in these kind of races, something will open up, but today there was no hole at all.”

Ryan Moore (jockey, Infanta Branca, 10th) - “The wide draw didn’t help and she needed a little organizing out there, but she’s run well and she‘ll win races.”

#####
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: