Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 24, 2014, 09:13:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $500,000 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint - quotes  (Read 148 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« on: November 02, 2012, 03:04:30 PM »

Rajiv Maragh (jockey, Hightail, 1st) – “I had a great trip, saved ground and just waited behind horses. He showed a lot of courage coming through the narrow opening between the rail and the other horse (Merit Man). I was not worried about the foul claim because the 3 (Merit Man) initiated the contact.”

D. Wayne Lukas (trainer, Hightail, 1st) – “I just thought that we had a great shot. These races are historically very fast up front. We’re a good closer and I thought we had a shot.

“It hasn’t been that long (since my last Breeders’ Cup win – 2005 Juvenile Fillies with Foklore). They don’t come that easy. “

Bob Hess Jr. (trainer, Merit Man, 2nd) – “(Jockey) Patrick (Valenzuela) said he (Hightail) came out and bumped him a couple times. He dropped back a neck or so and came back to be beat a nose. It is what it is.

“This guy needs a target. He had no target. When South Point came out of the race (late scratch at gate), it was almost a negative. He’s a very nice 2-year-old. We’re proud of him.”

Patrick Valenzuela (jockey, Merit Man, 2nd) – “I thought I was on the best horse. He shot out of there and we were there most of the way. The stewards made the decision, but I still thought I was on the best horse.”

Joel Rosario (jockey, Sweet Shirley Mae, 3rd) – “I thought they (Hightail and Merit Man) were going to go the way they did. She ran a good race. They were just a little better. It was a good race for her.”

Edwin Maldonado (jockey, Hazardous, 4th) – “He broke a little sharper than I expected. When we came around the turn, he grabbed the bridle and I thought we were going to get there. He ran a big race.”

Thomas Dascombe (trainer, Ceiling Kitty, 5th) – “There you go.  I was quite encouraged going down the backstretch.  Maybe she didn’t like the dirt and maybe she didn’t stay.”

John Velazquez (jockey, Ceiling Kitty, 5th) – “I think I maybe asked her to do a bit too much early on. She broke well and we were laying second.  She was not getting any dirt in her face at all. When I asked her, she kept the same pace and the others were just faster.”

#####
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: