Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 21, 2014, 09:34:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breeders’ Cup Classic and Ladies’ Classic Post Position Draw Quotes  (Read 166 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« on: October 29, 2012, 07:33:57 PM »

Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott said he was pleased with the post positions drawn by his four horses in the Breeders’ Cup.

Royal Delta, the 9-5 morning line favorite in the Ladies’ Classic drew post 6. In the Classic, Flat Out drew post 2, Ron the Greek, post 10, and To Honour and Serve, post 12.

“Perfect,” Mott said Monday evening as he boarded a flight from Miami to Los Angeles. “They’re good. The post positions are fine.”

Mott said that defending Ladies’ Classic winner Royal Delta suffered a minor cut on a thigh Monday while being loading on a flight from Newburgh, N.Y. to Ontario, Calif. He said it was a small laceration, 3 or 4 inches above her gaskin, which is between the stifle and the hock.

“She scraped herself boarding the plane and (the veterinarian) closed it up with some sutures,” Mott said. “It was a superficial wound.”

Mott said the cut should not jeopardize the 4-year-old filly’s ability to compete Friday.

“From my standpoint and her standpoint, I don’t think it will be an issue,” he said. “It’s no different than a hockey player getting a little cut on his forehead and getting stitched up. They’re athletes.”

Mott’s flight from John F. Kennedy Airport in New York to Los Angeles Monday was one of the thousands canceled because of Hurricane Sandy. He drove from New York to Saratoga Springs Sunday night and trained horses on Saratoga’s Oklahoma track Monday morning. He was able to fly to South Florida and managed to make a connection to California.

Anthony Dutrow (Grace Hall, Ladies’ Classic, post 1) – “She drew the rail, but that post position has been very successful at this racetrack. Whatever scenario Grace Hall is faced with, she is going to come out to Santa Anita and run fantastic.”

Bob Baffert, (Game On Dude, Classic, post 5) – “I like it. I’m good with it. It might have even been one of the posts I’d have picked if I had first choice. He should be fine from there.”

Dennis O'Neill, assistant trainer to Doug O'Neill, (Richard's Kid, Classic, post 9) –“It’s perfect; a great draw. He's drawn outside, so (Garrett Gomez) can do whatever he wants to with him down the stretch the first time and drop in or move up depending how the break shapes up. Hopefully somebody will push Game On Dude out of there in a little speed duel and set it up for us. It's a very strong field, even for a Classic. There are several Grade I winners in there and Game On Dude, who was second last year  is definitely a very good horse and may be a great horse.”

Ian Wilkes, (Fort Larned, Classic, post 4) – “That’s fine. It’s what I’m dealt; it’s what I’ll live with. I would rather have had the six (outside of Game on Dude), but that’s the way it came out. I’ve got a rider (Brian Hernandez, Jr.) I can trust, so we’ll be fine with it.”

Jerry Hollendorfer, (Nonios, Classic, post 8) – “I think that’s a perfect post for me. You can do a lot of good things from there. I don’t know exactly how they load the horses, but I don’t think he’ll be bothered. He’s a good gate horse.”

Kathy Ritvo, (Mucho Macho Man, Classic, post 11) – “I think it’s great. I didn’t want him drawing an inside post. He’s such a big horse. The outside is perfect for him.”

Kay Cooper, assistant to trainer Jim Penney, (Class Included, Ladies’ Classic, post 3) –“We’re very happy with that post. The three is great. We expected that she’d be made the long shot (30-1) and that’s fine, too.”

Kiaran McLaughlin, (Alpha, Classic, post 3; Questing, Ladies’ Classic, post 4) – “It’s (post 3) fine. No problem. There are no real bad post positions going a mile and a quarter. (Questing) will be right in the middle of the field, so that’s a plus, I think.”

Mark Casse, (Pool Play, Classic, post 1) – “It’s so insignificant with him, it doesn’t matter. He trails the field and comes running. That’s his style.”

Ron Ellis, (Include Me Out, Ladies’ Classic, post 7) – “It’s an OK post. It gives us some options. She’s very tactical so she can work for some good position. Naturally, you don’t want to end up too wide, but seven is OK.”

####
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: