Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 20, 2014, 10:07:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thornton Breaks Collarbone at Hawthorne  (Read 1632 times)
Mary Ann

Ignore
« on: October 21, 2012, 08:05:12 PM »

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/73758/thornton-breaks-collarbone-at-hawthorne?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Report to moderator   Logged
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 08:38:30 PM »

Get healthy soon TT...Scary incident today- looked like it could have been much worse.

Imagine what that have looked like with the helmet cam...
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 09:13:10 PM »

Rats rats rats!  I hope he heals fast.  That makes me feel real bad.  He puts his all into his sport.
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 09:33:05 PM »

Rats rats rats!  I hope he heals fast.  That makes me feel real bad.  He puts his all into his sport.
Horrible news. Get Well soon Tim!
These guys put their life on the line every day.
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 05:56:59 PM »

Ouch!  Update from Jim Miller on Twitter 6 hours ago:

Jim Miller‏@HawthorneJim

Update on jockey Tim Thornton: Broken Collarbone, broken rib, fractured cheek bone. He's sore but will recover. He's very tough.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 06:04:51 PM by Mary Ann » Report to moderator   Logged
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 09:08:57 PM »

Prayers going to Tim right now!
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 09:34:17 PM »

wasnt a fan of his till he did the series this summer for arlington, regardless you never like to see anyone get hurt! hope he recovers soon!
Daddys Next

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 09:52:47 PM »

Did Tim Thornton actually ride the winner in the second race at Hawthorne today?  Can he ride with a broken collarbone?
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 10:17:47 PM »

Did Tim Thornton actually ride the winner in the second race at Hawthorne today?  Can he ride with a broken collarbone?
Great question. According to DRF he rode the winner of the 2nd race, if thats accurate Tim Thornton is the toughest man alive or the reports of his injuries were completely inacurate. Either way, I loved his series, like the way he rides, and you cant help but root for him thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
ThePaceMaker

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 12:34:23 AM »

Hate to derail but does anyone know where Tanner Riggs is? (friend of TT, not totally offtopic)
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 07:04:05 PM »

asked about tanner today, couldnt find out nothing. and pay no mind to the charts as theyve been wrong quite a bit lately, earlier this week a horse was claimed out of a race which peter announced and it was not noted in the charts.

saw thorton today on my way out of the track which means hes feeling pretty well considering what happened
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 11:37:17 AM »

Tim makes his return Thursday in race 3. I hope to congratulate him on his return...in the winner's circle  trophy crossedfingers
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 11:45:04 AM »

Hate to derail but does anyone know where Tanner Riggs is? (friend of TT, not totally offtopic)

I think with Tanner its always a question with weight...

Always amazed at Arlington when he walks by me - the guy has got to be 6 feet tall.

Not sure how he ever made weight- should be playing for the Bulls  bull bull

Nice guy though
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 06:34:30 PM »

Tim makes his return Thursday in race 3. I hope to congratulate him on his return...in the winner's circle  trophy crossedfingers

I dont know TT personally...but you can just tell he is a great guy!
Hope he gets back in winners circle real fast trophy trophy trophy trophy horse horse horse horse
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 06:41:23 PM »

I dont know TT personally...but you can just tell he is a great guy!
Hope he gets back in winners circle real fast trophy trophy trophy trophy horse horse horse horse

He is a nice guy, but my reason for wanting him to win that particular race is a bit selfish. He's riding my filly.
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 07:25:15 PM »

He is a nice guy, but my reason for wanting him to win that particular race is a bit selfish. He's riding my filly.
I knew what you meant! laughing guy laughing guy
I believe when your horse won (one of the times) he came to FP to ride her, didnt he?
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 07:49:00 PM »

I knew what you meant! laughing guy laughing guy
I believe when your horse won (one of the times) he came to FP to ride her, didnt he?

She did not win that time. That was the Stakes race and she finished fourth. Hoping for a better fate this time Smiley
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 07:56:54 PM »

She did not win that time. That was the Stakes race and she finished fourth. Hoping for a better fate this time Smiley

All the best to you and your horse, she is a game filly thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 03:07:02 PM »

good to see TT make it back before the end of the meet! i only glanced at the form and have yet to study it but looks like you have a strong chance tomorrow brivolta. im not impressed with what your trainers other horse in the race(who has had a real nice year but is wrongly favored over yours m/l line wise IMO) has done on a fast track which it should be tomorrow, best of luck!!!!!!!!!

brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 03:20:58 PM »

good to see TT make it back before the end of the meet! i only glanced at the form and have yet to study it but looks like you have a strong chance tomorrow brivolta. im not impressed with what your trainers other horse in the race(who has had a real nice year but is wrongly favored over yours m/l line wise IMO) has done on a fast track which it should be tomorrow, best of luck!!!!!!!!!

Funny that you say that because I had this argument with my dad. He doesn't like the 6.5 furlongs and I told him I think the 6.5 hurts Cyberphobe more than it hurts Camagin. Cyberphobe does her best work at 5 or 5.5. I also told him she wins on turf, poly, and wet dirt...and doesn't impress me much on a fast dirt track. Does that mean we will beat her, or win the race? Of course not. But I agree with you that we are in a good spot tomorrow. To me it's the most favorable field we have caught in our four races this meet.
brivolta

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 03:21:38 PM »

All the best to you and your horse, she is a game filly thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Thank you very much! You're right...she gives it all she's got every time.
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 03:42:59 PM »

i dont think the 6 and a half hurts either of of em considering cyberphobe started her turnaround after binking a 1 turn mile at AP this summer. going through the lifetime pp's your filly just missed going 6.5 earlier in her career and the other time she got second she closed from 18 out of it, her running style has obv changed these days. your trainer has done a real nice job turnin both of the filly's mentioned around

Funny that you say that because I had this argument with my dad. He doesn't like the 6.5 furlongs and I told him I think the 6.5 hurts Cyberphobe more than it hurts Camagin. Cyberphobe does her best work at 5 or 5.5. I also told him she wins on turf, poly, and wet dirt...and doesn't impress me much on a fast dirt track. Does that mean we will beat her, or win the race? Of course not. But I agree with you that we are in a good spot tomorrow. To me it's the most favorable field we have caught in our four races this meet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: