Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 25, 2014, 09:15:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody watch Mel Mara  (Read 1388 times)
mitcky

Ignore
« on: October 12, 2012, 07:48:54 PM »

Anybody else watch Mel Mara just get up to beat Michaels Power? MP got a 57 half and Mara got up from the pocket.
Report to moderator   Logged
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 07:57:07 PM »

Anybody else watch Mel Mara just get up to beat Michaels Power? MP got a 57 half and Mara got up from the pocket.

Gas=secret
Beard=Nifty Norman

Mel Mara Wins=TAINTED!!!

Was Tony Alagna in winners circle?
How does Ontario allow this blatant beard?

Nifty Norman=BLEB MAN

ASK BIG NORM FROM TIOGA.
harrylare

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 08:02:43 PM »

Boycotted Tioga all year. Big Norm's the man. trophy Miss talking to him.
mitcky

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 08:03:10 PM »

Gas=secret
Beard=Nifty Norman

Mel Mara Wins=TAINTED!!!

Was Tony Alagna in winners circle?
How does Ontario allow this blatant beard?

Nifty Norman=BLEB MAN

ASK BIG NORM FROM TIOGA.

It wasn't an amazing wake up?Huh censor
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 08:07:38 PM »

No Nifty Norm uses chemicals.
He got caught at Tioga.
And he was caught at Meadows before ramming a tube into a horses stomach in trailer to give drugs.

Don't light match by Nifty Norm, you will blow up.
stone162

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 08:11:11 PM »

Was it a surprising win, yes but not an amazing wake up IMO as Mel Mara paced in 148.4 last week and raced pretty good while Michaels Power had been off for 22 days and might have been a little short.....It surely makes it easier when you can just follow along and use the open stretch to get a win by a nose
mitcky

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 08:50:33 PM »

Was it a surprising win, yes but not an amazing wake up IMO as Mel Mara paced in 148.4 last week and raced pretty good while Michaels Power had been off for 22 days and might have been a little short.....It surely makes it easier when you can just follow along and use the open stretch to get a win by a nose

I understand. I actually meant his recent wake up. The horses tested positive in the summer and now he's good again?
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 09:16:29 PM »

I understand. I actually meant his recent wake up. The horses tested positive in the summer and now he's good again?

Chemical warfare.
Saddam Hussain could have learned from horsemen.
stone162

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 09:26:48 PM »

Chemical warfare.
Saddam Hussain could have learned from horsemen.

I have to agree on this one.....Saddam & Lou Pena could have blown up the world  laughing guy
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 10:34:51 PM »

I have to agree on this one.....Saddam & Lou Pena could have blown up the world  laughing guy

Yes that I agre with and new York has it chance to blow the chit out of every trainer taken an edge! I can't wait!
How about u king?
U know trainers that use an edge ?
How many u think?
I want to see the hole blown in racing so it looks like all these edgers have fallen thru the black hole of the universe!
Well sure will be a bunch what do u think the over under is on it?

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 11:16:36 PM »

I thought Mel Mara was suspended from Oct 8 to Oct 14 due to a positive

ALAGNA,TONY P                     
ORC   - POSITIVE TEST - CLASS V
Commission Rule Number : 9.09(B),26.02.01,26.02.02,26.02.03(C)                                         
Date Issued : 01-OCT-2012
Total Due :   1500.00
Violation Occurred : Race 2 at MOHAWK RACETRACK on 28-JUL-2012 horse MEL MARA
Suspended From 08-OCT-2012 To 14-OCT-2012 (Full Suspension)

How come he is racing dunno
jjk stables

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 04:36:19 AM »

shouldn't you be worried about your own horse? it looks like he'd find a way to get beat in nw5, yet alone the breeders crown. though you seem to be more worried about everyone else's piece but yours, including calling out trainers of other horses you have been racing against? interesting...
mitcky

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2012, 07:03:44 AM »

shouldn't you be worried about your own horse? it looks like he'd find a way to get beat in nw5, yet alone the breeders crown. though you seem to be more worried about everyone else's piece but yours, including calling out trainers of other horses you have been racing against? interesting...

And to think I thought this was a harness racing forum. I didn't join this site to only post about one of the fastest horses ever to step foot on a track.

If you want to know about my horse simply ask. If I can answer I will.

The colt had some time off and if you know anything about racing, you know he raced very well last week. I expect him to be tighter this week and even tighter for the Breeders Crown elims. As these are animals and not machines, we shall see.
fairguy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2012, 07:33:58 AM »

no surprise here at all, as I posted during the week the horse has been sharp, raced 2 very good races @ Lexington, horse had been gased and TT didn't go all the way to Canada for nothing, wonder who the trainer will be listed as next start??
Nothing but the crooks of the sport have their hands on this horse, from the owners to the trainers to the driver....

Fairguy
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012, 08:50:09 AM »

no surprise here at all, as I posted during the week the horse has been sharp, raced 2 very good races @ Lexington, horse had been gased and TT didn't go all the way to Canada for nothing, wonder who the trainer will be listed as next start??
Nothing but the crooks of the sport have their hands on this horse, from the owners to the trainers to the driver....

Fairguy

You are right again.
jjk stables

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2012, 10:39:23 AM »

And to think I thought this was a harness racing forum. I didn't join this site to only post about one of the fastest horses ever to step foot on a track.

If you want to know about my horse simply ask. If I can answer I will.

The colt had some time off and if you know anything about racing, you know he raced very well last week. I expect him to be tighter this week and even tighter for the Breeders Crown elims. As these are animals and not machines, we shall see.

haha, that's hysterical... "fastest horse to ever step foot on a track" is basically a non factor in what should be his biggest and most profitable season he'll experience. i don't need to ask you about your horse, i'll tell you more facts about him then you'll ever know...

he could go down as one of the worse mismanaged horses of all time. from his driver as a two year old (really, its not 1996), to racing on a half at the start of the season (how many top connections take their horse to yonkers right before the na cup and meds pace, especially one such as yours? before you answer, no pete foley and mark mcdonald are not top connections), to merry go round driver changes, multiple entries, etc. the list goes on and on. and to think,, i'm a fan of your horse and i like your trainer and think he does a nice job.

long story short... stop worrying about other peoples horses while taking shots at their colts and trainers like you have over the past week (mel mara, sweet lou and hillbilly, etc.) and focus on why you just finished 3rd to a 40k claimer. you're like 15th on the money list for 3 year old colt pacers and you want to talk shit. i could see if you were one of the top few, but please...you would think someone like you would keep their mouth shut and let their horse do the talking... then again, maybe that's problem.

best of luck the next couple of weeks!
jjk stables

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2012, 10:45:49 AM »

The elims for the Breeders Crown are about 11 days away. Maybe he should have skipped his last race?

maybe you should have talked to their owners and told them...

Hillbilly Hanover is eligible to the Breeders Crown. By the way, why aren't more upset at the way he "woke up" last week??

would you like to expand upon this comment?

i thought you said horses weren't machines???

why??? one  could say mel mara has done more then HKC... certainly made more money
Claiming King

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2012, 03:51:52 PM »

Anyone who remembers Mel Mara's first qualifiers as a two year old isn't surprised by anything he does. He was the kind of horse everyone in racing was talking about. Hell, Gingras skipped a hundred grander with Foiled Again to drive him in his first start. I think the shock is more that it took him this long to put it all together.
fairguy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2012, 01:21:07 PM »

His first few qualifiers IS the reason its took this long for him to bounce back, along with the others getting on the tired side and that shot of Canada Gas did not hurt a thing... no need to do them 25 last quarters with 2 year olds, 6 weeks after he did them he was done for the year....

Fairguy
Claiming King

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2012, 05:34:53 PM »

His first few qualifiers IS the reason its took this long for him to bounce back, along with the others getting on the tired side and that shot of Canada Gas did not hurt a thing... no need to do them 25 last quarters with 2 year olds, 6 weeks after he did them he was done for the year....

Fairguy

I totally disagree with that. He was well in hand and a 25 quarter isn't what it used to be. You have to make speed like that soon enough. I think Tony knows exactly how to make a young horse. And a well-rated qualifying mile with a top horse blowing it home in the last quarter is exactly the way I was taught. I'm guessing a lot of us remember that last Q. Gingras was sitting like a statue.
fairguy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 08:21:14 AM »

And I will totally disargee with you, very few 2 year olds are well in hand going a 25 quarter in June or early July, the horse was the talk of the 2 year olds when he did it and 6-8 weeks later he was done, 5 starts and was not in hand at all his last 2 starts,  Tony may have been the trainer last year but I  think the trainer listed was Erv, but who knows with all the phoney trainer listing we see all the time...
How much did the horse earn for that 25 last quarter in the qualifier?? 27 would have been just as good and maybe just maybe the horse would have lasted more then 5 starts and in bad shape when they quit with him...and maybe the horse world would have been talking about him for the year and not just 6 weeks.. no question he's a nice horse and may be a major player here at the end of the year and into next year.... them 25 quarters on a 2 yr old in 1st qualifier in June or early July are boarderline abuse..

Fairguy
Claiming King

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 11:18:46 AM »

And I will totally disargee with you, very few 2 year olds are well in hand going a 25 quarter in June or early July, the horse was the talk of the 2 year olds when he did it and 6-8 weeks later he was done, 5 starts and was not in hand at all his last 2 starts,  Tony may have been the trainer last year but I  think the trainer listed was Erv, but who knows with all the phoney trainer listing we see all the time...
How much did the horse earn for that 25 last quarter in the qualifier?? 27 would have been just as good and maybe just maybe the horse would have lasted more then 5 starts and in bad shape when they quit with him...and maybe the horse world would have been talking about him for the year and not just 6 weeks.. no question he's a nice horse and may be a major player here at the end of the year and into next year.... them 25 quarters on a 2 yr old in 1st qualifier in June or early July are boarderline abuse..

Fairguy

That just isn't the case, fairguy. I'm assuming you're an old school guy. So am I. But if you're going to have a two-year old ready for the early stakes like the NJ Sires and the Wilson, you're going to have to make that kind of speed pretty quickly. I don't think doing it a week earlier has any effect.

If you want to suggest that a better program is to bring them out later and point for the Metro as their first big race, I'd be more inclined to agree. In the long term it's better not to race a two year old at all. But the nature of the business and the economcis demands it.

I'm pretty sure Tony had Mel Mara from the start as I think Carver pretty much split with Erv prior to that. Regardless, these are guys who have made a lot of colts. Erv was notoriously hard on the babies, but anyone who has watched him knows he's backed off on that in recent years. He's also racing a different kind of horse than the coarse jugheads he started out with years ago.

Bottom line is I don't believe Tony handled Mel Mara any differently than he handled Captain Treacherous. And I don't think that qualifier that looked as easy as could be "corked" the horse. I think he's had some other issues and is only now finally realizing his potential.
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2012, 05:18:42 PM »

he must have had other issues,,,,,,,,cuz he was sore ,,,,,and it showed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: