Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 08:49:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHO WOOD YOU PAY TO SEE DRIVE  (Read 2618 times)
APPRENTICE

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2012, 05:43:45 PM »

PAT CROWE ,,STICKS IN MY MIND ,,,WHY

Huh

HE DROVE AT SPORTSMAN I COULD BEE WRONG

Report to moderator   Logged
APPRENTICE

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2012, 05:45:40 PM »

GOT................. CAM FELLA  AND MR DALRAE  MIXED UP

SORRY I WAS WRONG.....

PAT CROWE ON CAM FELLA
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2012, 05:52:13 PM »

JIM TALLMAN OR BENNY THE WHIP

I remember Benny kicking the crap out of Jim Marohn after the Cane or Messenger when Wildwood Jeb and Marohn caused Webster and Seahawk Hanover to go offstride. That was worth whatever we paid to get in back then.
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2012, 06:42:26 PM »

pius soho i aint to sure about you   i never heard of a guy warming a horse up for a catch driver...that usually the trainer ur warming up for and i wa there and i dont remember watching the likes of bill o or campbell or any of the other shot shoes at the time talking to the warm up guy..just hand the lines over and be gone
king151

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2012, 06:48:27 PM »

The ones I remember warming up all of the horses on the Grand Circuit were the trainers or their 2nd trainers .
king151

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 06:50:36 PM »

I would pay to go back in time and be at Lexington the day Glen Garnsey had one of the best days a driver or trainer ever had . Fan Hanover , Delmegan, Armbro Aussie , Guiding Beam , etc, etc, etc,.....
swoopdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2012, 06:51:00 PM »

I remember Benny kicking the crap out of Jim Marohn after the Cane or Messenger when Wildwood Jeb and Marohn caused Webster and Seahawk Hanover to go offstride. That was worth whatever we paid to get in back then.
it wasn't the cane or the messenger but the other jewel in the triple crown. the little brown jug. the year that fan Hanover won the jug. here's what happened. Benny had won his elimination. fan had won hers. in the final benny was on top with marohn in the two hole with the very headstrong ,freelegged steady star son, wildwood jeb. benny needed to win this heat to win the jug. marohn couldn't hold jeb in the hole and ran up on benny. when he did he put a leg over the arch of bennys bike next to the seat. both horses ground to a halt. glen garnsey moved fan at that moment and went on to victory to become the only filly to win the jug. when they finally got untangled and back to the winner circle, benny threw the lines to seahawk.s groom,Woody Crewes and went after marohn. fists were flying on the track till benny was pulled off him. marohn probably cost benny and skip lewis the jug that year.  heres the only video i could find its fans world record elim.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ02VZ5wM5s
Pius soho

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2012, 06:58:48 PM »

pius soho i aint to sure about you   i never heard of a guy warming a horse up for a catch driver...that usually the trainer ur warming up for and i wa there and i dont remember watching the likes of bill o or campbell or any of the other shot shoes at the time talking to the warm up guy..just hand the lines over and be gone

There are alot of things you are not sure about denny...we have seen this.  Think real hard now.  Just how many can a trainer warm up at the same time he has multiple horses in on any given night? Think real hard now....who warms up horses in 2nd, 3rd string?  Think real hard now.....and if you think the drivers never spoke with the guys that warmed up, then you were certainly not "there".  Whats not to be sure about now? I"m sure I spent at least as much time in the paddock warming up as I did in the morningtimes going trips.....Thats what the job was about...how unsure are you of this again?

Pius soho

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2012, 06:59:34 PM »

The ones I remember warming up all of the horses on the Grand Circuit were the trainers or their 2nd trainers .

Ding ding...give this man a cigar.....

king151

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2012, 07:03:11 PM »

There are alot of things you are not sure about denny...we have seen this.  Think real hard now.  Just how many can a trainer warm up at the same time he has multiple horses in on any given night? Think real hard now....who warms up horses in 2nd, 3rd string?  Think real hard now.....and if you think the drivers never spoke with the guys that warmed up, then you were certainly not "there".  Whats not to be sure about now? I"m sure I spent at least as much time in the paddock warming up as I did in the morningtimes going trips.....Thats what the job was about...how unsure are you of this again?

Pius , someone might give what you say a little more  credence if you wernt such a pompus ass .
Hardline

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2012, 07:06:44 PM »

We all need to wake up.....

The horse makes the Driver-- the Driver does not make the Horse

Anyone within reason can drive a good horse...

Take a look at a race recap sheet---throw out what driver wins the most races---tally up what drivers come in last and you will soon discover the truth...

Come on Guys??? beer  Please...
Pius soho

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2012, 07:08:27 PM »

We all need to wake up.....

The horse makes the Driver-- the Driver does not make the Horse

Anyone within reason can drive a good horse...

Take a look at a race recap sheet---throw out what driver wins the most races---tally up what drivers come in last and you will soon discover the truth...

Come on Guys??? beer  Please...

This fact has been proven countless times....

Pius soho

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2012, 07:10:25 PM »

Pius , someone might give what you say a little more  credence if you wernt such a pompus ass .

Thank you for reading my posts.

king151

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2012, 07:12:53 PM »

I dont ignore anyones posts , you never know they might have something worth while to contribute . But your letting me down .
Pius soho

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2012, 07:22:48 PM »

I dont ignore anyones posts , you never know they might have something worth while to contribute . But your letting me down .

Breakin my heart..... laughing guy

king151

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2012, 07:37:44 PM »

Breakin my heart..... laughing guy

twit  censor
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2012, 08:01:14 PM »

Im a HUGE Danica Patrick fan. I think i would pay to watch her drive stick

Pius soho

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2012, 08:03:04 PM »

Im a HUGE Danica Patrick fan. I think i would pay to watch her drive stick

A cutie pie...they keep takin her out on purpose and gettin away with it.

Fillmore Bear

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2012, 05:23:09 AM »

Budd Doble
     Pop Geers
     Juan Manuel Fanzio
     Eddie Sachs
     Jimmy Clark
     Jackie Stewart
     Ayrton Senna
vegas jay

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2012, 06:56:29 AM »

,,,BRIAN SEARS

MINISTER OF SPEED

JC

GOGGLES PIASANO

TIM TETRICK

JEFF GORDON

Joe O'Brien. Of course, you'd have to bring him back from the dead...but I'd pay to see that!
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2012, 07:37:47 AM »

it wasn't the cane or the messenger but the other jewel in the triple crown. the little brown jug. the year that fan Hanover won the jug. here's what happened. Benny had won his elimination. fan had won hers. in the final benny was on top with marohn in the two hole with the very headstrong ,freelegged steady star son, wildwood jeb. benny needed to win this heat to win the jug. marohn couldn't hold jeb in the hole and ran up on benny. when he did he put a leg over the arch of bennys bike next to the seat. both horses ground to a halt. glen garnsey moved fan at that moment and went on to victory to become the only filly to win the jug. when they finally got untangled and back to the winner circle, benny threw the lines to seahawk.s groom,Woody Crewes and went after marohn. fists were flying on the track till benny was pulled off him. marohn probably cost benny and skip lewis the jug that year.  heres the only video i could find its fans world record elim.

I never knew they raced the Jug one year in NY.....These message boards are so informative sometimes  laughing guy laughing guy

SHOWTIME!!!
swoopdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2012, 12:31:59 PM »

I never knew they raced the Jug one year in NY.....These message boards are so informative sometimes  laughing guy laughing guy
what year was that?  funny it doesn't mention that here or in my post you quoted above.  http://www.littlebrownjug.com/aboutus/history-of-jug

here is the post i quoted
clubhouse
Posts 68

Re: WHO WOOD YOU PAY TO SEE DRIVE
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2012, 05:52:13 PM »
Quote from: cliffyy on October 10, 2012, 04:42:43 PM
JIM TALLMAN OR BENNY THE WHIP

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 12:42:08 PM by swoopdaddy » Report to moderator   Logged
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2012, 12:38:11 PM »

Thanks for the great explanation. I knew it was a triple crown race that year with those 2 guys.
swoopdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2012, 12:45:50 PM »

Thanks for the great explanation. I knew it was a triple crown race that year with those 2 guys.
glad i could help. still trying to figure harness fan de response to the explanation. not sure what he is saying. what many dont remember was that there was another wreck earlier that day in an elim. maybe wilderness could help with that one.
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2012, 12:47:18 PM »

There's a fight where the combined weight of the combatants may not exceed 225 pounds!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: