Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 21, 2014, 01:27:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ALMOST 1000 PAGES OF TOPICS ON BTW  (Read 1125 times)
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« on: October 09, 2012, 07:28:51 PM »

HOW MANY WOULD WE HAVE IF NONE WERE DELETED?
Report to moderator   Logged
Mr_Ed

Stop gabbin and get me Pinochle cards!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 07:44:00 PM »

I'm sure it's more........many have been archived.

As for deletions?  What we have existing is an excellent cross-section of discussion.  Plus, there have been NO documented instances of redaction.  The merging of threads don't qualify.

Sounds good to me.
Blue Chip55

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 08:40:42 PM »

HOW MANY WOULD WE HAVE IF NONE WERE DELETED?

Guessing about 4500  binoculars
Pius soho

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 08:41:49 PM »

I'll take the over dunno

honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 08:43:55 PM »

And the pages of actual racing related material would still be 1000.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 08:45:15 PM »

And the pages of actual racing related material would still be 1000.

Off topic is fun!!!
If we just talk racing we would have fell asleep 3 years ago.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 09:49:05 PM »

Off topic is fun!!!
If we just talk racing we would have fell asleep 3 years ago.

Correction: YOU would have. Other forum members who are equally valued prefer to read/discuss racing topics and don't like the OT nonsense. So IMHO Janine does quite a good job of balancing it all out, including the unfortunately necessary deletions and bandings of posts and posters that go over her line.

Pius soho

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 09:55:41 PM »

Correction: YOU would have. Other forum members who are equally valued prefer to read/discuss racing topics and don't like the OT nonsense. So IMHO Janine does quite a good job of balancing it all out, including the unfortunately necessary deletions and bandings of posts and posters that go over her line.

Thank you for speaking for all of us yet again...except me.  I love OT, and prefer to call it what it is...derailing.  Lighten up oh miserable one....just speak for yourself next time, if thats possible.

ThePaceMaker

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 10:06:55 PM »

Terry- after about half a day, racing stuff is usually covered top to bottom, from all angles- there really isn't too much "new" stuff going on in harness- pardon us for having a sense of humor
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 10:44:34 PM »

Terry- after about half a day, racing stuff is usually covered top to bottom, from all angles- there really isn't too much "new" stuff going on in harness- pardon us for having a sense of humor

Ah. "Sense of humor." That's what the insults, nastiness, obscenity, and libel that Janine deletes is called.

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

You're right, that's some funny stuff right there.

Blue Chip55

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 10:45:44 PM »

Thank you for speaking for all of us yet again...except me.  I love OT, and prefer to call it what it is...derailing.  Lighten up oh miserable one....just speak for yourself next time, if thats possible.

Count me in as well. Kindly speak for yourself HBT
I couldnt agree with you less. Why not just toss anyone who posts a non racing topic ?  Thanks for calling it like it is Soho
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 10:53:43 PM »

Count me in as well. Kindly speak for yourself HBT

I actually spoke for many posters who don't like the nastiness, fights, and obscenity. You guys think you're the only ones here, or maybe the stars of the show?

I couldnt agree with you less. Why not just toss anyone who posts a non racing topic ?

There's nothing wrong with humor or OT threads per se, and Janine doesn't delete those. The topic, however, was how many pages there would be if there were no deletions, and its unlamented garbage that bothers lots of other posters that gets deleted. Deservedly, in my personal opinion.

Blue Chip55

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 11:39:17 PM »

I actually spoke for many posters who don't like the nastiness, fights, and obscenity. You guys think you're the only ones here, or maybe the stars of the show?

There's nothing wrong with humor or OT threads per se, and Janine doesn't delete those. The topic, however, was how many pages there would be if there were no deletions, and its unlamented garbage that bothers lots of other posters that gets deleted. Deservedly, in my personal opinion.

There you go again. Why would you say I think Im one of the only one's here ? You have to right to make that claim. You have absolutely no idea what I think

Why would off topic stuff possibly bother you ? If it does, don't read it.  I use no obscenity here ever. Nor do I think Im the star of any show. I have opinions like you or anyone else.

Just who are "us guys " anyway ? Can I get the full list of us hoodlums ? Im sure you have it handy.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 11:42:55 PM »

Then y.dont they start a thread instead of complaining about it?

Maybe they just don't like the poster and haven't taken their milkamagnesa

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 11:45:24 PM »

There you go again. Why would you say I think Im one of the only one's here ? You have to right to make that claim. You have absolutely no idea what I think

Why would off topic stuff possibly bother you ? If it does, don't read it.  I use no obscenity here ever. Nor do I think Im the star of any show. I have opinions like you or anyone else.

Just who are "us guys " anyway ? Can I get the full list of us hoodlums ? Im sure you have it handy.

Terry probably isnt in a position to give you that list.
He hates harness and comes over here only when its slow on his throughbred side and/or to cause trouble.

The list is pretty easy to comprehend. Just read.
You are a hoodlum and associate over and over again with "known" hoodlums.

Next?
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 11:53:05 PM »

There you go again. Why would you say I think Im one of the only one's here ?

Because obviously you (as a group, not you personally, I mean) don't care what Janine's rules or standards are and have been for many years, and you don't care about alienating and driving off posters who came here for actual horse racing discussion.

You have to right to make that claim. You have absolutely no idea what I think

I know how you (the group) act.

Why would off topic stuff possibly bother you ?

I don't give a crap about OT material per se, but the question I replied to was the question of how many pages there would be without deletions, so obviously (to most, at any rate) what I'm talking about is what got deleted.

If it does, don't read it.

That's a great idea. So can we agree you and all others keep it out of meaningful discussions instead of constantly derailing those, so I will NOT have to read it?  

I use no obscenity here ever.

Then I'm guessing you have probably had very few posts deleted for that reason, and the obscenity charge isn't really about you.

The ones always whining about having their great thoughts (read: nasty insults) deleted by Janine, as in the difference between 1000 pages and 4500. If that's not you, then you can bow out, because I'm not talking about you.

3 wide and wingin

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 11:53:18 PM »

You are a hoodlum "sympathizer".

Which is OK.

It doesn't make you a bad person or open you up for scorn.
I have in the past sympathised with them.

If I did a thread on the hoodlums it wont last long.
So I try to offer constructive criticism in their threads.

Chandler says ruff ruff

next?
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 12:01:20 AM »

They just leave.

Or maybe they just don't like the constant nastiness and derailment, like I said in the first place.

Blue Chip55

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2012, 12:15:27 AM »

Honestly, if I didn't know better Terry, I would assume you are just joking around on this thread. But i do know better.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2012, 12:18:36 AM »

Honestly, if I didn't know better Terry, I would assume you are just joking around on this thread. But i do know better.
HBT DOES NOT JOKE AROUND...Serious as a heart attack.
Furthermore, does not like harness racing at all..Only come over here  to slum with us..
Vastly superior in his acumen of all things.  bang head bang head bang head
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 12:20:18 AM »

I'm addressing the difference between the 1000 pages and the mythical 4500 pages you guessed. So you decide if it's serious, not serious, maybe lampooning someone's goofy claim, or Huh

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012, 12:22:46 AM »

HBT DOES NOT JOKE AROUND...Serious as a heart attack.
Furthermore, does not like harness racing at all..Only come over here  to slum with us..
Vastly superior in his acumen of all things.  bang head bang head bang head

Newjackcity = tiny acumen and acumen envy.

fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2012, 12:24:00 AM »

Things were so slow on the tbred side cause it's all very serious racing stuff for the most part unless posters trying to figure out wtf I spelled!

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2012, 12:32:10 AM »

Things were so slow on the tbred side cause it's all very serious racing stuff for the most part unless posters trying to figure out wtf I spelled!

And the problem with "slow" as opposed to "serious racing stuff" (not that everyone would agree on serious re: tbred side) for a forum nominally dedicated to horse racing would be ...

ThePaceMaker

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2012, 01:03:20 AM »

Ah. "Sense of humor." That's what the insults, nastiness, obscenity, and libel that Janine deletes is called.

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

You're right, that's some funny stuff right there.

Some is tasteless and classless, sure.. There seems to be a lot of feuds going on here. If anyone has a real problem with anyone and it upsets them they should just click ignore and be done with it. Going into diatribes about other ppl's conduct is a waste of time, you're not gonna change anything or more importantly anyone. Ultimately I would like th ability to decide if I want to read jokes n off color humor mixed in w/ racing talk and occasionally by itself! I enjoy it. If you don't you know who to ignore for the most part- that simple. Going on and on about how big of an ***hole someone else is is passive aggressive fighting even if they "started" it.. You can be done with it if you want to be. If you enjoy engaging in feuds than I'm not gonna stop you from doing it. I think it's pointless but I'm not about trying to stop others from enjoying things that I don't particularly care for. Call me a Liberterian- not to be confused with "The Liberteriann" of Northfield (obscure NFLD horse reference)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: