Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 20, 2014, 07:07:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frank Mirahmadi  (Read 880 times)
pamwaggy

Ignore
« on: October 09, 2012, 04:38:18 PM »

We were all talking at the Pleasanton California OTB this weekend about how much Frank Mirahmadi has improved.  We are loving his calling now. 

My husband listened to a morning radio show that day and heard that the owner of Oaklawn was really happy with his work too.  They mentioned he was handed an envelope containing a very nice bonus.

So I hope Vegas Jay will pass on how much we bettors in California appreciate his friend now.

Go Frank!
Report to moderator   Logged
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 05:13:14 PM »

A bonus from "Uncle Charlie" Cella? Incredible, usually all you get from him at the end of the year is an ugly tie.
Bob B

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 08:26:42 AM »

I've personally seen Mr. Cella being very generous with the less fortunate so giving a bonus to Frank wouldn't surprise me at all.  He is a very intimidating individual and can come off as gruff, but I think the family runs Oaklawn very well and they don't seem to have much turnover at that track in the higher level positions.  Anyone that works for Stronach for more than two years is an anomaly.  As much *** and complaining that I see on internet forums about tracks, I seldom see people having issues with Oaklawn.
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 08:56:08 AM »

Frank is a pro, always relates to the players and seems to genuinely love the game.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 10:42:35 AM »

I've personally seen Mr. Cella being very generous with the less fortunate so giving a bonus to Frank wouldn't surprise me at all.

Yeah, but "Earl" strikes me as the kind of sour guy that you would gift with an ugly tie; says more about him than it does Mr. Cella.
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 02:19:36 PM »

Yeah, but "Earl" strikes me as the kind of sour guy that you would gift with an ugly tie; says more about him than it does Mr. Cella.

Anybody that knows me would consider me the opposite of "sour."
Now Uncle Charlie, he's sour. Still mad that his family got run out of Missouri by the do-gooders in 1905.
Also I gave my tie to someone less fortunate. He liked to wear it as a bandana during float trips.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 08:39:59 PM »

Frank has come along way baby on his calling races !

I use to luv trev but hell every limy west of the pond it's boring Frank has become one ofmy favorites.
I got to say heard him even announce a harness race now that's real tricky 4 any race caller going from flats to buggys!

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
vegas jay

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 05:24:33 AM »

Knowing Frank as well as I do, I can honestly say he is the consummate pro in his approach to everything he does. Whether it's preparation for an on-air shift on TVG, preparing to call a live race, or formulating a morning line for the track program, the advance work he does is exhaustive. He is an absolute perfectionist, which also means he is, at times, his biggest critic.

Call it the spartan work ethic, but Frank lives by the old adage, "The more effort you put into something, the more you get out of it."
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 12:55:59 PM »

It sure is showing in his calling now.  He is so smooth and it seem effortless and I know it is not!
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 12:59:19 PM »

I forget if I mentioned he and I were on a local radio show in Ferndale and he told everyone pamwaggy called him out but she should have.  I thought that was really amazing. What a guy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: