Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 03:06:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the Giss really down to $.90?  (Read 3296 times)
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2012, 06:16:58 PM »

I can't answer about Rose because I never bothered to read about his selections. I haven't read any picks since Sandy Grossman worked there ages ago and that was only because he was very funny.
I don't buy the paper anymore. I get my programs from trackmaster online now. And that was always another problem. You couldn't get a copy of the paper. The news stand would only get 1 or 2 copies and most tracks never had it except for Meadowlands or Yonkers and I don't live close anymore.

you can get the programs online now....been that way for about a year. much much much better than trashmaster garbage
Report to moderator   Logged
Blue Chip55

« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2012, 06:17:44 PM »

MY FRIEND WATCHES RACES 5 TIMES.

I USUALLY WATCH JUST ONCE UNLESS I FEEL LIKE I NEED TO VERIFY SOMETHING.

You might want to consider watching a few more times based on recent results. Just sayin........ nyah
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2012, 06:18:24 PM »

Absolutely !!!!
When I sent in my samples for Chester it took over 3 hours for the 15 races they run in a day. I would watch the replay 2 or 3 times to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Hey friend would you mind posting or send me a PM with your examples?
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2012, 06:18:54 PM »

I also am not in charge of Maywood...As you know club it takes a lot of work getting the comments for each horse correct..

JD, that doesn't make sence with alot of the same horses going back and forth to both tracks unless you just don't have the time or don't want to do Maywood.
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2012, 06:24:26 PM »

you can get the programs online now....been that way for about a year. much much much better than trashmaster garbage
I always liked that program better. I bought it for over 30 years every day. ( I know, I'm almost an old fart). My only problem with the online issue was it only had 6 or 8 lines unless they canged and give you a little more.
I go back to the Jack Rubin days. Do you remember him or are you much younger than me ?
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2012, 06:27:32 PM »

Hey friend would you mind posting or send me a PM with your examples?
Do you want something fresh or the samples I sent to Derrick if I didn't erase them ?
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2012, 06:31:19 PM »

I always liked that program better. I bought it for over 30 years every day. ( I know, I'm almost an old fart). My only problem with the online issue was it only had 6 or 8 lines unless they canged and give you a little more.
I go back to the Jack Rubin days. Do you remember him or are you much younger than me ?

10 lines. they also recently changed the format and the print is much larger, easier on the eyes

jack kaiser? dont remember rubin, but i havent been buying them for 30 years..close though... i started buying them when they were $2.00 for the paper. now, its $2.75  per card online and thats with your own ink and paper.
Blue Chip55

« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2012, 06:35:37 PM »

Rubin wrote some good stuff for sports Eye back in the day. I believe he was an editor of sorts, but his columns were really good IMO

I guess Im personally not a lot younger than you. More than likely a bit older laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2012, 06:39:10 PM »

10 lines. they also recently changed the format and the print is much larger, easier on the eyes

jack kaiser? dont remember rubin, but i havent been buying them for 30 years..close though... i started buying them when they were $2.00 for the paper. now, its $2.75  per card online and thats with your own ink and paper.

You have to own a forest and paper mill for 10 line programs.
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2012, 06:46:10 PM »

they print on 1 page, unlike trashmaster.

the issue is the ink....i advise printing at your place of employment
jdizigg

« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2012, 07:01:51 PM »

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy  I print them at work.....
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2012, 07:03:59 PM »

Thanks. 10 lines is excellant.
The ink costs more than anything else. Runs out quick here.
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2012, 07:05:54 PM »

If you are printing PPs get a laser printer. Breakeven on toner vs. ink even including the price of the printer is probably about year if not less (haven't priced it lately and I went for the all-in-one). And it is sooo much faster.
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2012, 07:06:22 PM »

Rubin wrote some good stuff for sports Eye back in the day. I believe he was an editor of sorts, but his columns were really good IMO

I guess Im personally not a lot younger than you. More than likely a bit older laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
His columns were full of a cast of charactors. Loved them.
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2012, 07:09:03 PM »

If you are printing PPs get a laser printer. Breakeven on toner vs. ink even including the price of the printer is probably about year if not less (haven't priced it lately and I went for the all-in-one). And it is sooo much faster.

IM INDAGENT.
jdizigg

« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2012, 07:12:37 PM »

Thanks for the advice J9  thumbs up
Blue Chip55

« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2012, 07:18:52 PM »

His columns were full of a cast of charactors. Loved them.

Thats right. Many racetrack characters were part of his writings. I was just informed he died in Las Vegas a few years ago
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2012, 07:22:50 PM »

Thats right. Many racetrack characters were part of his writings. I was just informed he died in Las Vegas a few years ago
I never got to meet him but great memories of his stories.
jks best

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2012, 08:43:07 PM »

If Giss's job was "Official Nice Guy of USTA" no one would complain.. However, his job is handicapping and writing a column-his handicapping SUCKS- the #s are atrocious- I don't particularly care for his excuses (he meant to bet another horse- wtf difference does it make??? the horse he intended to bet lost anyway!)but overall am appalled by his capping and nothing else- his approach is bad, his results are bad- and Imean real bad in both regards- Giss sycophants- NO ONE EVER DISPUTED THAT HE WAS A NICE GUY- THAT IS 100% IRRELEVANT!!!

That sums it up.
ThePaceMaker

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2012, 09:08:26 PM »

Thanks.. Hopefully this can delay these stories "Giss once ordered a hot dog then decided he wanted a cheeseburger, after protest he ended up having to pay for both.. That Giss is such a nice man he sold me the hot dog for 2/3rd what he paid- he told me he was giving me the friend price and for that I'll be forever grateful"
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2012, 09:10:19 PM »

Sounds like trouble handicapping the menu
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2012, 09:11:32 PM »

Thanks.. Hopefully this can delay these stories "Giss once ordered a hot dog then decided he wanted a cheeseburger, after protest he ended up having to pay for both.. That Giss is such a nice man he sold me the hot dog for 2/3rd what he paid- he told me he was giving me the friend price and for that I'll be forever grateful"

"Youll get NOTHING  & like it"

Judge Smails
ThePaceMaker

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2012, 09:13:20 PM »

Hahaha @ Spalding getting the shaft
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2012, 08:09:04 AM »

I tried the harness eye online and it was hard to read...according to TK its better now so I will try it again...I have a laser printer (when I dont print them at work) that cost me $99.....The toners are $23 delivered off of ebay ($109 from Staples) and they print about 6000 pages (roughly 400 single page programs or 300 of the 10 liners off trackmaster)

SHOWTIME!!!
coldpunch

« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2012, 11:52:05 PM »

Giss, as far gambling goes--is a mental ***

and that is said will all due respect
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: