Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 05:21:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the Giss really down to $.90?  (Read 3761 times)
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2012, 10:50:28 AM »

The Jizz is not buried yet sarcasm...

With the 20c pic 3 at Woodbine he can do  a single/ single/x4  for 80c  & still have 10c for a super at Balmoral screw

In full disclosure,  I have never read the Jizz's picks but my general feeling when listening to these so called experts is to FADE THEM.
Whether its Brower, Bothe, the klingon from Canada...They seem to be able to give you a favorite, rarely a price..
To me, the best cappers are the ones that can see stuff that is not on the page & find true value dollar
Report to moderator   Logged
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2012, 12:59:25 PM »

My general take on this whole thread is a bunch of losers pointing out how another guy is a loser. Plain and simple, unless you can successfully show me where you've had your own handicapping column and have done a better job than the Giss,  then you really have no credibility in your dissent. Winners don't make fun of losers only fellow losers do that.

You can go back to the Mutuelsonline blog from late 2010 to about middle 2011. I was Mr. Icon
My column had more winners, exactas and triples than the rest combined.
jdizigg

« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2012, 01:05:29 PM »

You can go back to the Mutuelsonline blog from late 2010 to about middle 2011. I was Mr. Icon
My column had more winners, exactas and triples than the rest combined.

I will vouch for club.  He's an excellent handicapper...
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2012, 01:07:43 PM »

So what do u consider promoting the sport?
How many people flick to harness racing because of Giss ?

I don't see or hear any promotions for the sport.
There is alot that can be done.
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2012, 01:11:03 PM »

PUT THEM UP HERE

Sure. Is there a specific track that you follow or bet on that you would like ?
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2012, 01:13:19 PM »

I will vouch for club.  He's an excellent handicapper...

Thank you buddy
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2012, 04:25:22 PM »

Yea the new fans go to the USTA for their selections    laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

*** clueless !!!

The new fans don't even know what the *** the USTA is   doh  

You 2 act like the USTA is a handicapping site where people go to get betting help   screwy
U hit the nail on the head new fans don't go or no who the Usta is because their ARE NOT any!
So how in the does Giss this nice guy promote and bring fans to racing?

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2012, 04:47:38 PM »

alternatively, heres 2 examples of current "professional handicappers" who know what they are doing:

derick giwner

and especially....matt rose. ( i do not know either of them personally)

jdizigg

« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2012, 04:55:53 PM »

alternatively, heres 2 examples of current "professional handicappers" who know what they are doing:

derick giwner

and especially....matt rose. ( i do not know either of them personally)

They especially know how to hire someone who knows what they are doing  Grin
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2012, 04:59:59 PM »

They especially know how to hire someone who knows what they are doing  Grin

of course, the Harness Eye is DRF. DRF would not employ someone who is an amatuer

im thinking the USTA should send the giss out to NYC for a few months to learn how to handicap from these guys?
jdizigg

« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2012, 05:01:04 PM »

of course, the Harness Eye is DRF. DRF would not employ someone who is an amatuer

im thinking the USTA should send the giss out to NYC for a few months to learn how to handicap from these guys?

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2012, 05:04:23 PM »

I have to disagree with you guys. Although Jeremy was a teriffic hire for his work at Balmoral/Maywood there are alot of mistakes in the result charts as far as the comments go and Derric said they get alot of it for free from the USTA so they will keep it that way.
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2012, 05:08:16 PM »

I have to disagree with you guys. Although Jeremy was a teriffic hire for his work at Balmoral/Maywood there are alot of mistakes in the result charts as far as the comments go and Derric said they get alot of it for free from the USTA so they will keep it that way.

cant speak to the chicago comment lines, dont bet those dumps.

im speaking to the selections columns; giwner is knowledgeable at the meadowlands and matt rose out flat-out knows yonkers as well as anyone.
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2012, 05:14:00 PM »

I had comlpained to him awhile back about how poor and wrong the comments were at Chester. He asked me if I would be interested, I said I would do it (although the pay would be weak) I figured if I watched Chester everyday I would come up with solid plays to make up for lousey pay. After 3 days of terriffic samples, Derick didn't like a comment about a horse that finished 5th that I said was LOADED with pace. Thats the beauty of the game. We all see the race different. Thats why we all pick different horses every race. He disagreed with what I saw so he stuck with the guy making all of the mistakes. The horse in question was scratched the next start, then finished 2nd a week later and won the following week. But if you should happen to read some of the comments they are either just foolish and make no sence or just wrong.
jdizigg

« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2012, 05:16:53 PM »

Club, i can speak to this...The tracks they cover, which they just started Balmoral about 6 weeks ago are not done by the usta...I am the one in charge of the comments since they started it....So they should now be very in depth and correct as of a few weeks ago atleast for balmoral..If you see something wrong please point it out to my attention asap...
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2012, 05:20:21 PM »

Club, i can speak to this...The tracks they cover, which they just started Balmoral about 6 weeks ago are not done by the usta...I am the one in charge of the comments since they started it....So they should now be very in depth and correct as of a few weeks ago atleast for balmoral..If you see something wrong please point it out to my attention asap...

THANKS FOR HELPING FIX HARNESS RACING.
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2012, 05:20:49 PM »

I had comlpained to him awhile back about how poor and wrong the comments were at Chester. He asked me if I would be interested, I said I would do it (although the pay would be weak) I figured if I watched Chester everyday I would come up with solid plays to make up for lousey pay. After 3 days of terriffic samples, Derick didn't like a comment about a horse that finished 5th that I said was LOADED with pace. Thats the beauty of the game. We all see the race different. Thats why we all pick different horses every race. He disagreed with what I saw so he stuck with the guy making all of the mistakes. The horse in question was scratched the next start, then finished 2nd a week later and won the following week. But if you should happen to read some of the comments they are either just foolish and make no sence or just wrong.

i dont even read them anymore. they were so bad when it first started that it was hard to believe. it was like someone was doing it that had never seen a harness race before in their life. i debated JWR for several years about his comments (when he was doing them for H/E and he made some adjustments. im not sure if he still does it or not but i do have agree with you on the race comments.

do you agree that Rose is as good as anyone?
jdizigg

« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2012, 05:20:57 PM »

I also am not in charge of Maywood...As you know club it takes a lot of work getting the comments for each horse correct..
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2012, 05:22:41 PM »

I also am not in charge of Maywood...As you know club it takes a lot of work getting the comments for each horse correct..

MY FRIEND WATCHES RACES 5 TIMES.

I USUALLY WATCH JUST ONCE UNLESS I FEEL LIKE I NEED TO VERIFY SOMETHING.
ThePaceMaker

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2012, 05:22:55 PM »

If Giss's job was "Official Nice Guy of USTA" no one would complain.. However, his job is handicapping and writing a column-his handicapping SUCKS- the #s are atrocious- I don't particularly care for his excuses (he meant to bet another horse- wtf difference does it make??? the horse he intended to bet lost anyway!)but overall am appalled by his capping and nothing else- his approach is bad, his results are bad- and Imean real bad in both regards- Giss sycophants- NO ONE EVER DISPUTED THAT HE WAS A NICE GUY- THAT IS 100% IRRELEVANT!!!
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2012, 05:28:27 PM »

his approach is what really distiguishes himself as a joker. lets look back at the big 3yo pace at tioga where he took RNR Dance (2/5) and part wheeled him over the next 3 lowest price horses in the exacta.

are you kidding me? how did the usta let someone recommend that wager regardless of the outcome? can you make a worse bet? why not just tell people to bet 3 horses to win in a race - the 3 favorites...
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2012, 06:03:22 PM »

I certainly will. I am sure I am going back before you started.
I laugh went the comment would say wet track for say the #6. Did that mean he started in a puddle while the rest were on dry surface. Or the 3 wide and winging, but the horse in question was on the rail. LOL
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2012, 06:09:36 PM »

Can you even buy a popsicle for $0.90?
Good thing summer is over.
How many packets of instant hot cocoa can you get for $0.90?
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2012, 06:09:55 PM »

i dont even read them anymore. they were so bad when it first started that it was hard to believe. it was like someone was doing it that had never seen a harness race before in their life. i debated JWR for several years about his comments (when he was doing them for H/E and he made some adjustments. im not sure if he still does it or not but i do have agree with you on the race comments.

do you agree that Rose is as good as anyone?
I can't answer about Rose because I never bothered to read about his selections. I haven't read any picks since Sandy Grossman worked there ages ago and that was only because he was very funny.
I don't buy the paper anymore. I get my programs from trackmaster online now. And that was always another problem. You couldn't get a copy of the paper. The news stand would only get 1 or 2 copies and most tracks never had it except for Meadowlands or Yonkers and I don't live close anymore.
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2012, 06:13:00 PM »

Absolutely !!!!
When I sent in my samples for Chester it took over 3 hours for the 15 races they run in a day. I would watch the replay 2 or 3 times to make sure I didn't miss anything.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: