Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 04:30:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dave Palone  (Read 2652 times)
jdizigg

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2012, 09:09:31 AM »

I bet you that stat is the same for the other drivers you mentioned as well.......I just dont get why people cant give credit to the guy.....you say he drives at a C track but he is always in the top 10 in earnings so why would he leave?Huh

I said i give him credit..He is one of the best in the game...just not in the same class as purple jesus or Ron Pierce.....Who is?   VERY FEW and not Dave.
Report to moderator   Logged
king151

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2012, 09:26:51 AM »

Well guys i know you like ganging up on the "crew" but campbells skills HAVE eroded.  I dont have a problem using him when his sitting on a better horse but they are right...The hall of famer and one of the best ever can still get in the winners circle but isnt the same..I give Palone credit because he is good but again everybody not at the meadows knows its a joke...The drivers there let Palone do everything because there scared he will influence others if they piss him off....He is ALLOWED to drop in holes, retake without a fight, never gets pulled on, NEVER gets hung out, and always gets the livest mounts.  Its a joke and what i have just stated in my last sentence is a fact not an opinion...The rest is up for debate...

No doubt about it Jd and I have never said that Campbell is the same driver he was in 1995, But No body is the driver HE was in the 90s . He can still get the job done on a good horse as can alot of others . One thing you cant overlook with him is how carefully he  has raced OOE this year . He raced that colt like he owns him .
As for Palone he is without a doubt the big  fish in a small pond . But when he has power on the big stage he can also get the job done . Its a funny thing if you ask other catch drivers about Dave , you get varied answers . Some say he is as good as his stats state and others say product of his enviroment .  I know this, if I had a 2yo in a stake race at The Meadows and I got Palone I would be pretty happy with that .
jdizigg

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2012, 09:49:15 AM »

I know this, if I had a 2yo in a stake race at The Meadows and I got Palone I would be pretty happy with that .

Damn straight!  You would have 8 other drivers helping you win  laughing guy laughing guy sarcasm
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2012, 09:50:56 AM »

Palone is good and deserves credit..............as a C driver track....He tries to swim with the big boys he'll get chewed up and spitten out.  The Meadows is a joke, everybody not at the meadows knows it...

yeah, brett miller and ledford are c class for sure. just a step up from the d drivers at thunder ridge and plainridge
king151

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2012, 09:54:04 AM »

Damn straight!  You would have 8 other drivers helping you win  laughing guy laughing guy sarcasm

No sarcasam alert needed , you are correct . he gets alot of favors on the track and not consistently challenged . But their is a reason for that . First off he is usually driving a favorite or a horse who highly figures in a race . And 2nd he has a long memory . If  you want to string him out getting to the lead or shut him out of a hole , payback is surely coming .
king151

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 09:57:06 AM »

yeah, brett miller and ledford are c class for sure. just a step up from the d drivers at thunder ridge and plainridge

People forget  that Brian Sears , George Brennen , Dave Miller and a few others have been regulars at The Meadows for short times and Palone has never relinquished his top spot when they were there and still won more races than they did  when they were there.
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2012, 10:05:20 AM »

People forget  that Brian Sears , George Brennen , Dave Miller and a few others have been regulars at The Meadows for short times and Palone has never relinquished his top spot when they were there and still won more races than they did  when they were there.

i had to tune out when someone said palone wouldnt be top 3 at yonkers.....
jdizigg

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2012, 10:07:53 AM »

TKS come on bud give me a little credit?Huh I actually think quite highly of Brett Millers his driving skills...I should have argued b track...
jdizigg

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2012, 10:10:32 AM »

And both of us have stated reasons why this is...You think Palone could have went to ohio and punked purple jesus? NOT IN A MILLION YEARS  Dave Palone is a hall of fame driver and ANYBODY would be happy to have him drive there horse... I was only saying he has a lot of things handed to him by the other drivers who most will admit....
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2012, 10:16:25 AM »

And both of us have stated reasons why this is...You think Palone could have went to ohio and punked purple jesus? NOT IN A MILLION YEARS  Dave Palone is a hall of fame driver and ANYBODY would be happy to have him drive there horse... I was only saying he has a lot of things handed to him by the other drivers who most will admit....

he is the perennial leading driver on the grand circuit. doesnt that completely squash your argument? or, does he bring the meadows drivers with him to all the stakes to intimidate the drivers hes in against?
jdizigg

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2012, 10:16:33 AM »

I will ad that i have a bias when it comes to the meadows....I dont think its right that one driver would be allowed to do as he pleases...It makes it VERY difficult to handicap the race.  If Palone is sitting on a horse that isnt one of the top choices he still gets all the benefits, so if he wants to go to the lead, float for position, or have a hole opened up it magically appears...I have even sought out a few drivers about it because of my displeasure and i have been told exactly what king stated...They would have retribution taken against them in more ways than one.  
APPRENTICE

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2012, 10:19:02 AM »

he is the perennial leading driver on the grand circuit. doesnt that completely squash your argument? or, does he bring the meadows drivers with him to all the stakes to intimidate the drivers hes in against?

STOP IT ..SKIPPER,,WILL YOU

PALONE DOES AS HE PLEASES AT MEADOWS

EVEN DA ANNOUNCER IS BAISED TOWARDS HIM

I THINK HEZ IN LUV WITH PALONE
jdizigg

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2012, 10:19:32 AM »

Where do you come up with PERENNIAL?  Tim tetrick has 24 wins....Palone 13.....
king151

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2012, 10:19:52 AM »

As for Campbell , I think now he has become a driver for a particular horse . I think he is best suited  for dirving young good horses . He will educate them while not abusing them and bring you back a fresh horse as often as possible . While putting them in a spot to be succesful . I dont think he is a  driver who is bettable on a daily  basis but as we all  saw on the first saturday of Lexongton when he won 5 races 4 being stakes he is more than capable and when he felt he was wronged he looked like the John of yesteryear.
jdizigg

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2012, 10:23:08 AM »

As for Campbell , I think now he has become a driver for a particular horse . I think he is best suited  for dirving young good horses . He will educate them while not abusing them and bring you back a fresh horse as often as possible . While putting them in a spot to be succesful . I dont think he is a  driver who is bettable on a daily  basis but as we all  saw on the first saturday of Lexongton when he won 5 races 4 being stakes he is more than capable and when he felt he was wronged he looked like the John of yesteryear.

Excellent post King, I agree JC always shows up when the money's on the line
king151

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2012, 10:24:04 AM »

I will ad that i have a bias when it comes to the meadows....I dont think its right that one driver would be allowed to do as he pleases...It makes it VERY difficult to handicap the race.  If Palone is sitting on a horse that isnt one of the top choices he still gets all the benefits, so if he wants to go to the lead, float for position, or have a hole opened up it magically appears...I have even sought out a few drivers about it because of my displeasure and i have been told exactly what king stated...They would have retribution taken against them in more ways than one.  

Jd, it does make the Meadows a tough place to handicap  unless you plan on using Palone 10 times a  day . And what  would  you have the drivers at the Meadows do ? Start parking Palone ? That will put them in a bad spot more often than not and maybe looking for a new place to ply their trade . Maybe  with the exception of Brett Miller . They  know you have to play along to get along .
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2012, 10:27:36 AM »

Where do you come up with PERENNIAL?  Tim tetrick has 24 wins....Palone 13.....

he has more grand circuit titles than ANYONE in the last decade. year in, year out, he is the man to beat in the grand circuit drive title. are you really unaware of this??
king151

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2012, 10:29:36 AM »

I think if Palone were at Yoners he would be the #3 jock . #2 when Sears wasnt there .
APPRENTICE

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »

DAVE ,,HE WOOD BE 4TH AT YONKERS,,

BEHIND,,BRENNAN,,SEARS,,BARTLETT

king151

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2012, 10:37:34 AM »

He would deffinately be ahead of Bartlett , No Comparison . Name one big race Bartlett has won other than NYSS. Ill help  None .
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2012, 10:38:38 AM »

palone is roughly 18,000,000x a better driver than jason bartlett
APPRENTICE

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2012, 10:40:30 AM »

palone is roughly 18,000,000x a better driver than jason bartlett

you know i'M fckin with you skipper,,,just to get u going,,,,...FCKIN BORED  DUDE

THIS IS A  BORIN ASS FORUM,,, NO ARGUMENTS ,,NO KING ,,,I FALL ASLEEP HERE

I GIVE TOO FCK;S ABOUT THIS THREAD,,

PALONE IS HALL OF FAMER..ENUFF SAID

jdizigg

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2012, 10:47:58 AM »

he has more grand circuit titles than ANYONE in the last decade. year in, year out, he is the man to beat in the grand circuit drive title. are you really unaware of this??

Please enlighten me, he has won 1 title in the last 5 years right?
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2012, 10:57:58 AM »

Please enlighten me, he has won 1 title in the last 5 years right?

im not a history teacher,. and i dont have each years leading driver records readily available. its abundantly clear to anyone that follows the sport that hes the perennial grand circuit leading driver. if you need to learn, call the usta. they should be able to provide you year -by-year statistics
jdizigg

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2012, 11:00:45 AM »

im not a history teacher,. and i dont have each years leading driver records readily available. its abundantly clear to anyone that follows the sport that hes the perennial grand circuit leading driver. if you need to learn, call the usta. they should be able to provide you year -by-year statistics

I looked em up he eeeeeked out a victory barely in 2011 after that you have to go back awhile and he is not even going to be close this year...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: