Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 12:15:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CONGRATS TO JOHN CAMPBELL  (Read 1543 times)
burton

Ignore
« on: October 06, 2012, 06:18:57 PM »

ANOTHER GREAT DRIVE ON ODDS ON EQUELLEUS
Report to moderator   Logged
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 07:37:33 PM »

super colt,,jc just a passanger
TheRedMile

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 09:22:22 PM »

thumbs up thumbs up
king151

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 09:44:57 PM »

Just shows that when John has LIVE horses , he still puts them in a spot to do well .  I know the John bashers were licking their lips when Tetrick got thru up the inside BUT  John got his colt to dig deep, down late .
burton

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 09:46:38 PM »

Just shows that when John has LIVE horses , he still puts them in a spot to do well .  I know the John bashers were licking their lips when Tetrick got thru up the inside BUT  John got his colt to dig deep, down late .
STEAK DRIVER
J. Mannix

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 11:31:49 PM »

O
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 11:57:07 AM by J. Mannix » Report to moderator   Logged
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 01:57:17 AM »

super colt,,jc just a passanger

I thought the horse looked super nice. Looked a lot better than the rest of the field for sure. The connections have a nice horse wish them well and good luck in the future. The horse sure fit the conditions.

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
king151

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 08:20:40 AM »

In the $87,550 second division, Odds On Racing's Odd On Equuleus rebounded from his disqualification a week earlier in the Bluegrass Stakes to hit the wire first in a lifetime best 1:50. John Campbell steered the Robin Schadt trained son of Art Major-Latte Lady to his fifth triumph in nine 2012 appearances. He has now banked $417,534.

Odds On Equuleus ($3.00) brushed to the lead on the backstretch in a :55 half-mile clocking and was still in command at the 1:23.3 three-quarter pole. He then paced a final quarter of :26.1 in holding off a stubborn Doctor Butch by a neck, with Dress The Part third.

Trainer Robin Schadt was asked if she had any anxious moments in the stretch.

"I'm always anxious from the time they go out on the gate until they finish and I thought you know Linda's horse (Doctor Butch) is a nice colt and I thought if he's going to get the trip he's going to get the benefit, but it all worked out. He was game.

"He is eligible for the Breeders Crown next year. We just didn't do it this year. He'll be in most of the big 3-year-old stakes next year. I just paid the futures in. He'll be ready for a heavy schedule next year. It will be tough but he'll be ready to go."

jks best

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 09:14:32 AM »

Any moron would have won this race. Skill or skills fading Campbell was a passenger on OOE. OOE was the best in the race by far.
king151

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 09:18:09 AM »

Any moron would have won this race. Skill or skills fading Campbell was a passenger on OOE. OOE was the best in the race by far.

Dont be a HATER .
jks best

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 09:25:14 AM »

Dont be a HATER .

It has nothing to do with hating. Pat Berry would have won with OOE saturday.
king151

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 09:27:09 AM »

It has nothing to do with hating. Pat Berry would have won with OOE saturday.

Pump your brakes JKS, now your getting riduculus.
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 08:45:33 PM »

Im not good at math but I think the reporter is off somewhere on their split times....that adds up to 49.4 ...just sayin'

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
king151

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 08:47:39 PM »

Im not good at math but I think the reporter is off somewhere on their split times....that adds up to 49.4 ...just sayin'

I think they mixed it up I think Ustrotting has Doctor butch pacing his last 1/4 26.1 .
pork

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 03:02:26 PM »

http://
I thought the horse looked super nice. Looked a lot better than the rest of the field for sure. The connections have a nice horse wish them well and good luck in the future. The horse sure fit the conditions.
What conditions do you speak of? 3 YO colt/gelding, sired by, paid in.  Are there other conditions the rest of us are not aware of?  Please enlighten us.
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 06:34:17 AM »

Campbell is no doubt the most cerebral driver ever.....That is one of the main reasons he has been successful for 35 years as a catch driver......He almost always had his horse in the right spot to win the big races because he (like Dave Magee) was a student of the game who knew more about the other horses in the race then the people who were driving them.....he knew who to follow, who not to follow, who to let go, who to park.....in today's world of buddy-buddy harness racing drivers are given the lead and given holes based on the design of their colors and the not the quality of their horse.....its a welfare driven game and since there is so much welfare to go around and nobody betting the races....who cares?......give up holes....let bad horses go to make friends and if you screw up there is more welfare to be had in 18 minutes......I think Campbell is as cerebral as ever and of course his skills have diminished because that happens when you get older, your back hurts, your legs hurt......but his main skill was his brain....while he had a great set of hands I don't rate him anywhere near the top of all time in just the hands department that's why I think he has been able to last so long......his main skill was inside his helmet.....not a physical skill which deteriorate much faster

SHOWTIME!!!
J. Mannix

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 11:55:41 AM »

O
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2012, 11:59:02 AM »

HARNESS,,,, BEST POST IN A LONG TIME
Pages: [1]   Go Up