Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 20, 2014, 01:29:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When will the excessive whipping stop?  (Read 2343 times)
Rock Chick

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2012, 11:54:32 AM »

I don't think so- thats why people get caught. It was race 8 I was talking about not 6. He was ok in race 6 which is unusal for him. Here is race 8 the violet. You decide at the end of the race. http://replays.robertsstream.com/racereplays/playf_llnw.php?customer=Maywood&t=1349545584&h=9d059436d5cb8879593eb80724bc0896&url=201210052248MAN8
Report to moderator   Logged
Rock Chick

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 12:00:58 PM »

Purple Lavern is the one that said it was race 6... not me.
danny patch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2012, 12:27:23 PM »

Pictures worth a thouasand words......exactly why drivers need a whip,one reason is to win the race the other is to make  them pay attention when they have a headpole dangling from there race halter,horse looked a little stupid in the winners circle?
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2012, 12:51:59 PM »

Purple Lavern is the one that said it was race 6... not me.

I was talking about race 6

Watch both races then comment..

Again, I was bringing to attention that everyone was on Casey Leonard for not whipping so hard to have it both ways.

I totally respect harness seer Ira but you can't tell me Bob wasnt striking the horse in race 6
IRA

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2012, 01:38:50 PM »

NOW THE STEAM IS COMING OUT OF MY EARS . HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE WHAT HAPPENED??? IN RACE 8, THE HEAD POLE COMES OFF IN THE FIRST TURN. THE HORSES IS TURNING ITS HEAD AND PACING GOOFY THE WHOLE MILE. BOBBY KNOWS THE HORSES POLE IS HANGING. HE IS TRYING TO KEEP THE HORSE STRAIGHT WHILE FIGHTING OFF DEAN MAGEE. WITH THE HORSES ALMOST OUT OF CONTROL .HE KEEPS TAPING THE HORSE DOWN THE STRETCH TO MAKE IT PACE STRAIGHT. SOMEHOW HE HOLDS OFF OOSTING.  A GREAT EFFORT BY HORSES AND DRIVER. AS A FORMER DRIVER I CAN TELL YOU THAT WHEN THAT BURR CAME OFF ON THE HALF MILE TRACK ITS A BIG DEAL.  BUT YOU COME ON HERE AND KNOCK THE GUY.   ITS TRUE WHAT EVERYBODY TELLS ME, THAT PEOPLE ON HERE DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT RACING.  A TOTAL WASTE OF MY TIME . IM DONE COMING ON HERE . MY ALL YOUR BETS BE WINNING ONES ------GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!        GOODBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
danny patch

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2012, 01:54:45 PM »

NOW THE STEAM IS COMING OUT OF MY EARS . HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE WHAT HAPPENED??? IN RACE 8, THE HEAD POLE COMES OFF IN THE FIRST TURN. THE HORSES IS TURNING ITS HEAD AND PACING GOOFY THE WHOLE MILE. BOBBY KNOWS THE HORSES POLE IS HANGING. HE IS TRYING TO KEEP THE HORSE STRAIGHT WHILE FIGHTING OFF DEAN MAGEE. WITH THE HORSES ALMOST OUT OF CONTROL .HE KEEPS TAPING THE HORSE DOWN THE STRETCH TO MAKE IT PACE STRAIGHT. SOMEHOW HE HOLDS OFF OOSTING.  A GREAT EFFORT BY HORSES AND DRIVER. AS A FORMER DRIVER I CAN TELL YOU THAT WHEN THAT BURR CAME OFF ON THE HALF MILE TRACK ITS A BIG DEAL.  BUT YOU COME ON HERE AND KNOCK THE GUY.   ITS TRUE WHAT EVERYBODY TELLS ME, THAT PEOPLE ON HERE DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT RACING.  A TOTAL WASTE OF MY TIME . IM DONE COMING ON HERE . MY ALL YOUR BETS BE WINNING ONES ------GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!        GOODBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If your as good as your last race,your leaving as a winner.Your post is spot on  trophy
Rock Chick

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2012, 02:50:39 PM »

This is why I DON'T EVER mention names on here! I get slammed for not naming name's and I get slammed if I do- I understand where Ira is defending but I'm sorry Smolin is whip crazy like Roberts and Sutton- and thats why they are not the leading drivers!!!! Let's just WHIP away so we can push a horse to no end and let's keep whippin them when their all out!!! This make's me blow smoke!! Well I can tell that patch is a whipper and this is exactly why we need to try to get rid of the WHIPS! Sorry for speaking my mind here- everyone else does why can't I ? head shake
Rollinsmolin

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2012, 03:49:11 PM »

You named me in your posts I am chosen to drive horses like I do yes I'm aggressive I do as the trainer or owner asks .. Fine them not me.. I don't drive cadillacs and when I do I barely use the whip I respect your opinion and never did get to say sorry for the loss of your father. And sorry that my driving upsets you but the pressure I'm under I have mouths to feed bills to pay and if I don't drive how they ask or do good I lose my job which means no money starving children and another Illinois person on welfare sometimes it's not
Pretty the way I drive especially on lost one if you don't use extreme
Whipping and urging he will not try .. well I've said all I can and can careless who blasts me or try's to change around my words. Have a great day posters

loved by many hated by most rollinsmolin aka bobby
Steve G

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2012, 04:59:49 PM »

i watched the video of race 8, and no matter if the headpole fell off or not, i wouldnt consider that over whipping. i know i have seen far worse for sure.
Ruffie Guru

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2012, 06:44:10 PM »

You're making too much sense , stop or it will confuse them

Not trying to start a fight, but everyone came down on Casey Leonard last week for not going to the whip & getting caught at the wire...

I am not in favor of excessive whipping but you do want the driver to get the best out of the horse.

Watch Smolin in race 6 at Maywood-  some people would probably call that excessive whipping....Some people would say great job Bobby

Tough call

fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2012, 01:31:16 AM »

You named me in your posts I am chosen to drive horses like I do yes I'm aggressive I do as the trainer or owner asks .. Fine them not me.. I don't drive cadillacs and when I do I barely use the whip I respect your opinion and never did get to say sorry for the loss of your father. And sorry that my driving upsets you but the pressure I'm under I have mouths to feed bills to pay and if I don't drive how they ask or do good I lose my job which means no money starving children and another Illinois person on welfare sometimes it's not
Pretty the way I drive especially on lost one if you don't use extreme
Whipping and urging he will not try .. well I've said all I can and can careless who blasts me or try's to change around my words. Have a great day posters

i understand about mouths to feed and that position but if you are not driving Cadillacs what does that say about you as a driver?

Your not that good to drive a Cadillac?

So you only drive for goat ropers that are impersonating trainers?
The owners who only want a butcher setting the horse up for slaughter.
I'm happy you are able to feed your family and not on the Illinois Welfare program this year because of your willingness to follow the orders of folks that are not looking at your future long term.

Or maybe  they have a college fund set aside for your children long term when this industry folds up like a piece of paper and excellent retirement benefits for you ?

Because what your trainers and  owners are requiring of you is no different than the  new magical hall of fame trainers with their frog snarp and cancer medications they use to destroy horses that are  our industry.

WE cant bring fans out when we are not producing a good and valuable product.

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Ruffie Guru

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2012, 06:11:33 AM »

fuzzy ,

you are way out of line and way off base on this one

Bobby drives for Robert Phillips (leading trainer last year at Balmoral) and has driven for John Barnard , both of whom have Al's Hammered and St Elmo Hero respectively so before you go belittling someone publicly that actually makes a living driving you better check your facts first , just sayin'
danny patch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2012, 09:14:59 AM »

i watched the video of race 8, and no matter if the headpole fell off or not, i wouldnt consider that over whipping. i know i have seen far worse for sure.
no matter if the headpole fell off or not..........are you flippin goofy or what?I know you have never driven but you should experience what it like to have a horse on the front end with a pole swinging in the wind to spook your horse.Just watch the replay all the way thru, watch the response of the horse when the guy that removed the headpole in the winners circle lifts the pole to the horses nose.......the horse lunges at him,what if this happened at the top of the stretch......no i'll answer my own question,you all would say the driver deserves it for the abusive whipping.I'm not commenting on any other race than r8 that is posted.As far as me being a "WHIPPER" maybe I am,because in my eye all that guy was dong was some wrist action pattywacking to keep his horse in line.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2012, 09:17:19 AM »

fuzzy ,

you are way out of line and way off base on this one

Bobby drives for Robert Phillips (leading trainer last year at Balmoral) and has driven for John Barnard , both of whom have Al's Hammered and St Elmo Hero respectively so before you go belittling someone publicly that actually makes a living driving you better check your facts first , just sayin'

Maybe so guru but was it his post I was responding too?

How is that be littleing?

His post said fine owners and trainers!
My post gave my opinion of we're they industry is headed with that attitude?
So because people are leading trainers and drivers and ask there drive to carve out a horse to win that doesn't hurt the industry?
It does guru it does !
People don't want to see it any more they think it's cruel and it is and it's there perception that matters! It's us showing the world we show nothing for the animals well being!
My point as harsh as it may seem is we are not doing enough to change the course of the sinking ship headed for a iceberg in this business!
No secret Guru I hate them damn whips!
I look at grandstand filled to the tenth power that's the first thing I see filled grandstand what's the second thing I don't see? WHIPs!
So my eyes are lien to me?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 09:30:19 AM by fuzzypants » Report to moderator   Logged

J. Mannix

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2012, 12:13:21 PM »

O
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 10:53:28 AM by J. Mannix » Report to moderator   Logged
J. Mannix

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2012, 12:22:57 PM »

O
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 10:52:20 AM by J. Mannix » Report to moderator   Logged
Rollinsmolin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2012, 12:27:03 PM »

I agree was a stupid drive and I did ask more then what he had .. Was in the heat of the moment got a little carried away

loved by many hated by most rollinsmolin aka bobby
J. Mannix

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2012, 12:32:46 PM »

O
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 10:51:17 AM by J. Mannix » Report to moderator   Logged
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2012, 09:04:04 PM »

I agree was a stupid drive and I did ask more then what he had .. Was in the heat of the moment got a little carried away

Takes a real man to come forth and admit what he did and we all understand how that moment drivers get carried away.

I wasnt trying to belittle you one bit I only hope and pray you understand the two edge sword you are riding on and the  posistion you are being put in, by a trainer or owner demanding that from you.
I know most owners donot take a hard stand and could give two toots about the horse .They take the money and run and when he cant go know more Amish him.

I do hope you understand I dont blame you for their thoughtless and greed . But I do wish you would think about how we are viewed by the fans and public.

Like I said look at European racing the stands are filled you cant help but notice it, its vibrant and take another look the next thing you dont see is "whips".

If I am to hard and belittleing well,  I'm quite positive that horse feels belittled and treated very harshly. Its not about our egos and dollars. Its about the horse that earns us the dollar and egos.We must treat horses better . We have too! The public must see how much we apreciate horses, so they can apreciate horses with us.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: