Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 21, 2014, 07:34:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When will the excessive whipping stop?  (Read 2352 times)
Grandstand Goof

Ignore
« on: October 05, 2012, 05:06:21 PM »

Every week I read basically the same drivers getting fined for excessive whipping. This week it's a $100 then $200. I think if the judges just gave driving days you will see it slow down a bit. Money is not doing it. But take away drives and you'll see some progress. How about 10 driving days for excessive whipping?

How many violations do you have to acquire before somethings done?

Basically a fine is just a slap on the wrist for a driver making thousands a week. Unless you hit them real deep in the pockets..
Report to moderator   Logged
Rock Chick

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 05:43:41 PM »

I was on here last week complaining about the same thing  It's never going to change. Why would taking drive's away do anything? There are a lot of driver's -trainer's who have been booted out of tracks for juicing but they always let them come back.....seems like no.matter what they do they get away with it......doesn't matter what you do to them!!
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 05:46:01 PM »

I was on here last week complaining about the same thing  It's never going to change. Why would taking drive's away do anything? There are a lot of driver's -trainer's who have been booted out of tracks for juicing but they always let them come back.....seems like no.matter what they do they get away with it......doesn't matter what you do to them!!

Should be 3 days, one week, 30 days, one year, banned for life on the whipping.

That is 5 strikes.   If a guy can't learn after that we dont need him.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 05:53:51 PM »

I absolutely hate whips only a fricking andrathol uses them !

Why is it in Europe they don't drive with whips?
They have thousand in the stand

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Rock Chick

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 06:29:11 PM »

Good question Fuzzy!!
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 08:06:53 PM »

Q.  What do you call a French turf rider who's too handy with the whip?

A.  The Marquis de Sod.

Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided   That was horrid, I admit it. 
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 08:16:42 PM »

Not trying to start a fight, but everyone came down on Casey Leonard last week for not going to the whip & getting caught at the wire...

I am not in favor of excessive whipping but you do want the driver to get the best out of the horse.

Watch Smolin in race 6 at Maywood-  some people would probably call that excessive whipping....Some people would say great job Bobby

Tough call
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 08:19:12 PM »

Not trying to start a fight, but everyone came down on Casey Leonard last week for not going to the whip & getting caught at the wire...

I am not in favor of excessive whipping but you do want the driver to get the best out of the horse.

Watch Smolin in race 6 at Maywood-  some people would probably call that excessive whipping....Some people would say great job Bobby

Tough call

Didnt see the race tonight at maywood.
But there is whipping and then there is WHIPPING.
When one is going forward and a guy is urging some I say OK.
When one is going backwards and one is being beat like a pinata at a 13 year old mexican birthday party we got PROBLEMS!!!
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 08:23:08 PM »

Didnt see the race tonight at maywood.
But there is whipping and then there is WHIPPING.
When one is going forward and a guy is urging some I say OK.
When one is going backwards and one is being beat like a pinata at a 13 year old mexican birthday party we got PROBLEMS!!!

Totally agree JJ.......

When the horse is done no need to abuse the animal....

I would like to hear your opinion on Smolin tonight race 6----that seemed like some major strikes..
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 08:31:11 PM »

Watch Smolin in race 6 at Maywood-  some people would probably call that excessive whipping....Some people would say great job Bobby

Tough call

How much is his drive fee?

I know a driver out here who hates using them and when some one gave him shit about it he told them this "I dont need twenty damn dollars that bad" I love the man despite the crap people say.
If it takes a whip to get the best out of a horse than the trainer the driver aint worth  goat chit!

One other thing I would like to praise some one out here.

We have a member of our California Horse Racing Board who hates whips and is a champion for horses. That person is no none sense when it comes to whips.
I think you all know who the hell she is and its really to bad the rest of the States and Racing boards dont have a champion like her.
Very high profile personality and just a damn nice lady.
Now if you had some like that in your State and racing board wouldnt take very damn many emails for some chickn chit no talent hoaning pos to find his azz in her cross hairs.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:39:38 PM by fuzzypants » Report to moderator   Logged

ThePaceMaker

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 08:50:05 PM »

Hate to semi de-rail, but, do you think whipping rules are crucial to harness racing popularity? I personally don't, and I love animals n hate the slightest bit of abuse (even leaving a dog out on a hot day for too long, animal shit pisses me off big time) but don't see it as something that chases too many fans away.. Still think whipping needs stiffer penalties.

Ok just had a *** genius moment, didn't wanna delete previous question because I'm curious to hear answer

BUT I have a solution!

Take chronic abusers and give them a taste of their own *** medicine! If guilty, SMACK! Failure to take the required lashing= significant days, like 6 months.. One lashing per each violation accrued in previous yr.. I think some of these guys would think more in depth after being on the receiving end of a whip
IRA

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 09:18:35 PM »

do you want the driver to sit there so you can say he stiffed, or do you want him to drive to the wire. do you not know these guy are hitting the shaft and popping the saddle pad . you guys dont know what you want head shake
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 09:28:16 PM »

"harness racing popularity"

You've had some good lines tonight, TPM.  But that's the best one of all.   
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 09:42:02 PM »

do you want the driver to sit there so you can say he stiffed, or do you want him to drive to the wire. do you not know these guy are hitting the shaft and popping the saddle pad . you guys dont know what you want head shake

Well I R A maybe you guys dont know!
But this WOMEN does know what she wants and what she doesnt want. Now at 61 years of age if I dont know what I want Im not worth the charmin to wipe your kooter.
You damn right I know the damn difference. As any responsible owner would and I dont give a ratz azz if its a two claimer of open horse its bull chit. I dont hire people to ABUSE my horse I hire them to train or drive. If they cant doit fine Ill fine some one else because honestly their arent very few reinsmen left in this buisness and looks like to me that is just what the hell the Europeans have all over us.
As far as trainers thats a bunch of bull two with out a chemistry set they are allmost all goat ropers. You know and I know it and thats in every damn breed. The owners arent much better most of them should take up catfish farms they got their damn heads burried so far in the mud id take ol faithful to blow their azz out.

By the way when my horse comes back cut open do you think that common peace of chit was hitten the saddle pad or the rails and the whip broke and cut the horse.  well I dont give a chit how it happens at that point I dont give a chit if the driver or trainer tries to tell me god in heaven came down and threw a lighten bolt on his azz and thats why we are getting are picture taken I dont care the picture aint worth it to me yes I know what the hell I want.

NO MORE UNGODLY DAMN WHIPS
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:08:32 PM by fuzzypants » Report to moderator   Logged

IRA

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 10:59:45 PM »

well , I  understand and when my horses came back with cuts and welts i was pissed. but I want my horses urged to the wire. NOT CUT OPEN OR ABUSED !!  you have every right to feel the way you do.like you said others dont care. people will use ANYTHING on a horse to win ,and thats sad.  fuzzy , you know what drivers to use. thumbs up
Rock Chick

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 08:55:59 AM »

WELL SAID FUZZY!! I saw the 6th race at Maywood-  Watch it and tell me if Smolin is hitting the sulky or saddle pad- it just grinds my ass to see!!!!!
danny patch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 10:46:20 AM »

Back in the day you could rap a rawhide whip around a wooden shaft to make a firecracker like sound,without hurting the horse one bit.I believe it's one thing to scare them but totally unexceptable to hurt them!
IRA

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 10:52:39 AM »

HE IS HITTING THE SHAFT AND YELLING!!    TRYING TO WIN!!    WTF!!     THIS IS A WASTE OF MY TIME . GO BET HITEMAN !  I GIVE UP! bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head
IRA

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 10:59:41 AM »

JUST WATCHED AGAIN , HE IS HITTING THE SHAFT AND WHEEL DISK -----NOT THE HORSE!!!! head shake
Rock Chick

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2012, 11:08:18 AM »

Whatever IRA your going to say that!! He is whipping the horse short one's tho not like his usual uncontrollable whipping!!!
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 11:09:59 AM »

and I only thought reading was a skill, looks as if watching a video closely escapes those who have already predetermined what they will be watching...Of course, I ASS UMED THEY WATCHED.  head shake head shake head shake head shake NOT.
Does not often happen but I agree with the tribesman, Ira.  thumbs up thumbs up
Rock Chick

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2012, 11:24:03 AM »

Oh ok - I can see thank you.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2012, 11:27:13 AM »

Oh ok - I can see thank you.
  If you are so damn confident in your visual observations...Post the video and let others decide. I will go with the majority on it..Will you ?
Rock Chick

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2012, 11:42:18 AM »

Ok I will! Why are people on here saying the same thing then- because u are right and we are all wrong??? If you are so confident in what you see then why do other's see it differently?
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2012, 11:45:38 AM »

Ok I will! Why are people on here saying the same thing then- because u are right and we are all wrong??? If you are so confident in what you see then why do other's see it differently?
People have preconcieved notions...Did you know that witness IDs of crimes/perpetrator per studies are woefully inaccurate ?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: