Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 22, 2014, 10:46:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two year olds on Lasix  (Read 2442 times)
king151

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2012, 01:18:35 PM »

If Erv wants to race his 2 yr olds on lasix thats up to him and his owners.  He usually never over races his stock..

Jd  , your missing my  point to this , I dont think  it should EVER be legal to race a 2yo on lasix . I just  happened  to see  Erv had on racing on lasix.
Report to moderator   Logged
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2012, 01:19:34 PM »

Oh dont be a baby JJ, you and Cpw have bashed  me for my opinion on Campbell and Mcdonald enough. This was a thread  that was not meant  to bash you in as much as give you  something to rant about that made sense . As opposed to bashing Schnitker for MANAGING  his horse .

SNITTIKER IS A WUSSY WITH A (p), MANAGING MY ASS.

Blue Chip55

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2012, 01:20:51 PM »

I knew you would show up if someone was attacking JJ. You never fail me Cpw. right on cue , stage right Cpw  enters  to a dim lighted house to protect his partner in crime . LIGHTS , CAMERA , ACTION !!!!

People get attacked for no eason as you generally do---if its JJ, Yimmy, Ex Man  or the other good members here, yes I'll defend them all day long. You have no clue who they are . I do. These are the best people you can ever meet. I'll never sit here and watch nonsense directed at them without expressing my views. Sorry.
Not that they need me. But you are one of numerous agitators here---a miserable quality in any person. But have fun. Its laughable
Blue Chip55

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2012, 01:22:33 PM »

Jd  , your missing my  point to this , I dont think  it should EVER be legal to race a 2yo on lasix . I just  happened  to see  Erv had on racing on lasix.

Stop already. You look like a fool. I think its safe to say Erv Miller knows just a bit more about training than you. Just a bit
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2012, 01:24:32 PM »

Stop already. You look like a fool. I think its safe to say Erv Miller knows just a bit more about training than you. Just a bit

ERV IS A HEAD CRACKER, KING151 MIGHT BE IN TROUBLE.
king151

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2012, 01:26:42 PM »

. S
And I would think John Campbell knows just a bit more than you do about driving a horse  , just  a bit . As does  Schnitker know a BIT more about training HIS HORSE, than JJ . Just  a bit . AS YOU  SAY.
king151

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2012, 01:28:59 PM »

ERV IS A HEAD CRACKER, KING151 MIGHT BE IN TROUBLE.

jj , Ray is at goshen just about everyday if  you want to discuss your opinon  on his  MANAGEMENT OF HIS  HORSE .
I have to leave for a little while  , im not avoiding you two guinesses , i  just have to get my daughters from school  .
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2012, 01:30:43 PM »

I'll answer the Thoroughbred question. Lasix is thought to help prevent bleeding, and most states now allow it in that capacity. A horse no longer needs to bleed first.
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2012, 01:31:23 PM »

i think that i know as much as all the others mentioned above and the bottom line is that king thinks its wrong and thatb is ok   i think its ok and thats ok  what i do know is that jj and cpw  talk out of thier south sides quite a bit
Blue Chip55

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2012, 01:31:42 PM »

. S
And I would think John Campbell knows just a bit more than you do about driving a horse  , just  a bit . As does  Schnitker know a BIT more about training HIS HORSE, than JJ . Just  a bit . AS YOU  SAY.

One problem. Skills become diminised----you cant seem to grasp that
Not my problem.
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2012, 01:34:43 PM »

i think that i know as much as all the others mentioned above and the bottom line is that king thinks its wrong and thatb is ok   i think its ok and thats ok  what i do know is that jj and cpw  talk out of thier south sides quite a bit

YOU WERE THROWN OUT OF MONTICELLO.
SHUT YOUR TRAP.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2012, 01:36:22 PM »

Now wait just a damn minute ! Back this up thread up.
Number one and for most Lasix is preventive medication.
You don't wait for the gosh damn thing to bleed then start giving it!
Why would a two year ole tbred be any different than a standard bred!
Damn King ! Never knew u to be so upset?

Even a 3 year ol Arab gets it!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:14:07 PM by fuzzypants » Report to moderator   Logged

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2012, 02:02:37 PM »

as bad as it may seem almost all horses race better on lasix..and as i said before   you just have to put back in what u take out
jdizigg

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2012, 02:06:22 PM »

as bad as it may seem almost all horses race better on lasix..and as i said before   you just have to put back in what u take out

2nd time lasix for harness is best.
THE REAL TRUTH

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2012, 02:12:23 PM »

Lets get some facts straight.
1) ALL horses including 2yo's bleed to varying degrees.
2) Lasix does NOT prevent bleeding--it only reduces it.
3) Since bleeding episodes cause lung scarring and the effects worsen over time-the LESS you can make horses bleed-the BETTER it is for the WELFARE of the horse-and its longevity for racing.

In other words--giving horses Lasix including 2yo's is to IMPROVE the welfare of the racehorse.

My only argument against Lasix would be in Group 1 races or BREEDERS CROWN Type races--since these horses especially colts--are to be used for breeding and there is some evidence that breeding to a horse that was a bad bleeder is inherited.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/63571/study-eiph-is-an-inherited-trait

Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2012, 02:14:23 PM »

This is nothing.

I've heard that some trainers will actually go so far as to administer dihydrogen monoxide to their horses.

ALL horses will test positive for it, too. 
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2012, 02:14:54 PM »

3) Since bleeding episodes cause lung scarring and the effects worsen over time-the LESS you can make horses bleed-the BETTER it is for the WELFARE of the horse-and its longevity for racing.

In other words--giving horses Lasix including 2yo's is to IMPROVE the welfare of the racehorse.

My only argument against Lasix would be in Group 1 races or BREEDERS CROWN Type races--since these horses especially colts--are to be used for breeding and there is some evidence that breeding to a horse that was a bad bleeder is inherited.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/63571/study-eiph-is-an-inherited-trait

TY.   AND I LIKE YOUR NAME!!!
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2012, 02:26:33 PM »

I'll answer the Thoroughbred question. Lasix is thought to help prevent bleeding, and most states now allow it in that capacity. A horse no longer needs to bleed first.

Thanks! I appreciate your response.
Maybe I am not asking my question clearly, I know I had several. Why do young horses AUTOMATICALLY get lasix? It seems trainers just give lasix to a horse because they CAN do it?  I just thought any horse should be given the chance to race without lasix, if they bleed then give them lasix...no?
TheRedMile

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2012, 02:27:33 PM »

if the rest of the tbred world can do fine without lasix so can the u.s.
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2012, 02:33:31 PM »

many horse should be injected with dihydrogen monoxide.....it goes good with grass
king151

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2012, 03:14:08 PM »

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/70530/ky-approves-race-day-salix-ban-battle-looms

Their are many that believe it should be banned altogether .
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2012, 03:48:08 PM »

The rest of the world may not use Lasix on race day, but they are allowed to train on it.

The reason for giving it before any bleeding is as mentioned above, to reduce any potential lung scarring.

Bleeding isn't a yes/no thing, there are degrees. While there are inherited tendencies, it can also be caused by stress (injury, etc). There is both chronic and acute, however enough acute episodes can become chronic.

All horses do not react the same way to Lasix. There are also different dosages, not all horses receive the maximum.
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2012, 04:00:17 PM »

a study was done years ago on the runners on the west coast   something like 1000  were scoped shortly after racing and i want to say that 92% showed some blood in the respitory system...so in theory almost all hoses bleed to some extent
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2012, 04:15:00 PM »

Ghostzapper raced on it from day one, and it doesn't seem to have hurt him.  Top sire as I type these words.

In fact, he was apparently also on Bute in his first start.
king151

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2012, 06:24:42 PM »

SHUT UP.

Great comebv?ack JJ, isnt that what you told me to do ? Tell Erv?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: