Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 17, 2014, 06:42:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ot / romney kicked ass  (Read 4945 times)
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2012, 09:55:15 PM »

I think you have manfully attacked an utter straw man, but, whatever, it's all good.

I mean... "sure winner?"  Come on... Obama's still ahead in Ohio in Florida.
Report to moderator   Logged
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2012, 11:58:45 PM »

I think you have manfully attacked an utter straw man, but, whatever, it's all good.

I mean... "sure winner?"  Come on... Obama's still ahead in Ohio in Florida.

The way people are talking you would think its 'OVA'.

*insert throat slash gesture*
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2012, 07:14:12 AM »

The way people are talking you would think its 'OVA'.

*insert throat slash gesture*

Wha?
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2012, 09:56:00 AM »

Hopefully it will be a horse race...
Love Al Gore...."It was the high altitiude that caused Obama to have a bad performance."
 bang head bang head bang head
Humpy

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2012, 11:15:59 AM »

You Chicago Democrats who elected Obama are the same ones who elected QUINN. It's time for both Obama and Quinn to take a hike!
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: October 06, 2012, 11:23:18 AM »

You Chicago Democrats who elected Obama are the same ones who elected QUINN. It's time for both Obama and Quinn to take a hike!

Actually, the Republican party, by nominating far right wingnuts to run against both of these, elected them. Try nominating some actual moderates that might appeal to a broader range of Americans and Illinoisans for a change. (Though I do realize that even "moderate" has become a dirty word in the R party these days.)

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Hardline

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2012, 08:35:32 AM »

Republican vote is why we are in the mess we are in screwy head shake bang head

Fast talkers that will bury your ass..
Humpy

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2012, 07:15:17 AM »

Hopefully it will be a horse race...
Love Al Gore...."It was the high altitiude that caused Obama to have a bad performance."
 bang head bang head bang head

I've seen people higher than that in the track kitchen at Balmoral and Maywood!
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2012, 01:01:14 PM »

Actually, the Republican party, by nominating far right wingnuts to run against both of these, elected them. Try nominating some actual moderates that might appeal to a broader range of Americans and Illinoisans for a change. (Though I do realize that even "moderate" has become a dirty word in the R party these days.)

Obama and Quinn are middle of the road?  Does 47% sound familiar to you?
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2012, 03:20:22 PM »

Obama and Quinn are middle of the road?

Apparently more than the right wingnuts the Republicans have elected, because the wingnuts lost and these guys won.

Does 47% sound familiar to you?

Yes. It's a fairy tale Romney recently told, which he himself has now disavowed.

Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2012, 09:06:28 AM »

Apparently more than the right wingnuts the Republicans have elected, because the wingnuts lost and these guys won.

Yes. It's a fairy tale Romney recently told, which he himself has now disavowed.

It's not a fairy tale at all, he backed off the be PC which is why he should not be president, not strong enough.

So again, Quinn and Obama are middle of the road?  I guess to an uber-liberal olike you they are, there's my answer.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2012, 10:29:19 AM »

It's not a fairy tale at all

Yes, it is too a fairy tale. The ~47% of people who do not pay incomes taxes are not all government dependents, and do not all support Obama. That's crapola that Romney simply made up. Well, probably not Romney but more likely some right wing hate-monger talking media heads.

First of all, it was your Neocon hero GW Bush who created so many more non-payers than we used to have, thanks to those tax cuts righties now defend with your their very lives. If extending the tax cuts is okay for you, is it not also okay for them?

Secondly, although these people do not pay income tax, 61% of them are working and paying other taxes such as the payroll taxes for social security and medicare, which account for 40% of Federal revenue, not to mention all the other taxes they pay to states and municipalities. Another 22% are the elderly. Only 17% are what you would no doubt characterize as lazy "takers" - the unemployed, the disabled, etc. So the whole story that they're not contributing but only taking government handouts is pure BS.

Thirdly, did you know that the absolute worst non-income-tax-paying states were "red" states? That's right, the worst of the worst non-payers are from the deep south ... and your truly believe all these people support Obama?  screwy

http://swampland.time.com/2012/09/18/five-charts-illustrating-the-problem-with-romneys-47-remarks/

he backed off the be PC which is why he should not be president, not strong enough.

He shouldn't be President because he never met a position he wouldn't change the very next day. He's not to be trusted, by anyone, and he has no actual principles. He has no idea what he would do the day after he took office, because he's a bored rich guy running to be President trying to accomplish something daddy couldn't and stroke his own ego by proving, "Look at me! I made it!". (Think back to his debate claim that he's running for office because the country is going the wrong way under Obama ... and so what was your excuse in the last election, Mitt? He's just running for office to be running for office.) The last guy we had in that office to one-up daddy turned out to be an absolute disaster.

So again, Quinn and Obama are middle of the road?  I guess to an uber-liberal olike you they are, there's my answer.

a) I am not "ultra-liberal", I am a centrist. You are the demonstrated ideological extremist, on the ultra-reactionary right side.
b) Apparently Quinn and Obama struck the electorate as whole, not just me, as "more" middle of the road and less radically offensive than the wingnuts the R's nominated, because they got elected and the wingnuts didn't. So there's your answer. The proof is in the pudding.

jdizigg

« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2012, 03:39:34 PM »

Is clanker terry erasing posts he doesnt agree with???  Looks like there were some posts erased that had nothing wrong with them??
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2012, 04:20:33 PM »

I deleted personal attacks. I've allowed this thread so far, but have been watching to make sure it stays civil.
Sallyjo

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2012, 08:06:40 AM »

Thank you jrstark!

Yes Romney Ruled the first debate, next one coming up! Biden is a boob, no laughing matter!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: