Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 01:12:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ot / romney kicked ass  (Read 6987 times)
Vegas

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2012, 06:26:53 AM »

Looking for Ryan to have a field day against Biden~~
Report to moderator   Logged

I trust no one, not even myself~~
Pulledtherugout

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2012, 06:30:24 AM »

Looking for Ryan to have a field day against Biden~~

screwy screwy screwy screwy   Talk is cheap. They all suck.  Slopka could win this election with the 2 worst candidates in history running. laughing guy  A Deviled Egg in every pot
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2012, 06:32:26 AM »

He TRIED to sell it. Obama made the very good point that only a small % of Medicare goes to overhead, while higher admin overhead plus profits consume a much larger % of the private health care dollar.

And the claim about Obamacare causing providers to avoid Medicare patients was also a bit bogus, because they were already doing that BEFORE Obamacare.

And speaking of bogus claims ... weren't Massachussetts schools already #1 long before Mitt Romney came to town?

Mass schools were great, i know someone who lives there and knows the state very well, the schools were #1 and Romney shouldnt take any credit.
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2012, 06:33:35 AM »

What's "more hip"?

The moderator interrupted the candidates because they exceeded time limits, and because he wanted to drill down on points of contention.

Which "more hip" moderator would have done that better? What does "hip" have to do with moderating a debate in which  both guys will try to game the moderator?

I dont know who's more hip, that's for you guys do decide. As far as exceeding the time limits, i dont really care, i want to hear what they have to say without them being interrupted.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2012, 07:31:29 AM »

So...who is the more slick debater:

* "Slick Willie" Bill Clinton? or,

* "Swift" Mitt Romney?

Discuss.
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2012, 08:15:30 AM »

So...who is the more slick debater:

* "Slick Willie" Bill Clinton? or,

* "Swift" Mitt Romney?

Discuss.

HV on the harness side! Welcome pal!  Cheesy trophy beer

You raise a good question. People need not confuse a Master debater with a person who will actually be a great president behind the scenes.

If Romney played a one on one basketball game with Obama, he would get destroyed, but Obama being a better basketball player has nothing to do with politics just like being the 'better talker' has anything to do with who will be a great president and who will not.

Gotta keep it seperate.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2012, 08:20:11 AM »

HV on the harness side! Welcome pal!  Cheesy trophy beer

You raise a good question. People need not confuse a Master debater with a person who will actually be a great president behind the scenes.

If Romney played a one on one basketball game with Obama, he would get destroyed, but Obama being a better basketball player has nothing to do with politics just like being the 'better talker' has anything to do with who will be a great president and who will not.

Gotta keep it seperate.
Seems to have been the basis for the VICTORY OF 2008.
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2012, 09:04:27 AM »

For sure....I watched and cant for the life of me understand how either "won"? Neither man said ONE DAMN THING we havent already heard. I just dont get it. The electorate is split and people will believe what they do, but I just cant believe in any way shape or form either man "won". I am curious to hear the "hard numbers" as it were to mitt's amazing plan to cut taxes, raise defense spending and somehow cut the deficit. That's bold. Im not real good at math but id like to see those spread sheets.

You can't, but the rest of America sure did.  How can anyone watch this stuff?  Meaningful October baseball was on!!
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2012, 09:10:15 AM »

I endorse the "other" team from Mass........Alexander Reznikov and Olga Nowak.  Now that they have set Suffolk straight they invade Laurel!!!
Yonkers1

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2012, 09:11:48 AM »

Instead of voting against Obama in November I will be voting for Romney.

This is huge and a game changer.
Most one sided debate Ive watched.

Maybe some hope for  flag

But remember I have a 200$ bet against Clifton and I have Obama.

And Clifton is the biggest cooler going.

Amen brother, God Bless America and no one else.  Clifton is ok he is a Mets fan

TheRedMile

« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2012, 09:13:29 AM »

Someone who didnt interrupt the candidates when they were talking, someone younger and more hip who speaks well.

if the moderator does not interupt them the pols will never shut up let alone stay on point
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2012, 10:25:59 AM »

Seems to have been the basis for the VICTORY OF 2008.

What, Obama's basketball skills?

Of course he would destroy McCain, Romney, et. al. -- everyone knows Repugs can't go to their left.

3 wide and wingin

« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2012, 10:36:20 AM »

Amen brother, God Bless America and no one else.  Clifton is ok he is a Mets fan

Thanks for getting with the program and calling out the less than desirable.

beer beer beer

You may be a winner yet. But I am suspicious.
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2012, 11:19:14 AM »

What, Obama's basketball skills?

Of course he would destroy McCain, Romney, et. al. -- everyone knows Repugs can't go to their left.

Just as bad as a Democrat trying to go right.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2012, 12:18:34 PM »

Of course he's good in hoops... ever see him in the same room as Tayshaun Prince?

honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2012, 12:27:20 PM »

Of course he's good in hoops... ever see him in the same room as Tayshaun Prince?

And of course Romney is bad ... anyone ever see him in the same room as the immortal Jack Haley of the world champion Chicago Bulls?

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2012, 12:54:02 PM »

Rumor has it that Romney may be of at least nominal Caucasian extraction... several of our presidents have been.  John Tyler himself had a touch of the old whitewash, and it's claimed by several historians that Zachary Taylor may have had a white grandfather.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2012, 12:54:39 PM »

And of course Romney is bad ... anyone ever see him in the same room as the immortal Jack Haley of the world champion Chicago Bulls?

good one HBT..Jack Haley was a sledge.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2012, 01:02:33 PM »

Wait, you're the one that defends the likes of John and Duke Johnston, Phil Langley, and Angie Affrunti and say that you can find good in anyone but say something like that?   Pretty amazing.  

That's because Obama isn't "monitoring" his posts like someone we all know and hate.
nextbonus

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2012, 11:13:28 AM »

My first, last and only political comment on BTW. Obama is going to need every bit of help the liberal media can give him the rest of the way.

Romney opened a lot of eyes last night. He proved to be light years sharper than the liberal a$$holes expected. Before the debate, Jimmy Fallon made a joke that there was possibly going to be an earthquake in Colorado soon. And that Romney was praying "please let it be during the debate." Well, Mitt didn't need any help. Squashed Obama big time. May not be enough to turn the tide. But I hope so.

I can sort of see the logic, 4 yrs ago, in taking a chance on a charismatic dude who talked big about CHANGE. But after 4 years of garbage, what excuse is there now? And since when is the ability to make money such an awful trait?
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2012, 12:22:58 PM »

I think the problem is that most people with a least a bit of cynicism and subtlety already kinda knew that Obama was not the sharpest knife in the drawer.  To them, that underlying message of the debate was just more preaching to the choir. 
king151

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2012, 12:43:22 PM »

Some people forget that  Obama  was thought to be  a great debater in 08  and Romney was not thought of as a great debater during the republican debates . Obama was destroyed and i loved every minute of it .
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2012, 06:34:34 PM »

Some people forget that  Obama  was thought to be  a great debater in 08  and Romney was not thought of as a great debater during the republican debates . Obama was destroyed and i loved every minute of it .

The Obama camp specifically said ahead of the debate they were going to address their remarks to the American people, and not engage in going after Romney. So it came off as Romney the aggressor and Obama just taking it.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2012, 08:55:34 PM »

Of course Romney won the debate.  He's the lawyerer, and Obama's not.

Oops.  My bag.
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2012, 09:52:50 PM »

Sometime before the end of the Month, Obama will get his 'mojo' back and this first debate will all but be forgotten. One of the worst things anyone can do is to overestimate one debate and think that one decent debate holds an incredible amount of water. This was a good start for Romney and the Rom-niacs, but there's a long way to go and a lot can happen between now and Romneys date with the winners circle.

I know, i know, one debate has taken a candidate that was a huge underdog into a 'sure winner' but that's  not how things work unfortunately.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: