Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 22, 2014, 04:25:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ot / romney kicked ass  (Read 7886 times)
Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2012, 12:18:58 AM »

He certainly came off as the more combative of the two, if that means anything. He also looked like a fidgety Jack Russell terrier doing so, and I swear to God during his final statement the same alien or devil was in possession of his eyes that possessed him in a couple of the primary debates. There's just something evil in there.

From a fine details standpoint, and "plans that add up" standpoint, he came off seriously lacking, and Obama exposed that pretty well. There's no way you can flat out promise no cuts to expensive things like Medicaid (not to mention a COLA and 1% on top), plus an increase in military spending, while promising to cut the deficit on the back of cheap little programs like Public Radio, and have any credibility with anyone possessing half a brain.

PBS was a nice touch for the red-meaters who feared their kinda-guy might not show up.

Romney utterly mischaracterized the health care board, which IS a welcome change for taxpayers and is NOT congressionally authorized to throw Gramma off the bus.

Overall, though, I think Romney punched and connected. Better still, my 9-2 shot got me even in the Balmoral nightcap after I'd spent too much time trying to watch the debate.

Report to moderator   Logged
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2012, 12:24:07 AM »

What was with the really old looking moderator? Geez, they couldnt find someone younger and more hip?
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2012, 12:27:46 AM »

PBS was a nice touch for the red-meaters who feared their kinda-guy might not show up.

Romney utterly mischaracterized the health care board, which IS a welcome change for taxpayers and is NOT congressionally authorized to throw Gramma off the bus.

And Obama took him down on it.

Overall, though, I think Romney punched and connected.

He made some non-factual claims that were generally well parried by the President, and a lot of promises that are impossible and contradictory.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2012, 12:29:15 AM »

What was with the really old looking moderator? Geez, they couldnt find someone younger and more hip?

Jim Lehrer (sp?) did a good job. He's an experienced pro in presidential debates. Whom would you prefer?
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2012, 12:30:32 AM »

Jim Lehrer (sp?) did a good job. He's an experienced pro in presidential debates. Whom would you prefer?

Probably Snooki.  Roll Eyes

hungry

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2012, 12:31:17 AM »

Someone who didnt interrupt the candidates when they were talking, someone younger and more hip who speaks well.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2012, 12:35:50 AM »

My guy? Why is Obama my guy?

He is the worst leader ever in the free world.

You seem to support him.

That's great. But it doesn't change reality.
Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2012, 12:39:02 AM »

And Obama took him down on it.

He made some non-factual claims that were generally well parried by the President, and a lot of promises that are impossible and contradictory.

One insane Romney claim was that private health care is always less expensive than government health care. But he sold it, invoking his (paraphrased) "I like being able to fire people" line.

His 10th Amendment reference was arcana for the Tea Partiers. The "Tenthers" are yesterday's news.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2012, 12:45:24 AM »

One insane Romney claim was that private health care is always less expensive than government health care. But he sold it, invoking his (paraphrased) "I like being able to fire people" line.

He TRIED to sell it. Obama made the very good point that only a small % of Medicare goes to overhead, while higher admin overhead plus profits consume a much larger % of the private health care dollar.

And the claim about Obamacare causing providers to avoid Medicare patients was also a bit bogus, because they were already doing that BEFORE Obamacare.

And speaking of bogus claims ... weren't Massachussetts schools already #1 long before Mitt Romney came to town?

3 wide and wingin

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2012, 12:48:40 AM »

He TRIED to sell it. Obama made the very good point that only a small % of Medicare goes to overhead, while higher admin overhead plus profits consume a much larger % of the private health care dollar.

And the claim about Obamacare causing providers to avoid Medicare patients was also a bit bogus, because they were already doing that BEFORE Obamacare.

And speaking of bogus claims ... weren't Massachussetts schools already #1 long before Mitt Romney came to town?

And Obama won?

Its like Chris Mathews and Bill Mahrer dont exist?

Your own people recognize this?

The Obama cant lose rhetoric is something.

You lost.
Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2012, 12:53:25 AM »

Someone who didnt interrupt the candidates when they were talking, someone younger and more hip who speaks well.

What's "more hip"?

The moderator interrupted the candidates because they exceeded time limits, and because he wanted to drill down on points of contention.

Which "more hip" moderator would have done that better? What does "hip" have to do with moderating a debate in which  both guys will try to game the moderator?
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2012, 12:59:47 AM »

He let the other man call out the Dear Leader?

How could he?

He did.
Yet you cry about moderation?

The moderator let the Dear Leader have 4  more minutes of time? But the Dear Leader lost.

Someone had to call out the Dear Leader.
This was inevitable.

The Dear Leader had a bad hand and no teleprompter?

You will have your comback. The Dear Leader will win.
Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2012, 01:05:39 AM »

Yes, my dentist has for many years said his public-assistance patients (the old and the poor) don't pay him dick. Now, that's just dentistry, not full health care.

I think low reimbursement rates are a problem.

But my dentist DOES own a boat on the St. Croix River.

Does this "government trickle-down" term Romney coined have any legs?
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2012, 01:11:06 AM »

Which "more hip" moderator would have done that better? What does "hip" have to do with moderating a debate in which  both guys will try to game the moderator?

And what does "hip" have to do with Presidenting in general? You look at pictures of big money supporters like Sheldon Adelson or George Soros and realize "hip" is the least of their concerns ... and their concerns are whose concerns matters, not ours.

Romney ran all over top of the mods during the primaries, and both he and Obama did their share tonight, too. So what's new. These guys are the President and wannabee Pres., and he's just a 4th estater. At least Lehrer showed some backbone, unlike some of the losers who moderated the Republican debates and cowed to the rants against "the elite media".

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2012, 01:12:24 AM »

Does this "government trickle-down" term Romney coined have any legs?

I wondered about that when I heard it, but I think not. Just trickling down Romney's leg.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2012, 01:18:23 AM »

Actually, if I was Lehrer, next debate I'd announce up front that all questions were submitted by viewers/voters, and as soon as Romney pulls his trademark "Yeah but I want to talk about this instead" move like he's done before and did again tonight, I'd counter "So you're ignoring the wishes of this voter?"

Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2012, 01:26:14 AM »

And what does "hip" have to do with Presidenting in general? You look at pictures of big money supporters like Sheldon Adelson or George Soros and realize "hip" is the least of their concerns ... and their concerns are whose concerns matters, not ours.

Romney ran all over top of the mods during the primaries, and both he and Obama did their share tonight, too. So what's new. These guys are the President and wannabee Pres., and he's just a 4th estater. At least Lehrer showed some backbone, unlike some of the losers who moderated the Republican debates and cowed to the rants against "the elite media".

Those "debates" were a scar upon the land. But I'd like to revive them to show what an insane gauntlet Romney had to cross to get where he is.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2012, 01:31:34 AM »

Those "debates" were a scar upon the land. But I'd like to revive them to show what an insane gauntlet Romney had to cross to get where he is.

Well, they were remarkable for at least one shining moment, when the audience cheered the idea of someone dying for lack of health insurance, proving once and for all that Republicans care nothing at all about human beings other than themselves, absolutely gutting their whiny little "care more about animals than people!" argument against so many issues.

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2012, 01:42:42 AM »

Well, they were remarkable for at least one shining moment, when the audience cheered the idea of someone dying for lack of health insurance, proving once and for all that Republicans care nothing at all about human beings other than themselves, absolutely gutting their whiny little "care more about animals than people!" argument against so many issues.

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

That moment was ... striking. Don't forget the booing of the gay soldier. Ah, hell, it's in the past. We're on to a new day. The leaves are turning. The modern Republican Party is NOT host to the worst American instincts since old Strom Thurmond rustled himself up some DIXIECRATS. At least, I don't think.

3 wide and wingin

« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2012, 01:46:44 AM »

Romney won.

So stupid
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2012, 01:48:28 AM »

That moment was ... striking. Don't forget the booing of the gay soldier. Ah, hell, it's in the past. We're on to a new day. The leaves are turning. The modern Republican Party is NOT host to the worst American instincts since old Strom Thurmond rustled himself up some DIXIECRATS. At least, I don't think.

It's host to the reactionary instincts of a formerly solid ethnic power-holding majority seeing the handwriting of changing demographics on the wall, that's for sure.

Mr_Ed

Stop gabbin and get me Pinochle cards!

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2012, 02:51:30 AM »

Bush2, IMHO, performed poorly in the debates.

Still won.
APPRENTICE

« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2012, 03:47:14 AM »

WITHOUT A TELEPROMTER AND LIBERAL JEWS AND MORONIC WHITE PEOPLE.

OBAMA IS LOST,,,,,,,

NOT BEING RACIST BUT JUST STATING FACTS,,,,,,,

JUST ONE QUESTION,,,

WHY ARE WHITE PEOPLE LABELED RACIST IF THEY DISAGREE WITH  MR OBAMA

AND BLACKS CAN OTE FOR MR OBAMA,,,,JUST BECAUSE HEZ BLACK,,,,

JUST MAKIN AN OBSERVATION,,,,,,

RACISM  SUCKS,,,PERIOD,,,,,

BUT THAT ALSO GOES BOTH WAYS,,,,,,,JUST SAYING
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2012, 04:07:51 AM »

honest & balanced terry

one question for you  how is obama going to reduce considerable the national debt. a new stimulus package of billions?? taxing the rich that will hardly make a dent  why hasn't obama had a budget in years. he can't even get a budget on paper  i know 10 yr old boys with a paper route who have a budget he is ignorant on economic manners to say the least when the Chinese come asking for their money what the hell will he do then

PS  it was that dumb movie that got the ambassador killed in libya yeah right  and we apologize for it     lmao

may the horse be with you
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2012, 05:23:06 AM »

of course nbc had to put chris mathews on at the opening of the today show to rant and rave about how wrong romney was for 5 minutes . where is the rebuttal political news host,  bill o'reilly ?  anyone?   of course no one  more major tv  one sided liberal politics

may the horse be with you
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: