Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 24, 2014, 08:01:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ot / romney kicked ass  (Read 8003 times)
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2012, 10:02:08 PM »

sam--you can get 3-1 or over on Romney and i will send the you address of the exchange if you are serious

sorry i like winning and money i'll stick with my lockie at red mile tomorrow load up
Report to moderator   Logged

may the horse be with you
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2012, 10:03:14 PM »

I am curious to hear the "hard numbers" as it were to mitt's amazing plan to cut taxes, raise defense spending and somehow cut the deficit. That's bold. Im not real good at math but id like to see those spread sheets.

It's the same as GW Bush's amazing plan, the one that turned a nice surplus revenue stream into a deadly cancerous permanent deficit, which was basically the same as Reagan's.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2012, 10:03:29 PM »

i am taking this very seriously and may pull the trigger and make a large wager on Obama if the price goes near $0.40 on the dollar--surely it goes up after tonite and all the Repubs hopefully will show their standard "irrational exuberance" and allow me to get 1-2--thats my hope--so tonites efffort helps my price

never accuse my analogies to racing is insincere--gambling and bookmaking is in my bllod and this is another event that wagering can be performed on

In a way I agree with you. The  flag people are so stupid that I will bet on Obama this year and if he could run again in 2016 Id bet on him again.

But

You are underestimating tonight.

If tonight is a draw or Obama wins the race is over.
Mittens made this a close race now. Id put Obama at 6/5 now.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2012, 10:06:31 PM »

It's the same as GW Bush's amazing plan, the one that turned a nice surplus revenue stream into a deadly cancerous permanent deficit, which was basically the same as Reagan's.

George Bush? LOL

At least the Dear Leader was smart enough to not mention Bush tonight.
Cant use that forever. Used it up in the first 3 years.

He would say 2001 or other code words.
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2012, 10:07:51 PM »

3WW....As I know you being a man of substance and actually having a clue, YOU know it will come down to OH (Obama leads) VA (toss up) and FL (toss up). I think the consensus at this point is Obama leads VA & FL inside the margin or error as of today. The fact of the matter is, as some have mentioned, yep, the R team base will be a bit more fired up, but if you are TRULY  undecided at this point, you need to not vote because you probably dont realize the sun rises in the east.

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2012, 10:09:39 PM »

I find politics boring...
blah blah blah  although think someboDy should name a horse  GRETA VAN SUSTREN

As Roger sings....

"MEET THE NEW BOSS, SAME AS THE OLD BOSS"
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2012, 10:10:05 PM »

3WW....As I know you being a man of substance and actually having a clue, YOU know it will come down to OH (Obama leads) VA (toss up) and FL (toss up). I think the consensus at this point is Obama leads VA & FL inside the margin or error as of today. The fact of the matter is, as some have mentioned, yep, the R team base will be a bit more fired up, but if you are TRULY  undecided at this point, you need to not vote because you probably dont realize the sun rises in the east.

I read earlier today that the only people who really watch these things are those who already have their minds made up and just tune in to cheer their hero.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2012, 10:10:42 PM »

I find politics boring...
blah blah blah  although think someboDy should name a horse  GRETA VAN SUSTREN

What an insult to a perfectly good looking horse.

handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2012, 10:12:27 PM »

sorry i like winning and money i'll stick with my lockie at red mile tomorrow load up

Power Pack Hanover

RACE 3 - The Red Mile - KY - October 4, 2012
 Conditions:   LATE CLOSER #14 2 Year Old Fillies NW $10,000 Life Thru and Including 9-1-2012   
 Gait: Pace     Purse: $10,000     Class: 2YOF LC     Distance: 1 Mile     Planned Post Time: 1:40 PM
PP    Horse   Med   2012 Year to Date    Driver    Trainer   ML   Base
           Sts    W    P    S    Time    Earnings         Stable   Odds   Claim

1    Make Some Memories
 Ponder-Breathdefying       5     0     1    2    Q1:59.3S    $9455     John Campbell    Robert Mcintosh   6-1   

2    Hobe Sound
 Somebeachsomewhere-
 Animated Art       3     0     2    1    -    $5830     Tim Tetrick    Linda Toscano   9-2   

3    Aunt Caroline
 Somebeachsomewhere-
 Loving Caroline       2     0     0    1    Q1:56.1M    $764     Mark Macdonald    Frank Antonacci   8-1   

4    Power Pack Hanover
 Somebeachsomewhere-
 Panned Out       1     1     0    0    1:52.3M    $5000     David Miller    Thomas Cancelliere   6-5   

5    Royal Engagement
 Stonebridge Regal-
 Eve Of The Ball       4     1     1    0    Q1:58.4F    $5939     Ron Pierce    Robert Mcintosh   12-1   

6    O Narutac Rockette
 Rocknroll Hanover-
 Cam For Life       7     2     1    0    1:56.1F    $11840     Yannick Gingras    Mark Harder   7-2   

7    Caviart Savannah
 Dragon Again-
 Caviart Sierra       9     1     1    1    1:55.4F    $4500     Jody Jamieson    Jim Arledge Jr   15-1   
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2012, 10:12:46 PM »

In a way I agree with you. The  flag people are so stupid that I will bet on Obama this year and if he could run again in 2016 Id bet on him again.

But

You are underestimating tonight.

If tonight is a draw or Obama wins the race is over.
Mittens made this a close race now. Id put Obama at 6/5 now.

Just remember this. The only way Romney has any shot is if he 'steals' votes from people who were pro obama before tonight.

He might be able to get some of the 'undecided' voters, but unless he steals a large amout of people who liked obama before tonight, he's not going to win.

I think you are underestimating the amount of people who are going to switch allegiances because of this one debate. Remember, people see what they want to see, if you were Pro Obama or Anti Romney before tonight, you just saw that Obama won the debate and Romney came across as a used car salesmen. If you were ProRomney before tonight, you 'saw' that he kicked ass and took names.

It takes a lot to get a person to switch their votes, most people have already decided who they want to vote for, its really hard to get anyone to switch, Romney needs to get a LOT of people to switch to have a shot.

PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2012, 10:16:30 PM »

What an insult to a perfectly good looking horse.

MAYBE FOR A RIDGLING
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2012, 10:17:43 PM »

Power Pack Hanover

RACE 3 - The Red Mile - KY - October 4, 2012
 Conditions:   LATE CLOSER #14 2 Year Old Fillies NW $10,000 Life Thru and Including 9-1-2012   
 Gait: Pace     Purse: $10,000     Class: 2YOF LC     Distance: 1 Mile     Planned Post Time: 1:40 PM
PP    Horse   Med   2012 Year to Date    Driver    Trainer   ML   Base
           Sts    W    P    S    Time    Earnings         Stable   Odds   Claim

1    Make Some Memories
 Ponder-Breathdefying       5     0     1    2    Q1:59.3S    $9455     John Campbell    Robert Mcintosh   6-1   

2    Hobe Sound
 Somebeachsomewhere-
 Animated Art       3     0     2    1    -    $5830     Tim Tetrick    Linda Toscano   9-2   

3    Aunt Caroline
 Somebeachsomewhere-
 Loving Caroline       2     0     0    1    Q1:56.1M    $764     Mark Macdonald    Frank Antonacci   8-1   

4    Power Pack Hanover
 Somebeachsomewhere-
 Panned Out       1     1     0    0    1:52.3M    $5000     David Miller    Thomas Cancelliere   6-5   

5    Royal Engagement
 Stonebridge Regal-
 Eve Of The Ball       4     1     1    0    Q1:58.4F    $5939     Ron Pierce    Robert Mcintosh   12-1   

6    O Narutac Rockette
 Rocknroll Hanover-
 Cam For Life       7     2     1    0    1:56.1F    $11840     Yannick Gingras    Mark Harder   7-2   

7    Caviart Savannah
 Dragon Again-
 Caviart Sierra       9     1     1    1    1:55.4F    $4500     Jody Jamieson    Jim Arledge Jr   15-1   

thanks harry i can't post my picks on the regular forum

may the horse be with you
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2012, 10:18:29 PM »

Absolutely. This comes down to 25 or so counties in Florida, Ohio and Virginia.

I also think Bush was one of the 5 worst presidents ever in the history of this country and Clinton was a good one. So hardly partisan.

Mitt had to win this tonight or its over. And he won it. He wont it very big. Most one sided debate Ive seen. And I watch them all.

That said Barry and his staff will come out totally different in the next debate. They have to after this ass kicking.
If he doesn't come out totally different in debate 2 then he is like the first Bush. His heart isn't even in it and he doesn't want to win again.

Coming into tonight Barry was a heavy favorite. Now he is a slight to moderate favorite.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2012, 10:21:09 PM »

Just remember this. The only way Romney has any shot is if he 'steals' votes from people who were pro obama before tonight.

He might be able to get some of the 'undecided' voters, but unless he steals a large amout of people who liked obama before tonight, he's not going to win.

I think you are underestimating the amount of people who are going to switch allegiances because of this one debate. Remember, people see what they want to see, if you were Pro Obama or Anti Romney before tonight, you just saw that Obama won the debate and Romney came across as a used car salesmen. If you were ProRomney before tonight, you 'saw' that he kicked ass and took names.

It takes a lot to get a person to switch their votes, most people have already decided who they want to vote for, its really hard to get anyone to switch, Romney needs to get a LOT of people to switch to have a shot.

Had a lady on my FB tonight. A real one. Not a political type etc etc. Say she thought she knew who she was voting for before tonight's debate and that has changed. That's real. Although since she lives in Maryland her vote is moot.

kellytuc
The one, the only, and the former - Kellytuc!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2012, 10:21:52 PM »

,,OBAMA IS GARBAGE,,A LIAR ,,AND A TRUE HATER OF AMERICA,,,,

Wait, you're the one that defends the likes of John and Duke Johnston, Phil Langley, and Angie Affrunti and say that you can find good in anyone but say something like that?   Pretty amazing.  
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2012, 10:27:41 PM »

Debate was equal. Nice try though.

You might want to tune into extreme left wingers like Bill Mahrer and MSNBC where they are killing your Dear Leader.

Now if you want to think it was a tie then you don't want to discuss politics in an open fair way.
Which is ok.

beer beer beer beer beer
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 10:38:28 PM by 3 wide and wingin » Report to moderator   Logged
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2012, 10:57:10 PM »

this has nothing to do with bets,rebates ,a horse race etc shame on you this is far too important then all that. we need to take this seriously this is our futue and about the economy. without a strong economy nobody will be betting on races and buying horses
Sam this is the best post I have ever seen your post. trophy trophy trophy

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2012, 11:16:49 PM »

Mitt hit it out of the park tonight

let's hope he keeps it up
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2012, 11:29:18 PM »

Mitt hit it out of the park tonight

let's hope he keeps it up

He certainly came off as the more combative of the two, if that means anything. He also looked like a fidgety Jack Russell terrier doing so, and I swear to God during his final statement the same alien or devil was in possession of his eyes that possessed him in a couple of the primary debates. There's just something evil in there.

From a fine details standpoint, and "plans that add up" standpoint, he came off seriously lacking, and Obama exposed that pretty well. There's no way you can flat out promise no cuts to expensive things like Medicaid (not to mention a COLA and 1% on top), plus an increase in military spending, while promising to cut the deficit on the back of cheap little programs like Public Radio, and have any credibility with anyone possessing half a brain.

3 wide and wingin

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2012, 11:43:56 PM »

He certainly came off as the more combative of the two, if that means anything. He also looked like a fidgety Jack Russell terrier doing so, and I swear to God during his final statement the same alien or devil was in possession of his eyes that possessed him in a couple of the primary debates. There's just something evil in there.

From a fine details standpoint, and "plans that add up" standpoint, he came off seriously lacking, and Obama exposed that pretty well. There's no way you can flat out promise no cuts to expensive things like Medicaid (not to mention a COLA and 1% on top), plus an increase in military spending, while promising to cut the deficit on the back of cheap little programs like Public Radio, and have any credibility with anyone possessing half a brain.

So this isn't true?
From CNN which is basically a liberal media.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/03/cnn-poll-romney-wins-debate-by-big-margin/

Id call it credible.

That said Id still bet on your guy.

The majority  of the  flag public doesn't have half a brain. I will bet on that.
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2012, 11:47:42 PM »

Had a lady on my FB tonight. A real one. Not a political type etc etc. Say she thought she knew who she was voting for before tonight's debate and that has changed. That's real. Although since she lives in Maryland her vote is moot.

That's what Romney is hoping for, enough 'sheep' to be wishy washy and not have any clue who they want to vote for a month away.
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2012, 11:51:26 PM »

You might want to tune into extreme left wingers like Bill Mahrer and MSNBC where they are killing your Dear Leader.

Now if you want to think it was a tie then you don't want to discuss politics in an open fair way.
Which is ok.

beer beer beer beer beer

Romney made a good impression no doubt. He was better than i thought he was going to be. But, with that said, maybe Romney is just a great 'debater' and a great 'talker' and Obama isnt as 'polished' at selling used cars. I dont think people should vote based on a debate, but rather the issues. Both candidates have a few issues that they are on opposite sides on, so, wouldnt it makes sense to vote based on THAT rather than vote based on how well a guy talks?

I'd love to see Michele Obama debate Mitt's wife, that would be fun to watch.

Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2012, 12:07:09 AM »

Obama tried to back the half down and went too slow.

Great comment, regardless of your preference. Who sprinted home?
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2012, 12:08:02 AM »

That's what Romney is hoping for, enough 'sheep' to be wishy washy and not have any clue who they want to vote for a month away.

He handed your guy his ass.

I am hardly a Romney fan. But he won. Big.

hungry

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2012, 12:17:21 AM »

He handed your guy his ass.

I am hardly a Romney fan. But he won. Big.

My guy? Why is Obama my guy?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: