Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 01:33:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monarch Kemp Garners Highest Bid At $360,000  (Read 443 times)
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« on: October 03, 2012, 12:11:57 PM »

The first of five 2012 Lexington Selected Yearling Sale sessions took place Tuesday night at the Fasig-Tipton Sale Pavilion in Lexington, Kentucky with Monarch Kemp garnering the highest bid of the day at $360,000.

Monarch Kemp, who sold as Hip 91, was purchased by Brixton Medical AB of Orsundsbro, Sweden. The son of Muscle Hill-Emilie Cas El is a sibling to Impressive Kemp (1:54.3 - $501,074) and Highscore Kemp (1:51.4 - $111,968).

Deepdish, a filly from the first crop of Muscle Hill and out of the multiple stakes-winning mare, Pizza Dolce, was purchased for $320,000 by agent Robert Lidstrom of Boden, Sweden. The filly, who sold as Hip 81, is a half-sister to OSS phenom Miss Paris (1:54.2 - $817,423) and Bella Dolce (1:54.2 - $753,133).

Selling as Hip 43 for $300,000, Rock The Casbah was purchased by agent Mark Harder who reportedly outbid Richard Young on the son of Rocknroll Hanover-Stienams Place. Young owns the coltís full sister, Put On A Show (1:47.4 - $2,383,593).

Mother Night, who sold as Hip 80 for $280,000, was also purchased by agent Mark Harder. The daughter of Cantab Hall is the first foal out of Lunar Dream OM, who is the half-sister to the Hambletonian-winning Victory Dream.

Deyrolle, who sold as Hip 30, was among the top five highest tickets during the opening night session. Agent Myron Bell signed the $250,000 sales slip for the colt who hails from the first crop of the Hambletonian-winning sire Muscle Hill. Heís the third foal out of the Hambletonian Oaks-winning broodmare Danae. That makes him a half-brother to Dorsay (1:54.4 - $99,141).

A total of 99 yearlings were sold for over $8.5 million producing an average price of $86,454 during this year's first session. Last yearís opening session saw 112 yearlings go through the ring for over $8.9 million for an average price $79,473.

The sale continues on Wednesday night at 7 p.m. featuring Hips 105 - 263.

http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/notices/10-2-12/lexington-selected-sale-results.html
Report to moderator   Logged
jdizigg

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 12:15:52 PM »

Good post biscuit, One that really intrigued me was Maximus Deo, who Bellino got.  He is out of an unraced mare by D Train, who is just a monster broodmare....10k for that one...
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 01:32:19 PM »

This horse was quite the specimen.....But those Cancelliere's must print their own money

SHOWTIME!!!
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 01:39:08 PM »

This horse was quite the specimen.....But those Cancelliere's must print their own money

If you are talking about MK, he was purchased by someone form Sweden
mitcky

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 02:57:12 PM »

Good post biscuit, One that really intrigued me was Maximus Deo, who Bellino got.  He is out of an unraced mare by D Train, who is just a monster broodmare....10k for that one...

Maximus Deo was hip 52 right after we bought hip 51 and we thought 52 was unbuyable (trust me, I wanted to).
jdizigg

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 03:00:29 PM »

Maximus Deo was hip 52 right after we bought hip 51 and we thought 52 was unbuyable (trust me, I wanted to).

Thanks bud, i was told a lot of people didnt like him, but with that kind of pedigree you never know... May i ask was it his confirmation?
mitcky

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 03:13:06 PM »

It was his conformation and his size. He looked good to me for the exact reason you stated.

Several years ago I remember a famous trainer buying Runover Feeling for 5,000 (from memory) and he looked AWFUL. I asked him what he saw and he said "his stud fee is more than the horse".  You never know with these
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: