Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 27, 2014, 02:22:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pool Manipulation  (Read 5542 times)
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2012, 04:16:47 PM »

I know yonkers so well, i can tell you at midnight 2 days before the race goes off what the odds of each horse will be when the windows "officially" close.

keep the windows open all night long, not going to affect me 1 iota
Report to moderator   Logged
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2012, 04:21:57 PM »

Well, THAT certainly settles the issue.  head shake
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2012, 04:25:23 PM »

Well, THAT certainly settles the issue.  head shake

do you think that post was meant to settle the issue? i stated i could care less if it happens or doesnt.....comprehend e amigo?
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2012, 04:34:17 PM »

do you think that post was meant to settle the issue? i stated i could care less if it happens or doesnt.....comprehend e amigo?

Do you know what "I could care less" means?  I guess not.

And "comprehend e amigo?" is not Spanish.  HTH.
TKs Skipper

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2012, 04:37:41 PM »

Do you know what "I could care less" means?  I guess not.

And "comprehend e amigo?" is not Spanish.  HTH.

could not care less, excuse e moi. i do not know french, so i took a shot at spanish so you could comprehend. i took neither language in school

you seem to be a BTW Thread-Dictator. Were there Dictasters in your homeland Yimmy?
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2012, 04:40:57 PM »

Phleeg!  Snord!  Blordnit!
coldpunch

« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2012, 10:06:12 PM »

What about if you are actually at the track in question?

being at the track is not where any of this money is sent from

some preferred high rollers and computer programs like Parhams are taking advantage of certain tracks that are allowing this tote activity--and the reason is to boost handle

watch the first two races at freehold today it it was BLATANT--a horse broke @ 2-5 then suddenly went up to over 1-1 after the break

happens all the time
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2012, 11:05:16 PM »

you seem to be a BTW Thread-Dictator. Were there Dictasters in your homeland Yimmy?

Man. When did this forum go down the road of dictasters?

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2012, 11:17:52 PM »

could not care less, excuse e moi. i do not know french, so i took a shot at spanish so you could comprehend. i took neither language in school

barntowire Dictator,  we have a guy who eats horse burgers here but its not YIMMY !

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2012, 11:26:06 PM »

being at the track is not where any of this money is sent from

some preferred high rollers and computer programs like Parhams are taking advantage of certain tracks that are allowing this tote activity--and the reason is to boost handle

What's your evidence this is coming from high rollers and offshore computer programs rather than someone or someones on track playing around with $500? When the whole win pool is maybe $2500, it doesn't take any "high roller" canceling a bet to move the win odds from 2/5 to 1/1.

watch the first two races at freehold today it it was BLATANT--a horse broke @ 2-5 then suddenly went up to over 1-1 after the break

I prefer not to watch Freehold, and if you believe this is so rampant and blatant, why are you playing it? Vote with your feet.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2012, 11:35:44 PM »

Yimmy's favorite cap

Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2012, 11:41:43 PM »

What's your evidence this is coming from high rollers and offshore computer programs rather than someone or someones on track playing around with $500? When the whole win pool is maybe $2500, it doesn't take any "high roller" canceling a bet to move the win odds from 2/5 to 1/1.

I prefer not to watch Freehold, and if you believe this is so rampant and blatant, why are you playing it? Vote with your feet.

Evidence? What is that. No evidence required for Coldpunch to run his mouth on this forum.
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2012, 11:45:15 PM »

barntowire Dictator,  we have a guy who eats horse burgers here but its not YIMMY !

Must be CPW then if not Yimmy.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2012, 12:30:32 AM »

Must be CPW then if not Yimmy.

What evidence do u have of that or are u just running your mouth?

Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2012, 01:13:39 AM »

What evidence do u have of that or are u just running your mouth?

Are you a

a) Insomniac

b) Posting machine

c) Just lonely

d) None of the above
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2012, 01:21:41 AM »

Are you a

a) Insomniac

b) Posting machine

c) Just lonely

d) None of the above

Only a stalker would ask?

Everyone knows I m anti slaughter!
Wish u happy burgers!

hungry

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2012, 05:28:52 AM »

Its probaly the Parham group--they are betting too much with the tiny pools and making it lookk real bad---And yes an open window is full swing

They made a Buffalo double $2.70 with a $4.00 horse and $26.00 horse. Figure it out already. Its blatant larceny. Not pool manipulating. Jusy past posting with open windows

THe Parham situation was not a guy betting after the start. He didnt bet after the start and if you bet before the start, like he did, how can you say its 'larceny'?

Parham is smarter than me and you combined, if he was going to do something with larceny in his heart, he's not going to bet a 4k DD at Buffalo raceway.
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2012, 05:32:47 AM »

gatepunchers are most effective on the 1/2 mile ovals--as the first turn is critical and the positioning in the first quarter dictates how these guys wager--its not going to happen as much on the bigger tracks because early position isnt nearly as critical--what is so hard to fathom?--why bring Mohawk into the converstaion?--nobody said every race and at every track is bet after the turn--but at freehold, northfield, yonkers, harrington--it is blatant--public larceny and the fleeecing of america

why do i have to explain why they do it more on the half?--isnt it so obvious why the small tracks are known havens for this activity?--is it that hard to comprehend?--at freehold--the way the turn comes up on you immediately--and with the banking--is considered that toughest 100 yards in harness racing--and 85-90% of the breaks occur on the first turn--so if a track will alllow three venues to gatepunch(and once again for the millionth time--the bets are coming from a guy in lexington, harrington and a dog track in florida) after the first turn to a few--then its party time--if i could bet after the first quarter i would--and would make money doing it--

60% of freeholds handle comes in after the first turn--and all of this "tote delay" and simulcast delay BS is nonsense--and i know this because i watched every click on every pool there for years--so dont tell me about whats going on there

to suggest this happens @ Mohawk shows the previous mentioned "light years" over your head comment--now when there is a breaker after the fair start pole there--i am sure it happens on a smaller scale--and as JJ points out astutely--the canadian pools are closed moments prior to ous here in the states

what bother me is why this must be constantly dumbed down--over and over and over again--and then i get a Mohawk comment that is totally irrelevant and i get"thats what you say when you cant answer"

you Sir-TK Skipper--just dont understand and are clueless

Am i to assume that when you use the term 'gatepuncher' you are referring to someone who's actually betting BEFORE the race actually starts? It seems that there are a lot of complaints about 'gatepunchers' but if they're betting before the start, what's the problem?
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2012, 05:56:37 AM »

Am i to assume that when you use the term 'gatepuncher' you are referring to someone who's actually betting BEFORE the race actually starts? It seems that there are a lot of complaints about 'gatepunchers' but if they're betting before the start, what's the problem?
GATE PUNCHERS ARE OK .
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2012, 06:18:34 AM »

There certainly are computer/egghead/genius/syndicates out there trying to crash an $1800 Pik 3 pool at Freehold. Or a massive $6000 exacta pool.
Pulledtherugout

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2012, 06:21:56 AM »

There certainly are computer/egghead/genius/syndicates out there trying to crash an $1800 Pik 3 pool at Freehold. Or a massive $6000 exacta pool.

Gotta disagree Vic since Wallis and Mcullmurray did it for far less in Michigan. Where there is money to be made there is cheating, no matter the amount. thumbs up
Blue Chip55

« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2012, 07:08:00 AM »

Gotta disagree Vic since Wallis and Mcullmurray did it for far less in Michigan. Where there is money to be made there is cheating, no matter the amount. thumbs up

Grin Very well said. Thieves are thieves
Some just dont get it. One day they might, but I doubt it
Trying to explain it is the ultimate excercise in futility
 I love the comment " It cant happen ". Hysteical
Croft

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2012, 07:40:12 AM »

When the whole win pool is maybe $2500, it doesn't take any "high roller" canceling a bet to move the win odds from 2/5 to 1/1.

In a $2500 win pool with a 20% takeout, a 2-5 horse would have $1428 wagered on him.

If $708 of that $1428 were to be cancelled, the 2-5 horse would become a 1-1 horse.
coldpunch

« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2012, 07:42:48 AM »

why bother trying to explain--only about a dozen of us see it

either you see it or you dont

we can leave it at that
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2012, 07:44:01 AM »

Grin Very well said. Thieves are thieves
Some just dont get it. One day they might, but I doubt it