Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 29, 2014, 01:28:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Betterthancheddar Sidelined  (Read 312 times)
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« on: October 03, 2012, 12:31:13 PM »

He's already equalled two world records this year - one on a half-mile track and one on a five-eighths mile track. While many in harness racing were eager to see how he'd pace over Lexington's one-mile track, reports indicate that pacing speedster Betterthancheddar will not be making the trek to race at the Red Mile for Grand Circuit week.

Trainer Casie Coleman told harnessracing.com that Betterthancheddar has developed a foot abscess and will not race in the Oct. 7 Allerage Farm at The Red Mile.

"He got an abscess in his left front foot and it's doing much, much, better, and I believe he'll be ready for the Breeders Crown (in late October at Woodbine), said Coleman. "We just have to get that foot under control and get him right for the Breeders Crown. I really wanted to come to Lexington with him but no way could I push him enough to get him ready.

The son of Bettors Delight - Lady Ashlee Ann has won nine of 11 starts this year and finished second twice. In those losses, Betterthancheddar finished second by a nose and a neck. Owned by Steve Calhoun of Chatham and the West Wins Stable of Cambridge, Ont., Betterthancheddar set a world record on June 30 at Mohegan Sun Pocono with a 1:48 mile in the $500,000 Ben Franklin Final. His next world record-equalliing effort came at Harrington Raceway two weeks ago in the final of the Bobby Quillen Memorial.

http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/news/10-1-12/betterthancheddar-sidelined.html
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: