Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 28, 2014, 02:28:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QUOTE OF THE DECADE !!!  (Read 617 times)
Homestretch

Harness Racing is "King" Of All Sports

Ignore
« on: February 28, 2013, 11:56:08 AM »

PROBABLY THE BEST POLITICAL SUMMARY OF OUR TIMES !!!
 thumbs up thumbs up

The Quote of the Decade: "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better." ~ ;Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

Report to moderator   Logged
salzburg

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 07:53:29 PM »

the decade of the 60+s-- "ASK NOT,,, WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU- --ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY"
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 08:08:52 PM »

MAN ARE YOU OLD
APPRENTICE

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 08:09:27 PM »

BIGM,,DONT SERVE LEMONADE!!!!!!!!!!!
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 08:11:35 PM »

thumbs up thumbs up

The Quote of the Decade: "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better." ~ ;Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

I DONT THINK HE MEANT IT.  HIS WALLET IS EMPTY AND HE KEEPS SPENDING.
salzburg

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 08:12:26 PM »

MAN ARE YOU OLD
sure am-- i was in 8th grade-- what can i tell ya. my birth cert dont lie-- cant stop the clock-- clocker
Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 08:15:58 PM »

the decade of the 60+s-- "ASK NOT,,, WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU- --ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY"

A sentence you can reverse when talking about most of the Obama voters in 2012.   John Kennedy, a self proclaimed liberal, would turn over in his grave if he could see what happened to the liberals in this country.  Liberals of the 50s and 60s would be considered centrists today.

Today's liberals have destroyed this nation.
King Nothing

Goodtimes

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 12:05:20 AM »

This kind of like he wanted the sequester before he didn't want it ? Stop the word games, stop using them against me, it's all out of context... If he was a Republican they would be having a field day... We are living in strange times, right is wrong and up is down... And i'm obligated to say i'm an independent, no party affiliation for ten yrs, i have no say.

dunno

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger
But there's no one around

King Nothing
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 12:18:09 AM »

This kind of like he wanted the sequester before he didn't want it ? Stop the word games, stop using them against me, it's all out of context

Speaking of word games, where do you come up with your first claim, that he "wanted the sequester"? I've never seen or heard him say anything of the sort.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 12:21:47 AM »

thumbs up thumbs up

True then, and true now. The leaders of both parties can't get their act together on how to end deficit spending. They can't agree on the cuts that need to be made, and they can't agree on the revenue increases that would be needed.

newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 12:42:42 AM »

True then, and true now. The leaders of both parties can't get their act together on how to end deficit spending. They can't agree on the cuts that need to be made, and they can't agree on the revenue increases that would be needed.
Leadership means that the buck stops here.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 12:47:12 AM »

Leadership means that the buck stops here.

Now let's see ... he made that statement in March 2006 when there was a Republican President and a Republican Congress ... I guess he learned his fiscal leadership from the best of "the fiscally responsible party", eh?

Wink Martingale

"They gave me a hat. I have the hat to this day."

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 07:48:45 AM »

"I have the hat...  I have the hat to this day."

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 08:31:20 AM »

Now let's see ... he made that statement in March 2006 when there was a Republican President and a Republican Congress ... I guess he learned his fiscal leadership from the best of "the fiscally responsible party", eh?
he now wears the mantle and has the sceptere. Lead laddie...Lead.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 09:08:51 AM »

he now wears the mantle and has the sceptere. Lead laddie...Lead.

Considering he made that statement in front of the Senate in a Senate debate, and referred to "Washington", he quite obviously meant all the leaders, in both houses, as well as the President.

He can only do so much by himself. When you're confronted by "the party of no" at every turn, it's difficult to change the trajectory he inherited.

Yonkers1

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 09:12:56 AM »

Speaking of word games, where do you come up with your first claim, that he "wanted the sequester"? I've never seen or heard him say anything of the sort.

Please stop watching MSNBC, he signed the bill, need more proof than that
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 09:33:24 AM »

Please stop watching MSNBC

I don't even have MSNBC in the house. But I can tell you are a rabid FOX watcher.

he signed the bill, need more proof than that

He signed the bill that raised the debt limit and promised a bipartisan committee that would find ways to reduce the deficit OR ELSE the sequester cuts would cut it. The sequester was hammer that everyone agreed was disagreeable to force the committee to do its job, or else there would be SOME cuts to mollify the Republicans.

Republicans in the House and Senate also voted for this bill, but I have never heard anyone characterize them as being in favor of the military cuts that are in it. They must be, though, since they voted for it. Right?

But back to the original claim, have you ever heard or read him saying, "I am in favor of the sequester cuts"?

NJGUY

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 09:49:18 AM »

Lets just make sure that we keep sending aid over to Pakistan, Egypt and now Syria.  What about
all the american people struggling to make ends meet.  Looking for work any work that can pay
enough to just make ends meet.  Doesn't look good right now.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 10:02:37 AM »

Lets just make sure that we keep sending aid over to Pakistan, Egypt and now Syria.  What about
all the american people struggling to make ends meet.  Looking for work any work that can pay
enough to just make ends meet.  Doesn't look good right now.

The aid we send the entire world is less than $50 billion, and Israel is by far the biggest recipient, so that's probably a rock you don't want to turn over. Keep looking.

So hey, by the way, there ARE some politicians that view the sequester as a good thing and a victory, and they're Republicans, so let's quit reading about that horrible damage to the military.

"This will be the first significant tea party victory in that we got what we set out to do in changing Washington,” said Rep. Tim Huelskamp (Kan.), a tea party Republican elected in 2010."
"Huelskamp, who voted against the original bill authorizing the sequester because he wanted even more cuts, said he expects Boehner and other Republican leaders to come through but is nervous about recent statements suggesting that they might be looking for alternatives.

"They promised the sequester would happen,” said Huelskamp, who voted against Boehner for speaker this year. “For them to go back on their word certainly threatens their ability to lead."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/spending-cuts-represent-moment-of-truth-for-tea-party/2013/02/25/69adcc32-7c89-11e2-9a75-dab0201670da_story.html

Homestretch

Harness Racing is "King" Of All Sports

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 11:11:27 AM »

This is an important issue that will effect all of us !!
And all the responses are civil weather you agree or not !
Thank you moderator for putting this topic back up !
 thumbs up
Wink Martingale

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 11:16:44 AM »

This is a bit outside the decade, but it's still... enjoyable, especially for those of us who like to track the so-called "futurists":

"Writing this in April of ‘99, I believe that we are in for a serious event. Systems will fail, crash, seize up, cease to function. Not all systems, maybe only a fraction, but enough, and enough interdependent systems to affect many other systems. Y2K is real. Y2K is going to rock our world.
    People will consequently suffer. I don’t know how much. Some people may lose their lives - but more likely at the hands of a disabled medical establishment than because of civil disorder, loss of power, starvation, bad water, or other projected horrors (though these, too, are possible). Some will suffer the loss of fortunes, some of any income whatsoever, and many of something in between. Quite a few will find themselves suddenly without an occupation, and few ideas about how to make themselves useful to other people (without occupations themselves). Many will suffer a loss of comfort and modern convenience, and if that goes on any longer than a week, it may escalate into serious problems of public sanitation and infectious disease..."

--Jim Kunstler

http://kunstler.com/mags_y2k.html

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 11:59:27 AM »

This is an important issue that will effect all of us !!

The debt will affect all of us. Budget cuts & revenue enhancements should also affect everyone.

Unfortunately, the situation in which we now find ourselves stems from 8 years of serious revenue cuts designed to help those more at the top of the economic ladder in pursuit of misguided "trickle down economics" theory, and now when it's come time to pay the piper on that huge debt they rang up on borrowed money from China, they don't want to, and instead expect those at the bottom of the ladder to suck it up.

Psycho Dad

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 12:05:41 PM »

This is a bit outside the decade, but it's still... enjoyable, especially for those of us who like to track the so-called "futurists":

"Writing this in April of ‘99, I believe that we are in for a serious event. Systems will fail, crash, seize up, cease to function. Not all systems, maybe only a fraction, but enough, and enough interdependent systems to affect many other systems. Y2K is real. Y2K is going to rock our world.
    People will consequently suffer. I don’t know how much. Some people may lose their lives - but more likely at the hands of a disabled medical establishment than because of civil disorder, loss of power, starvation, bad water, or other projected horrors (though these, too, are possible). Some will suffer the loss of fortunes, some of any income whatsoever, and many of something in between. Quite a few will find themselves suddenly without an occupation, and few ideas about how to make themselves useful to other people (without occupations themselves). Many will suffer a loss of comfort and modern convenience, and if that goes on any longer than a week, it may escalate into serious problems of public sanitation and infectious disease..."

--Jim Kunstler

http://kunstler.com/mags_y2k.html

He was correct.  Most people have no idea how many thousands of programmers and analysts worked tirelessly to enusre the tragedy never happened.

How can we prove what would have happened if the billions of dollars was not spent on fixing Y2K?  We cannot.  That's why those who participated in the massive work effort remain silent.  You cannot prove nor disprove what never happened.

Just like nobody can say for sure what the world would be like if Saddam Hussein was left alone to continue his reign of terror.  We all have our own opinions.
Wink Martingale

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 12:10:39 PM »

"You cannot prove nor disprove what never happened."

Really?  Martha Stewart never blew up the earth and ended all life on the planet with a nuclear weapon. It never happened, and can be conclusively disproven, since, um, we are here.

HTH.

--Winston Churchill
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: