Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 02:59:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 Yearlings---The Cost and Earnings  (Read 1679 times)
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 02:03:42 PM »

re Match Play, I cannot understand why they bid $210,000 for him

Trond raced the mare Stroke Play who earned $1,284,688 lifetime including 15 stakes or other named races out of 18 career victories. I have personally never believed to pay big bucks for foals of top mares as, in my belief, they leave their best on the track, not in their foals.

Here are her complete list of foals and their lifetime earnings:

MATCHPLAY VOLO 2006 CONWAY HALL LEXINGTON SELECT KY 03-OCT-2007 42 $130,000

$37,795

PLAYOFF VOLO 2007 CLASSIC PHOTO LEXINGTON SELECT KY 01-OCT-2008 13 $60,000

$500

GRANDSLAM VOLO 2008 ANDOVER HALL LEXINGTON SELECT KY 07-OCT-2009 55 $27,000

$0

SHOOTOUT VOLO 2009 ANDOVER HALL LEXINGTON SELECT KY 14-OCT-2010 122 $10,000

$17,880

MATCH PLAY 2010 DONATO HANOVER LEXINGTON SELECT KY 04-OCT-2011 202 $210,000

$560

for those who think she's due to foal a winner, Lexington this week, hip #417, Striking Volo

http://www.lexingtonselected.com/pdf/2012/Stroke%20Play.pdf

http://kentuckianafarms.smugmug.com/Other/Trotting-Colts/25383452_4bk3Bh#undefined

Handsome this one sir
Report to moderator   Logged

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 02:34:05 PM »

Handsome Harry that film of that horse very pretty but me eyes are not as keen as all of u but was that horse interfering?

dunno but I am not a bidder on that one
handsomeharry76

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 06:48:39 PM »

wanted #14, Baby Shaq, an 8th foal but had a very good full brother, went for about $100,000, my price was in the $50,000's, same trainer who had the full brother got her

a bit difficult to make money paying that price, training, staking, etc.

passed

I can't wait to see what #71 and #75 sell for, I heard they passed on $200,000 two weeks ago for #75

good luck 
mitcky

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 09:32:30 PM »

We got one today......51 (yes, an Ontario bred).
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 10:05:35 PM »

Babies toughest game in town can't measure a horses heart looking at the book or when checking there conformation.  The first day is tough big money flys around by owners who have succeeded during the current year and need to spend to avoid capital gains.  Reason full or half brother and sisters go for so much money.  The Lexington sale is graded for the first day with the best pedigree and conformed horses so they bring in the big dollars.  I use a service for pedigree and believe it or not there are a lot of yearlings that just don't match up on blood which is one reason they don't excel on the track.  Other factors such as training, trainers with large numbers whittle thru them to find which are grand circuit and the ones that won't cut it.  It is almost better to find a mare with a first foal or second and hope hit then a mare that has had 2-3 standout foals trying to caught another.  Good luck all heading to Lexington as we speak.  Best week of the year love Lexington in the fall.  Hope to caught a day at Keenland college girls all over the place.  At least I can look.

Larry trotter bought a couple Indiana Breds said he got them extayed and they are chip free and he's feeling positive about them !

fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2012, 10:07:13 PM »

As always thank you HH.. You are indeed a wealth of info on the buying and seling of the standardbred.  thumbs up beer thumbs up
That's a fact Jack! trophy

Illinois sucks

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2012, 10:32:06 PM »

Muscle Hill off the charts, Swedes showing there buying power this evening, while the usually big spenders load up.  So much money thrown around makes the smaller owner wondering why even give the grand circuit a shot.  Then again year after year you look at those first day horses and the low % that make the track while adding trainer cost, stake payments, and vet work it brings the smirk back to the smaller owner wondering how they could have put that 350k to better use.  ROI not there but they must have unlimited funds.  Day 2 tomorrow have to trotters to bid on.
Robat

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2012, 10:39:22 PM »

It`s now what you pay It is what you have when you get home...
mitcky

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2012, 05:40:25 AM »

It`s now what you pay It is what you have when you get home...

And the horse doesn't know what his sales price is.
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2012, 09:08:56 AM »

central park west...you just told us all who you are....and that is not a horseman(so there is not much reason in listening to ur arguement about campbell being taken down)   YOU actually said you dont know why so many colts didnt race at 2....NEED i say more!!! thanks
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2012, 09:45:23 AM »

MAJOR REASON TOO MANY HORSES NOT READY TO RACE AT 2 RACE,,,,,,THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR,,,AND NOTHING ELSE
mitcky

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2012, 09:50:05 AM »

MAJOR REASON TOO MANY HORSES NOT READY TO RACE AT 2 RACE,,,,,,THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR,,,AND NOTHING ELSE

That's correct. And if you are fortuante to have a good one, he or she has to be staked or they have very little value. Those early stakes payments for FUTURE races are killers.

Wasn't there talk a few years back about moving the stakes payments back a few months? It's almost impossible to know what you have by February 15th.
Blue Chip55

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2012, 10:59:40 AM »

central park west...you just told us all who you are....and that is not a horseman(so there is not much reason in listening to ur arguement about campbell being taken down)   YOU actually said you dont know why so many colts didnt race at 2....NEED i say more!!! thanks

There are dozens of reasons why they dont race at two. Many never make it to the races. Not being  horseman has exactly what to do with knowing when a horse should be taken down down ?

I know a bit about that.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: