Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 16, 2014, 10:39:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rosie Napravnik headed to Kentucky, then Louisiana  (Read 946 times)
journalstuff

Ignore
« on: September 30, 2012, 07:15:55 PM »

http://www.drf.com/news/belmont-napravnik-headed-kentucky-then-louisiana

Jockey Rosie Napravnik, who has spent the last five months riding regularly in New York, will move her tack to Kentucky this week and then New Orleans later this year, she said Sunday.

Napravnik will ride at Keeneland when that meet opens Friday, then move on to Churchill Downs at the end of October before returning to Fair Grounds, when the meet opens on Thanksgiving Day. She will be represented by agent Derek Ducoing.

“Ever since I got here it was a question of what I was going to do next and I always said it would depend on the business that I had and the horses that I was riding,” Napravnik said after she rode Kauai Katie to victory in Sunday’s Grade 2, $200,000 Matron at Belmont Park. “I just didn’t feel that I had strong enough business to go to Florida and it’s sort of hard to stay with the real good horses at Aqueduct.”

Napravnik rode 70 winners from 562 mounts on the New York Racing Association circuit. She ranked 10th in wins and ninth in purse earnings.

Napravnik said she hopes to return to New York next spring.

Her victory in the Matron pushed Napravnik’s 2012 purse earnings pasthe $9 million mark. She has won 148 races this year, including the Grade 1 Kentucky Oaks.
Report to moderator   Logged
coldpunch

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 08:46:44 PM »

Ramon sends another one packing--Leparoux now Rosie and Rosario rumored next

they all find out the hard way eventually and leave--Nakatani in and out another one

only Johnny V--who usually does NYRA regularly May-Oct--is the only one who hasnt left..... because Pletcher hands him many--and Ramon and Pletcher rarely do business

NYRA is Ramons kingdom and he will discourage the best of them
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 10:10:36 PM »

I think Rosie is making a wise decision now looking at her reasoning. Maybe her business at Gulfstream won’t be strong enough so that’s why I think she’ll be winning races left and right at the Fair Grounds since she typically wins in a landslide there. As for Kentucky, well am sure she’ll give Julien Leparoux a run for his money maybe at Churchill Downs but I don’t know about Keeneland. I think if she was going to Aqueduct like she did for a couple of winters didn't really make that much sense so that's why she won't go plus the real horses are at Gulfstream but choose FG.

Her east coast business seemed to be doing well this year since she made the move to New York. But the thing with her is that when she wins left and right she goes on a slump and its like a 2-3 week one. Then she starts winning again. She finished 5th at the Belmont spring/summer and 8th in the Saratoga standings an underperforming meet but still did well. She is currently riding for pletcher the two star two year olds in Kauai Katie and Shanghai Bobby. Suprised she's gone this far in her success. I think she’s the modern day version of Julie Krone.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 10:12:42 PM »

Ramon sends another one packing--Leparoux now Rosie and Rosario rumored next

they all find out the hard way eventually and leave--Nakatani in and out another one

only Johnny V--who usually does NYRA regularly May-Oct--is the only one who hasnt left..... because Pletcher hands him many--and Ramon and Pletcher rarely do business

NYRA is Ramons kingdom and he will discourage the best of them

Javier Castellano, Jose Lezcano, and Junior Alvarado won't leave either. Javier has some business with Pletcher too. Jose and Junior have Bill Mott. Who does Joel Rosario have really?Huh
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 07:58:27 AM »

So Rosie is doing what she has done for the last 3 years (Keeneland then Fair Grounds)......Shocker

SHOWTIME!!!
coldpunch

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 11:03:53 AM »

Javier Castellano, Jose Lezcano, and Junior Alvarado won't leave either. Javier has some business with Pletcher too. Jose and Junior have Bill Mott. Who does Joel Rosario have really?Huh

Castellano always winters @ Gulfstream and usually leaves NY for Keeneland in October

Rosie is excellent--but she was reported to be leaving for NY and to stay there this year even though she usually wins the FG title

once the inner dirt meet starts--they all leave except for Ramon
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 12:37:52 PM »

So Rosie is doing what she has done for the last 3 years (Keeneland then Fair Grounds)......Shocker

Was a bit shocked too but it's a good descison though she made but would've loved to seen her been Gulfstream bound.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 12:39:22 PM »

Castellano always winters @ Gulfstream and usually leaves NY for Keeneland in October

Rosie is excellent--but she was reported to be leaving for NY and to stay there this year even though she usually wins the FG title

once the inner dirt meet starts--they all leave except for Ramon

It'll still be Ramon Dominguez world for how long? Couple more years?
coldpunch

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 04:45:28 PM »

barring serious injury--i see the next 10-15 years of Mr Dominguez quietly racking up plenty of Eclipse Awards and earnings titles he is only around 35 or so and just reaching his prime

get used to it everybody
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 08:45:02 PM »

barring serious injury--i see the next 10-15 years of Mr Dominguez quietly racking up plenty of Eclipse Awards and earnings titles he is only around 35 or so and just reaching his prime

get used to it everybody

So then at his age he rides alot of cheap horses and not many riders his age don't really ride them no more. It's amazing he still does that and a veteran like Laffit Pincay Jr. was doing that still at the end of his career. So can Dominguez be in the same breath as Pincay?
coldpunch

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 08:55:35 PM »

So then at his age he rides alot of cheap horses and not many riders his age don't really ride them no more. It's amazing he still does that and a veteran like Laffit Pincay Jr. was doing that still at the end of his career. So can Dominguez be in the same breath as Pincay?

apples and oranges--let Ramon ride another 20 years and then look at the numpers

Ramon doesnt ride cheap horses--whatever NYRAs basement is will be the lowest he will compete for--so in the winter @ Aqueduct there are $12.5 maiden claimers and $7.5k claimers

Ramon hasnt won a triple crown race yet and as much as a fan i am of his(maybe his #1 fan)--thats a monkey on his back

Pincay was one of the greatest ever--so thats not fair to put Dominguez in that stratosphere at age 35
dontdoit

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 09:26:43 PM »

She's been to Fair Grounds the last two Winters ( she rode at Aqueduct the prior Winter ) and maybe spent a couple meets at Keeneland.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 11:28:53 PM »

She's been to Fair Grounds the last two Winters ( she rode at Aqueduct the prior Winter ) and maybe spent a couple meets at Keeneland.

I am sure at keeneland and churchill downs she will get to know the horses she will be expected to ride come Fair Grounds season. Am sure she will have a fine Keeneland and Churchill Downs.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 11:32:50 PM »

apples and oranges--let Ramon ride another 20 years and then look at the numpers

Ramon doesnt ride cheap horses--whatever NYRAs basement is will be the lowest he will compete for--so in the winter @ Aqueduct there are $12.5 maiden claimers and $7.5k claimers

Ramon hasnt won a triple crown race yet and as much as a fan i am of his(maybe his #1 fan)--thats a monkey on his back

Pincay was one of the greatest ever--so thats not fair to put Dominguez in that stratosphere at age 35

Ramon still has a chance at winning a Triple Crown race. He still has time and is at the prime of his career. Dominguez will be a future Hall of Famer and Legend soon. He can even be bigger legend than John Velazquez if he continues this roll throughout the decade.
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 01:46:22 PM »

It'll still be Ramon Dominguez world for how long? Couple more years?

As long as he wants it to be, the guy is a stupendous riding talent.
Louie Weedelbaum

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 01:47:58 PM »

He did ride Flat Out on Saturday but he is definately a cut below RD.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 04:01:02 PM »

He did ride Flat Out on Saturday but he is definately a cut below RD.

I said it before on the move he made but i guess you can say if you can ride evenly with Rafael Bejarano who has the same kind of talent Joel Rosario has then you can make it anywhere.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 06:57:50 PM »

Two of Poland's leading jockeys, Wladyslaw Jebac and Tadeusz Pierdolic, will be moving their tack from Warsaw's prestigious Sluzewiec Racecourse to Belmont in the coming weeks. 

The ultra-aggressive Jebac, who has won several riding titles at Poznan and Czestochowa, is especially proficient in turf sprints, while Pierdolic, who developed his skills at the 1400/1515's-meter course at Bielska Biala, is known more for his patience and for wins at classic distances.  He recently won the prestigious 48,625-zloty Henryk DeKwitakowski Handicap at a distance equivalent to 8.6 miles, at Lodz.

"I look forward of make winnings on New York tracks and utter pwnage of Dominguez, Ramon and Lezcano, Jose," Jebac noted.  "Yes, I agree at this," said Pierdolic.  "I will throw of the bigos and kapusta at silly ride-of-race-mans like Rosario, Joel and Garcia, Alan.  York, New, here we comings!"

pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 07:56:41 PM »

Oh boy, a couple of geniuses.
coldpunch

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2012, 10:14:28 PM »

Two of Poland's leading jockeys, Wladyslaw Jebac and Tadeusz Pierdolic, will be moving their tack from Warsaw's prestigious Sluzewiec Racecourse to Belmont in the coming weeks. 

The ultra-aggressive Jebac, who has won several riding titles at Poznan and Czestochowa, is especially proficient in turf sprints, while Pierdolic, who developed his skills at the 1400/1515's-meter course at Bielska Biala, is known more for his patience and for wins at classic distances.  He recently won the prestigious 48,625-zloty Henryk DeKwitakowski Handicap at a distance equivalent to 8.6 miles, at Lodz.

"I look forward of make winnings on New York tracks and utter pwnage of Dominguez, Ramon and Lezcano, Jose," Jebac noted.  "Yes, I agree at this," said Pierdolic.  "I will throw of the bigos and kapusta at silly ride-of-race-mans like Rosario, Joel and Garcia, Alan.  York, New, here we comings!"

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

miss this guy so much
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2012, 10:43:14 PM »

Dziekuje, my friend.  Wink
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 09:10:01 AM »

Rosie had a big day yesterday at Belmont park!! She won 2 grade 1's with shanghai bobby in the champagne and in the Jamaica in an upset with King David.

You sure she should she go to New Orleans in the winter? 3 wins in NY yesterday just saying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: