Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 26, 2014, 04:12:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ODD ON EQUULEUS DQ  (Read 4923 times)
Blue Chip55

« Reply #125 on: October 01, 2012, 07:59:08 PM »

after 5 pages...the truth is spoken

well said
but it is a rule and was the correct call
all u have to is watch the race...apparetnly not everbody does
the rules were posted...and they were broken. Its ridiculous at this point
Report to moderator   Logged
coldpunch

« Reply #126 on: October 01, 2012, 08:03:31 PM »

well said

its not that black and white--they blew the call and screwed the bettors and someone who has witnessed tens of thousands of races like you have should know better than to say it was the correct call

the pocket sitter was unbothered and you refuse to acknowledge that somehow-someway for some unknown reason
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: October 01, 2012, 08:06:33 PM »

well said
It is ridiculous because the rule is the rule. I think the confusion (no pun intended), is that people dont like the rule...and they are right...but a rule is a rule.
When I had $50 win on B. Holland @ $27 at Yonkers and got taken down, I accepeted and walked away. Much like Hyman Roth walked away from Pacino in Cuba when he didnt get his suitcase of money. laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2012, 08:09:35 PM »

its not that black and white--they blew the call and screwed the bettors and someone who has witnessed tens of thousands of races like you have should know better than to say it was the correct call

the pocket sitter was unbothered and you refuse to acknowledge that somehow-someway for some unknown reason

From the article you posted the judges are saying that the 2 trailers were the ones interfered with, not gingras, or even sears.

I 100% agree that sears was the cause of the interference, but what they say is sears caused it by campbells actions on the front.

they claim they have spoken with the drivers and that helped solidify there unanimous decision.  

that was the way i seen it too.  the 6th eighth of the race was over 15 seconds.   that would be close to a rate of 31 seconds.   that is what they are basing it off of.

i hope with as much attention as this has gotten they release the interviews with the drivers after the appeal.

this will be a good one to follow.
Blue Chip55

« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2012, 08:13:29 PM »

When Yonkers took Holland down, the pocket sitter wasnt bothered either. The FIFTH horse with Manzi ran up the back of the 4th horse---Same deal. Gotta be consistent. Has nothing to do with the pocket, Thats the misconception. Confusion was caused by the leader---they dont all have to ram into each other. The rule clearly statet that. ZERO to so with Yannicks horse
Nobody likes the rule---thats fine----I have seen closer to 100,000 races Punch.......and seen this rule applied at least 20 times. Is it a bad rule.?.....the leader is taking unfair advantage of his position on the track. This isnt the t-breds where this cannot happen.
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2012, 08:17:23 PM »

When Yonkers took Holland down, the pocket sitter wasnt bothered either. The FIFTH horse with Manzi ran up the back of the 4th horse---Same deal. Gotta be consistent. Has nothing to do with the pocket, Thats the misconception. Confusion was caused by the leader---they dont all have to ram into each other. The rule clearly statet that. ZERO to so with Yannicks horse
Nobody likes the rule---thats fine----I have seen closer to 100,000 races Punch.......and seen this rule applied at least 20 times. Is it a bad rule.?.....the leader is taking unfair advantage of his position on the track. This isnt the t-breds where this cannot happen.

The part that makes it a bad rule is discretion of the judges.
If a driver were to file an objection and cite this rule they would be laughed out of the judges office, regardless of merit.

the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2012, 08:29:10 PM »

When I bet Holland on a $27 horse at YR, and he got to the top fairly easy, went fast fractions for the class, and drew off, think how I felt.
To be honest I saw inquiry go up and didnt know WTF was going on. I was at track level watching races through binocs and wasnt focussed upon some dip***sh*t manzi taking bad steps 10 lengths or so behind the front. The people that are complaining about the Lex race should watch this yonkers race, view the fractions, and what happened...it was far more ridiculous.
I feel then as I do now, the rule hurts the bettors, and it hurt me. Only difference I see is that Holland went fast for his class. Campbell was on a horse that many felt was unbeatable, so why is he jerking around? drive him like he is best.
I am never a sore loser when my driver goes down the road, drives his horse like its the best, and gets snapped, I dont fault anyone. Lets see if the connections feel the same way and JC stays on the horse next time....
coldpunch

« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2012, 08:35:29 PM »

so the fact that the judges blew the call @ Yonkers gives the idiot Lexington judges to be just as stupid?

two wrongs dont make a right--i will paste a better explanation shortly after i get permission
Blue Chip55

« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2012, 08:36:15 PM »

The part that makes it a bad rule is discretion of the judges.
If a driver were to file an objection and cite this rule they would be laughed out of the judges office, regardless of merit.

Excellent point
The reason that the rule is in place is because you are pulling sulkies----If someone tries to go around a leader sllowing things down that much---he gets parked as the leader speeds up and sacrifices himself. Is that fair ? So the pace must remain honest for a particular class . I have no problem with that

As far as a discretion issue with the judges, isnt that a problem in any sport causing all kinds of arguments. Umpires and refs are torched in every game....same for the judges here although I would agree they tend to be wrong quite often. But someone has to make the call, no ? This one was unanimous if that means anything. The back 2 horses were interfered with and both broke--well thats why the rule is there. They wont eliminate that rule so fast. Its been there at least 50 years and probably longer
Either way, Campbell simply needed to let his horse go on after the early slow pace and we wouldnt be having this discussion. But his mistakes have been endless over the last 5 years, That is not debatable
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2012, 08:37:41 PM »

http://www.harnessracing.com/news/schadtappealsdqofoddsonequuleus.html

Officially appealed.

king151

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: October 01, 2012, 08:40:17 PM »

of course it was unanimous , what do you think they would say . The presiding judge feels there was interference but the associate judges dont , so the presiding judge has the final say .
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: October 01, 2012, 08:42:03 PM »

of course it was unanimous , what do you think they would say . The presiding judge feels there was interference but the associate judges dont , so the presiding judge has the final say .

Oh come on judges disagree all the time, actually close to all the time.
king151

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: October 01, 2012, 08:42:59 PM »

Oh come on judges disagree all the time, actually close to all the time.

Im sure they do Juice , but  they wouldnt  admit that to the press .
Blue Chip55

« Reply #138 on: October 01, 2012, 08:44:23 PM »

so the fact that the judges blew the call @ Yonkers gives the idiot Lexington judges to be just as stupid?

two wrongs dont make a right--i will paste a better explanation shortly after i get permission

Its not a matter of two wrongs. I was commenting on the pockey having nothing to do with anything.  If you dont want stewards or judges, then dont bet. Its their opinion that a violation occurred and it wont be overturned ----that for sure. There are millions of inquiries ever year. Someone has to decide on what the call is, Because you or anyone disagree with that call means nothing. Its what the official sign says---and in this case I dont think they were wrong at all----and I watched the race enough times to be confident that they were right. You dont hink so ? You can argue the point for the next 10 years. Nothing will change the outcome.

In Santanas no hitter for the Mets this year....did a ball hit the chalk and was  it called foul ? How about last Monday night ?  Mistakes are made, but I think they got this one right......We have to agree to disagree. Its one of those
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: October 01, 2012, 08:46:18 PM »

IMO they have no chance winning this appeal. In any sport, you cannot appeal an Umpire, Offical, judges ruling on a "Judgement call"...and thats how they will get out of it. Now if they say a "Rule" was misinterpreted thats a different story. But right or wrong judges followed rule that has been on books many years
king151

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: October 01, 2012, 08:51:21 PM »

Exactor , I think they have zero chance of winning on appeal but  they have nothing to lose by appealing .  the call will stand as bad as it was .
jdizigg

« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2012, 08:54:59 PM »

Its not a matter of two wrongs. I was commenting on the pockey having nothing to do with anything.  If you dont want stewards or judges, then dont bet. Its their opinion that a violation occurred and it wont be overturned ----that for sure. There are millions of inquiries ever year. Someone has to decide on what the call is, Because you or anyone disagree with that call means nothing. Its what the official sign says---and in this case I dont think they were wrong at all----and I watched the race enough times to be confident that they were right. You dont hink so ? You can argue the point for the next 10 years. Nothing will change the outcome.

In Santanas no hitter for the Mets this year....did a ball hit the chalk and was  it called foul ? How about last Monday night ?  Mistakes are made, but I think they got this one right......We have to agree to disagree. Its one of those

I disagree 100 percent CP... We will agree to disagree  thumbs up
coldpunch

« Reply #142 on: October 01, 2012, 08:55:23 PM »

no doubt its one of those--and nothing can get in the way of what have despite our disagreements--i would never let the fact that you are wrong about this one and SBSW change what we share Tongue
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: October 01, 2012, 08:59:32 PM »

but I think they got this one right

And they got the Yonkers DQ wrong.

Is that what you are saying?
Blue Chip55

« Reply #144 on: October 01, 2012, 08:59:52 PM »

Exactor , I think they have zero chance of winning on appeal but  they have nothing to lose by appealing .  the call will stand as bad as it was .

Appeals are never upheld once payments are made at the windows, you would have a zillion false claims made that people had the winner and litigation etc.....the small win pools would have 1000x that in claims.

The tracks are not going to deal with that mess. Those of you who recall The Derby Dancers Image story know that might have been the only time it ever happened. Totally different circumstances and years in the courts before a decision was made. This will be thrown right out. Its like appealing a bseball game
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: October 01, 2012, 09:00:07 PM »

Do you guys remember the George Brett appeal? That Jerkoff umpire Tim Mclelland (who is still in MLB today wrecking games), made an incorrect ruling after Brett hit a 450+ ft. HR. He interpretted pine tar to be above the bat label and he called Brett out. Royals appealed, won, and came back to NY to finish an inning or so of the game. In this case it was not "Judgement". This jerk McClellend messed up the rule itself, and couldnt call a player OUT for the pine tar above the label.
So these Lex judges whether we like ruling or not, made a judgement NOT a rule mistake.
Blue Chip55

« Reply #146 on: October 01, 2012, 09:04:43 PM »

Do you guys remember the George Brett appeal? That Jerkoff umpire Tim Mclelland (who is still in MLB today wrecking games), made an incorrect ruling after Brett hit a 450+ ft. HR. He interpretted pine tar to be above the bat label and he called Brett out. Royals appealed, won, and came back to NY to finish an inning or so of the game. In this case it was not "Judgement". This jerk McClellend messed up the rule itself, and couldnt call a player OUT for the pine tar above the label.
So these Lex judges whether we like ruling or not, made a judgement NOT a rule mistake.

McClelland is still a nightmare. Brutal
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: October 01, 2012, 09:10:23 PM »

The owners have already "bothered" and started the appeal process
Used the word bother because of who the Owner is...Dana Parham...Would not have used it if was anyone else.
harrylare

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: October 01, 2012, 09:14:09 PM »

Here is my 2 cents. After watching it over and over and over etc. Sears was going to pull and misjudged the outer flow the#6 on the outside forcing him to stay inside and run up on Gingras #1.
It's a ridiculous rule.
Next time while driving someone slows down in front of you and you rear end them use this as a defense. I want to be there, I love a good laugh.
TheRedMile

« Reply #149 on: October 01, 2012, 09:19:21 PM »

Here is my 2 cents. After watching it over and over and over etc. Sears was going to pull and misjudged the outer flow the#6 on the outside forcing him to stay inside and run up on Gingras #1.
It's a ridiculous rule.
Next time while driving someone slows down in front of you and you rear end them use this as a defense. I want to be there, I love a good laugh.

finally a honest accounting of what happened !
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: