Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 02, 2014, 12:21:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ODD ON EQUULEUS DQ  (Read 4631 times)
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2012, 08:50:08 AM »

pig has a horse ever set down in front of the field in ur blacksmith shop???
Report to moderator   Logged
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2012, 09:06:38 AM »

"Old school" people would tell you...1.) If on the front in the last turn on a mile track you "rest" your horse if possible....and 2.) If you feel your momentum being stopped or slowed, THAT'S WHAT THE RIGHT LINE IS FOR. I didnt see the race nor did I bet it, but I can tell you, a "slowing the pace" DQ is obnoxious for the judges (and usually a second 1/4) at the very least and flat out ignorant (and likely criminal) at the most. Under NO POSSIBLE circumstance where the entire field isnt running over the horse in front of them would there be a reason to DQ anyone.

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
PURPLE LAVERN

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2012, 09:14:39 AM »

Totally shocking DQ

If you watch Canada racing at Woodbine or Mohawk , you regularly see 26 first quarters followed by 55 & change halves....

Why can't Harness racing have a camera & mic in the judges room so people can see what goes into making a Dq of this nature..Its a little bit like OZ..
don't pay attention to what is behind the curtain..

I think all of us as horsey players have been takin down or put up at one time or another- some just leave us scratching our heads
stone162

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2012, 09:40:07 AM »

In response to Mitchy on the previous page.   The difference was the way the pace was slowed.

Campbell abruptly took up where in the other races the pace was evenly slowed.

The result was no jamming of the field.

Whether it was the pocket horse or the horse 5th on the wood, if you sit down in front of the field and cause confusion you are in violation of the rules.

Not debatable.

You are funny.........remember a few months back when you threw a fit because someone was DQ'ed at Yonkers for the same reason...........what is different in this case?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh? Nothing, the quarters were not slow and he did not abruptly jam up the field.......funny how you can see it one way when its a driver you like but if it a guy that you bash on here its a DQ........try not to talk out of both sides of your mouth because when you do all we can smell is chit
Robat

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2012, 10:19:41 AM »

No Yannick being slowed was a result of the leader.   

And I 110% agree on the 28.4 not being slow.   Like I said as well as the judges.   It was the way the quarter was slowed.

I tried to time the race with a stopwatch which isn't the most accurate.   The first 1/8 of that 3rd quarter was about 13.42.   The second 1/8 was 15.44.   Which totals 28.4 (fifths).   

It was the abrupt slowing that was the issue, not the actual time.

You are right.. No way you can look at the full 1/4 time.   Yannick was on the ball and didn`t get caught, Sears did get caught and nearly ran over Yannick..  They have to be very careful with JC on top...
Blue Chip55

« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2012, 10:22:23 AM »

You are right.. No way you can look at the full 1/4 time.   Yannick was on the ball and didn`t get caught, Sears did get caught and nearly ran over Yannick..  They have to be very careful with JC on top...

Very careful indeed
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2012, 11:59:46 AM »

I agree and here is the section of the rule book sent to me by a "friend" within the Kentucky Racing Commission.

811 KAR 1:075. Racing and track rules.

RELATES TO: KRS 230.215, 230.260(1), 230.280, 230.290(2), (3), 230.300, 230.310, 230.320

STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 230.215(2), 230.260(3), 230.320(1)

NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 230.215(2) and 230.260(3) authorize the Authority to promulgate administrative regulations prescribing the conditions under which horse racing shall be conducted in Kentucky. KRS 230.320(1) authorizes the Authority to promulgate administrative regulations setting out the conditions under which licenses may be denied, revoked, or suspended. EO 2008-668, effective July 3, 2008, abolished the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority and established the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission. This administrative regulation establishes track rules and requirements concerning proper conduct.

Section 1. A leading horse shall be entitled to any part of the track. After selecting a position in the home stretch, a driver of a horse shall not do any of the following things, which shall be considered violation of driving rules:

(1) Change either to the right or left during any part of the race if another horse is so near the driver that in altering positions, the driver compels the horse behind to shorten strides, or causes the driver of any other horse to pull the horse out of his stride;

(2) Jostle, strike, hook wheels, or interfere with another horse or driver;

(3) Cross sharply in front of a horse or cross over in front of a field of horses in a reckless manner, endangering other drivers;

(4) Swerve in and out or pull up quickly;

(5) Crowd a horse or driver by "putting a wheel under him";

(6) "Carry a horse out" or "sit down in front of him", take up abruptly in front of other horses so as to cause confusion or interference among the trailing horses, or do any other act which constitutes "helping";

(7) Allow a horse to pass inside needlessly or otherwise help another horse to improve its position in the race;

(8) Lay off a normal pace and leave a hole if it is well within the horse's capacity to keep the hole closed;

(9) Commit an act which impedes the progress of another horse or causes the horse to "break";

(10) Change course after selecting a position in the home stretch and swerve in or out, or bear in or out, in a manner which interferes with another horse or causes the horse to change course or take back;

(11) Drive in a careless or reckless manner or fail to maintain reasonable control of the horse at all times during the race;

(12) Whip under the arch of the sulky;

(13) Cross the inside limits of the course;

(14) Fail to set or maintain a pace comparable to the class being raced, including traveling an excessively slow quarter or any other distance that changes the normal pattern, overall timing, or general outcome of the race; or

(15) Kick a horse. Removal of a foot from the stirrups in and of itself shall not constitute the act of kicking.

Bold, and then italics and underlining of the actual issue at hand here.

For King151 "eYe beA noINg DiS RuLEz is stOOpiT, bUt iT's KnOT MadDEd bYE mE!".

Nonetheless, if we want the rule changed someone needs to go through the red tape and get it rewritten...

But sometimes just following the rules is easier then debating them...

Again this is why the other races no one was DQed...there was no foul.

king151

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2012, 12:12:02 PM »

http://www.harnessracing.com/news/sunbackstretchwithgordoncontroversy.html

Juice I have never debated the rule . I believe in certain case it has merit but not here . feel free to click on the link to read the reaction from KY.
king151

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2012, 12:13:50 PM »

If you read the link and read the thread here , I am not the only one who thinks it was an absurd ruling . But yet you and cpw have made it about me against you guys .
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2012, 12:30:43 PM »

If you read the link and read the thread here , I am not the only one who thinks it was an absurd ruling . But yet you and cpw have made it about me against you guys .

No I am attempting to make it about you verses the rule as written.

It is 100% clear that he abruptly took up.   The fractional times show it, as well as my timing of the 3rd quarter.   (I encourage you to do the same).   You will note that the breaks occurred during that abrupt slowing of the pace.

Campbell did what he needed to win.   I agree with that.   But you just can't do that with the current rules.

You are calling the ruling absurd when in fact you should be calling the rule absurd.   The ruling was correct and was unanimous by 3 impartial judges.

Let's not make this personal and try to stick with the facts.
jdizigg

« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2012, 12:42:25 PM »

No I am attempting to make it about you verses the rule as written.

It is 100% clear that he abruptly took up.   The fractional times show it, as well as my timing of the 3rd quarter.   (I encourage you to do the same).   You will note that the breaks occurred during that abrupt slowing of the pace.

Campbell did what he needed to win.   I agree with that.   But you just can't do that with the current rules.

You are calling the ruling absurd when in fact you should be calling the rule absurd.   The ruling was correct and was unanimous by 3 impartial judges.

Let's not make this personal and try to stick with the facts.

ALL THREE JUDGES WERE WRONG AND F***** UP IN MY OPINION.  When they charted the race they didnt even show any interference...These are green 2yr olds all of them arent push button start and stop horses....It was the wrong call and a terrible one IMO.

http://www.drf.com/news/bergman-judges-got-it-wrong-odds-equuleus-disqualification
Blue Chip55

« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2012, 12:50:18 PM »

I agree and here is the section of the rule book sent to me by a "friend" within the Kentucky Racing Commission.

Nonetheless, if we want the rule changed someone needs to go through the red tape and get it rewritten...

Thank you for posting this. Unanimous call . Interesting.
Good job juice
Blue Chip55

« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2012, 12:51:13 PM »

Thanks for posting this decisison. Unanimous call. Good job Juice
Blue Chip55

« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2012, 12:55:12 PM »

http://www.harnessracing.com/news/sunbackstretchwithgordoncontroversy.html

Juice I have never debated the rule . I believe in certain case it has merit but not here . feel free to click on the link to read the reaction from KY.

They have no say. Unanimous call speaks volumes
Maybe its time to move on. The rules were upheld
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2012, 01:13:14 PM »

THE RULEING IS CORRECT ,THE RULE IS AWFUL
king151

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2012, 01:34:12 PM »

http://www.drf.com/news/bergman-judges-got-it-wrong-odds-equuleus-disqualification

I couldnt get the link to show from drf.com maybe it will come up now
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 01:36:47 PM by king151 » Report to moderator   Logged
king151

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2012, 01:37:52 PM »

Now i got it to work , this is the story from the daily racing form, good reading .
Pius soho

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2012, 01:45:35 PM »

THE RULEING IS CORRECT ,THE RULE IS AWFUL

after 5 pages...the truth is spoken

newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2012, 01:45:41 PM »

Is this one that can be appealed for imo, abruptly...and numerous other words are subject to discretion by the judges..As such, would the owners bother with the legal challenges availble to them if in fact they feel they were aggrieved by the Judges ?
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: October 01, 2012, 01:53:27 PM »

I tried to stay out of this, but because there are a few people posting in this thread that have a clue I will say what I saw.

The only way you are supposed to be DQed for this "violation" is if you cause a chain reaction that causes confusion among trailing horses or commit an act that impedes the progress of another horse.

A chain reaction is just that a continuous chain of interference that causes trailing horses to break or be compromised

The horse in the 2 hole was not affected whatsoever (because he wasnt riding half in half out like Sears and not paying attention) therefore the "chain was broken" and Campbell is not at fault in any way....The horse in the 3 hole started the chain reaction by running up on Yannick's back and should have been the one who was DQed......The call was complete bullshit and not at all covered in the rule.....Its almost impossible to win on appeal but I think they will
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 02:16:02 PM by HarnessFanDE » Report to moderator   Logged

SHOWTIME!!!
mitcky

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2012, 02:03:23 PM »

Is this one that can be appealed for imo, abruptly...and numerous other words are subject to discretion by the judges..As such, would the owners bother with the legal challenges availble to them if in fact they feel they were aggrieved by the Judges ?

The owners have already "bothered" and started the appeal process
coldpunch

« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2012, 06:24:53 PM »

I tried to stay out of this, but because there are a few people posting in this thread that have a clue I will say what I saw.

The only way you are supposed to be DQed for this "violation" is if you cause a chain reaction that causes confusion among trailing horses or commit an act that impedes the progress of another horse.

A chain reaction is just that a continuous chain of interference that causes trailing horses to break or be compromised

The horse in the 2 hole was not affected whatsoever (because he wasnt riding half in half out like Sears and not paying attention) therefore the "chain was broken" and Campbell is not at fault in any way....The horse in the 3 hole started the chain reaction by running up on Yannick's back and should have been the one who was DQed......The call was complete bullshit and not at all covered in the rule.....Its almost impossible to win on appeal but I think they will

finally somebody who saw the same race i did--thank you , Sir--you explained that the pocket sitter wasnt adversely affected and theres your answer--Sears was playing games and ran up on Yannick--so they DQd Campbell
MR.DALRAE

« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2012, 06:34:52 PM »

I TOTALLY AGREE
king151

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2012, 08:07:22 PM »

finally somebody who saw the same race i did--thank you , Sir--you explained that the pocket sitter wasnt adversely affected and theres your answer--Sears was playing games and ran up on Yannick--so they DQd Campbell

Punch , I have been saying that for 3 days , Sears was at fault . The only time Yannick was bothered was when Sears ducked back in and ran up on his wheel .
coldpunch

« Reply #124 on: October 01, 2012, 08:39:29 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: