Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 08:37:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ODD ON EQUULEUS DQ  (Read 4779 times)
BEAVER VAN PELT

Ignore
« on: September 30, 2012, 12:54:54 AM »

I didnt see the race at the Red Mile tonite, but my Facebook is all abuzz about his DQ. Some are calling it an injustice and the worst call in Red Mile history. Others have said a debacle, and insinuated the judges may have been betting.

Barn members, any more info. to add ?

horse shoe
Report to moderator   Logged

"NOBODY HAS W-2G NUMBERS LIKE ME... THUS, AN EXCLUSIVE INVITATION FROM TVG/BIG M TO COMPETE IN THE 2009/2010/2011 NHHC TOURNAMENT"; ALSO, ASK ME ABOUT REBATE$...
Blue Chip55

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 01:02:17 AM »

I didnt see the race at the Red Mile tonite, but my Facebook is all abuzz about his DQ. Some are calling it an injustice and the worst call in Red Mile history. Others have said a debacle, and insinuated the judges may have been betting.

Barn members, any more info. to add ?

horse shoe

Was discussed and several members including Juice Junkies said he should come down as they crossed the wire. His 29 flat 3rd quarter bottled up the entire field causing all kinds of confusion through the field. Campbell slammed on the breaks. The rules prohibit that. The call was 100% correct
BEAVER VAN PELT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 01:20:10 AM »

Time:  29.0 56.0  (27.0) 1:24.4  (28.4) 1:51.2  (26.3)

horse shoe

"NOBODY HAS W-2G NUMBERS LIKE ME... THUS, AN EXCLUSIVE INVITATION FROM TVG/BIG M TO COMPETE IN THE 2009/2010/2011 NHHC TOURNAMENT"; ALSO, ASK ME ABOUT REBATE$...
Blue Chip55

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 01:26:36 AM »

Time:  29.0 56.0  (27.0) 1:24.4  (28.4) 1:51.2  (26.3)

horse shoe

Notice the third quarter is 2 seconds slower than the second. If you watch-- the field was terribly jammed up. Horses have come down often for this. He took unfair advantage when he could have opened up daylight. It was an idiotic drive
Blue Chip55

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 01:29:20 AM »

If he can come home in 26 and change, why bring him to a dead stop in that third quarter. This isnt the t-breds. The call was right
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 01:30:56 AM by Central Park West » Report to moderator   Logged
doubledigetman

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 02:08:13 AM »

Terrible call ...  The owners will win this appeal

the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 02:27:44 AM »

If he can come home in 26 and change, why bring him to a dead stop in that third quarter. This isnt the t-breds. The call was right
If he drove the horse correctly he would have gone a faster 3rd quarter putting more seperation between him and his rivals. By slowing the 3rd quarter to a halt and bottling up the field he caused his horse to lose all chance...bad drive
Slowing a quarter down such as that is terrible strategy anyway because it allows your rival to be closer to you and then anything can happen
Vegas

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 06:10:52 AM »

He knew he made a mistake when he did it~~Guy's been around too long to try pulling that fairgrounds bull shlt.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 06:14:05 AM by Vegas » Report to moderator   Logged

I trust no one, not even myself~~
sulkyfromouterspace

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 06:35:36 AM »

geezer  What in the wide wide wide wide world of sports is going on here?Huh??        horse horse horse horse horse trotter           clocker

Bet with Integrity .....Bet with Gural !
mitcky

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 07:46:41 AM »

Was discussed and several members including Juice Junkies said he should come down as they crossed the wire. His 29 flat 3rd quarter bottled up the entire field causing all kinds of confusion through the field. Campbell slammed on the breaks. The rules prohibit that. The call was 100% correct

CPW-then why wasn't Pet Rock disqualified for going a 57+ half with the top 3 year olds. I would suggest that Bolt trains faster than that.  By the way, Bolt went a 29 second quarter.
doubledigetman

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 07:55:16 AM »

CPW-then why wasn't Pet Rock disqualified for going a 57+ half with the top 3 year olds. I would suggest that Bolt trains faster than that.  By the way, Bolt went a 29 second quarter.
  thumbs up
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 07:58:38 AM »

I THINK IT WAS THE SUDDEN BREAKING IN THE MIDDLE OF THAT 1/4
dinkadoo

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 08:00:40 AM »

Race 3  Fool Me Once --- won   2nd quarter    3rd quarter   Final Quarter
                                                    27.4              30.0            27.0

Race 9  Fresh Me Fast -- won   1st  qtr              2nd qtr          3rd qtr
                                                  27.3                29.0            27.3

It happens all the time,  and don't get fixated on time as above examples show no problems. It's the manner of how you slow the fractions down.......

There's a difference between backing a quarter down and jamming them... Haven't seen the replay yet, will watch them this afternoon rooting for the Bengals.
king151

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 08:00:53 AM »

It was a totally brutal call but  you will never hear it from a few posters here because it dosnt meet their  platform that Campbell is washed up . If that was Sears or Tetrick you would have never heard the end of it .  Juice and Cpw would have called the judges at The Red Mile as soon as it was announced . Campbell had a big night and all they said last night was EVERY RACE fell apart for him to win .
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 08:02:55 AM »

Take a look at this race at Yonkers where Second hand News was DQed for slowing down the pace

http://replays.robertsstream.com/racereplays/playf_llnw.php?customer=YonkersRaceway&t=1341030907&h=39e329d9e68636755061337ffaa8015d&url=201206292115YON7

Similar situation but  different response from CPW and I quote

"Sending nasty e-mails  as we speak
Told them in one e-mail I would be cancelling a Juice Junky apperance that I was curently coordinating. Said that would cost them 50 people which is 75% of their attndance. In another I threatened a class action law suit"

I have lost all respect for this guy.
king151

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 08:04:49 AM »

I THINK IT WAS THE SUDDEN BREAKING IN THE MIDDLE OF THAT 1/4

Pig I think you are correct .  But if you watch Yannick was never UP JOHNS BACK . Sears started to come and ducked back in suddenly .  Maybe he ducked as the pace slowed but he ran up the horse in front of his outside wheel. You would think the horse that would be most directly bothered would have been Yannick . But at no point did Yannick ever get up on Johns back.
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 08:05:31 AM »

You cannot jam up the field.
Campbell slammed the breaks caused confusion and breakers behind him.

Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 08:11:08 AM »

Isn't that what happened in the Yonkers race and yet you cried blue murder and wanted the heads of the judges on a platter.
king151

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 08:12:22 AM »

Juice can you please answer this with a straight answer ?  Was Yannick running over Johns back when the horses in the backfield were scattering ?
Claiming King

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 08:22:06 AM »

If he drove the horse correctly he would have gone a faster 3rd quarter putting more seperation between him and his rivals. By slowing the 3rd quarter to a halt and bottling up the field he caused his horse to lose all chance...bad drive
Slowing a quarter down such as that is terrible strategy anyway because it allows your rival to be closer to you and then anything can happen

That would make a lot more sense if he hadn't actually won the race. I've seen a horse taken down before for a "slow quarter" but it hasn't happened often. If this was someone other than Campbell a bunch of you would be saying that it was a fantastic well-rated drive. I don't understand the slow quarter rule and never have. The guys that should be fined are the guys that failed to press the leader.
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 08:25:53 AM »

Juice can you please answer this with a straight answer ?  Was Yannick running over Johns back when the horses in the backfield were scattering ?

Yannick did an excellent job reacting.  He didn't run up.
another split second longer on his reaction though and someone prolly dies.

That's the reason for the rule.
mitcky

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 08:31:50 AM »

That would make a lot more sense if he hadn't actually won the race. I've seen a horse taken down before for a "slow quarter" but it hasn't happened often. If this was someone other than Campbell a bunch of you would be saying that it was a fantastic well-rated drive. I don't understand the slow quarter rule and never have. The guys that should be fined are the guys that failed to press the leader.

Have you ever seen it in a stakes race for 2 year olds?
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 08:36:29 AM »

juice ur a douche!!  if anybody is at fault its sears
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 08:40:15 AM »

juice ur a douche!!  if anybody is at fault its sears
MAYBE YOU SHOULD CALL OUT THE JUDGES
king151

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 08:41:42 AM »

I have just spent the last 10 mins watching the replay of the incident . The horse that caused it was deffinately Sears . The only time  yannick reacted was when Sears was starting to come and got up his wheel . Yannick never reacted in the least until Sears was on top of him . Brian started to come and ducked back in , now  maybe he was  ducking back in as john was putting the breaks on . But yannicks reaction does it for me .
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: