Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 28, 2014, 06:03:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not Really OT but Still a Rumor. I hope!  (Read 932 times)
pamwaggy

Ignore
« on: September 29, 2012, 09:40:06 PM »

I'd like to know what anybody here would think of this or had anything like this happen where you bet.  And does anyone think this is possible.

We come into the OTB today and see two people behind the lines that are never there.  Right there I knew something was up.  Then I hear the FBI was there this week.

Seems a couple (two of the nicest people you would ever meet!)  were being investigated for something to do about counterfit $100 bills.  I will not believe this.

No one is forthcoming with details.  Does this happen with tellers and tote people?  (again, I don't know the details yet)

These two people have never been "shady" in any way!
Report to moderator   Logged
coldpunch

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 09:44:14 PM »

gambling operations are less likely to check for the "water mark"--esp many elderly tellers who have worked for 40 years or more

a way to launder fake bills--but a lowlife way of living
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 09:58:33 PM »

So, I hope, that means they could be innocent.  I always put my 100 dollar bills through the machine!  Wouldn't a teller be suspect if one uses a $100 bill for betting with them?  And double check?
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 10:31:40 PM »

Lots of people use large bills to bet. Tracks and bars are the easiest places to break large bills, because they almost always have change.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 10:05:34 PM »

Wow.  I heard the scoop today.  I will leave that alone because I still cannot believe it. 
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 03:07:43 PM »

Say what?

I had some sucker pas a 20 counterfeit to me in the city I remembered who it was Tao differ well it was dark in a Bar but they busted him next time he came we had a silent panic button to sf pd I even bought the putz a drink and he had no time to take one swallow the coppers had his azz

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
vegas jay

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 04:44:29 AM »

I'd like to know what anybody here would think of this or had anything like this happen where you bet.  And does anyone think this is possible.

We come into the OTB today and see two people behind the lines that are never there.  Right there I knew something was up.  Then I hear the FBI was there this week.

Seems a couple (two of the nicest people you would ever meet!)  were being investigated for something to do about counterfit $100 bills.  I will not believe this.

No one is forthcoming with details.  Does this happen with tellers and tote people?  (again, I don't know the details)

These two people have never been "shady" in any way!

Honest people can pass counterfeit bills simply because the bills were passed on to them and they didn't have the knowledge of how to spot a phony bill. It happens all the time. Any of us could possibly have a counterfeit bill in our possession right now.
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 06:58:44 AM »

I was thinking the same thing Vegas Jay.  The only way they are arresting that guy in that immediate style would be if he was a known counterfeiter or had a wallet full of phony money.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 11:10:34 AM »

Honest people can pass counterfeit bills simply because the bills were passed on to them and they didn't have the knowledge of how to spot a phony bill. It happens all the time. Any of us could possibly have a counterfeit bill in our possession right now.

Sure is what if the just sold a large price item and were paid with balognes bills?

APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 03:01:49 PM »

Sure is what if the just sold a large price item and were paid with balognes bills?

What are balognes bills?  Same thing as bogus bills?
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 03:14:57 PM »

What are balognes bills?  Same thing as bogus bills?

Yep same thing, u ever told some one telling fibs they are full of baloney ?

pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 04:25:07 PM »

Not a rumor anymore.  Wow.  Lot's of money gone. One person with it.  Why aren't there better checks and balances.  Only one person handling the money.  I would have have believed it.  No one would if they knew that person. 

I wonder if tellers get into too much betting.  Must be a hard thing NOT to do when you are there every day and see people get those signers.  Maybe take a little out here and pay it back there, and then it gets out of hand?
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 09:05:11 AM »

I have been told of trainers that had tellers make bets for them and then had problems paying the tellers money box back

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: