Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 24, 2014, 01:01:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Casey Leonard attempts to measure off win - and LOSES  (Read 1938 times)
mo doc n

« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2012, 09:18:13 AM »

I just got in and turned on Maywood even though I'm not betting. Race 6 Leonard sits like a statue and gets nailed at the line. Announcer even mentioned Leonard "sitting chilly" down the lane. He looked like he thought he couldn't lose but got beat by an inch. Un*******believable. Check out the replay when it's available.

I'm curious to know if anyone has pulled up any other videos on this horse , maybe he runs or backs up when you go to the whip. The Leonards have a 100 acre farm and have been in this business forever , why jeopardize your career over one race. I know Casey personally and can tell you fixing a race is the furthest thing from his mind so IMO this is all just  BSmeter
Report to moderator   Logged
IRA

« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2012, 09:41:51 AM »

CASEY WOULD NOT BE INVOLVED IN ANY  BSmeter. GOOD GUY , DOESNT ABUSE HORSES , LOTS OF GUYS COME TO THE WIRE LIKE THAT EVERY NIGHT. WANTED TO WIN.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2012, 10:40:03 AM »

CASEY WOULD NOT BE INVOLVED IN ANY  BSmeter. GOOD GUY , DOESNT ABUSE HORSES , LOTS OF GUYS COME TO THE WIRE LIKE THAT EVERY NIGHT. WANTED TO WIN.

Are you saying that Casey Leonard is trying to win EVERY race he's in?
IRA

« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2012, 11:01:48 AM »

Im saying he would not be involved with any kind of race fix. That he was trying to keep a young horse in n.w. of one he would not turn for home on the lead at maywood.everybody in this bizz.  Races some horses in the same class for fear they wont do in the next level. I dont like it.but fact.  Anyway he didnt do that
sulkyfromouterspace

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2012, 12:44:06 PM »

The announcer even said...He was "Sitting Chilly".....     He can sitt and chill in his recliner at home.....when he is not working.    On the track he needs to show an effort to win a race..... He clearly did not......Maywood knows about the incident....   Let them figure it out..   

Sulky
 trotter

Bet with Integrity .....Bet with Gural !
clubhouse

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2012, 02:39:30 PM »

sarcasm
I heard management gave him 100 tapes of races won by Buddy Gilmour to watch so he can get it done right the next time.
Split Rivals

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2012, 05:22:45 PM »

I'm curious to know if anyone has pulled up any other videos on this horse , maybe he runs or backs up when you go to the whip. The Leonards have a 100 acre farm and have been in this business forever , why jeopardize your career over one race. I know Casey personally and can tell you fixing a race is the furthest thing from his mind so IMO this is all just  BSmeter

Diamond said he's seen other races with this horse and he does respond to urging. This horse was a LOCK WINNER with any encouragement at all and you just don't see this which is why it sticks out. The announcer couldn't believe what he was seeing and neither could I. Pull that down the lane at the Meadowlands and see what happens.
mo doc n

« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2012, 06:28:41 PM »

Diamond said he's seen other races with this horse and he does respond to urging. This horse was a LOCK WINNER with any encouragement at all and you just don't see this which is why it sticks out. The announcer couldn't believe what he was seeing and neither could I. Pull that down the lane at the Meadowlands and see what happens.

Diamond does not watch replays or horses to well or he may need glasses

watch the replay on 9/7 - 14th race , he goes 3 wide and never used his whip the whole way
watch the replay in the slop on 9/21 - 6th race sits in and comes up the open stretch - never used the whip

diamond is just salty because his horse ran with Leonard on him - next case
IRA

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2012, 12:39:59 AM »

my son drove this horse and won.  told me this is not a horse you want to hit with the whip. the horse dont need it. he said casey did the right thing.
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2012, 01:58:09 AM »

Bottom line he didnt drive his horse out to the wire and for THAT something should be done!

I agree... Drivers have an obligation to drive to win.....  It appeared from the TV angle that he did not see a horse coming 3 wide....  BUT.. I do not think he even wanted to see the horse coming 3 wide..... (playing dumb)....  
He needed to make an effort for the public....  just the fact so many people are questioning this drive means the track should look into this stiff drive.....
 and they will !!!!

Sulky
 trotter

I think you can make a case that the driver's first obligation is to the owner. The owner employs the driver and maybe that owner didnt want his horse beaten up with the whip, especially since the horse was pacing as fast as he could coming down to the line. There's no proof that the horse wins or goes faster by being struck with the whip and you can even make the case that if the guy hits the horse, the horse would have sulked and went slower.
sulkyfromouterspace

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2012, 03:28:00 AM »

I am not a judge,,,,,  all we can do is notify the track that it appeared a driver gave no effort....   "sitting chilly" was described by the announcer....  I am not a fan of excessive whipping either.....will be interesting to watch the horses next race....I don't think we will solve anything here.   Nothing compared to the Allan Davis video.

Sulky
 trotter

sulkyfromouterspace

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2012, 02:52:19 PM »

***UPDATE***

Race Secretary of Maywood Duke Johnston will call Casey Leonard into the office and discuss the race.   Duke said he was tapping the horse ....and he did disagree with no-effort.....BUT,,,he did reply to me....and I respect that..... I did also mention the announcer said he was "sitting chilly".

Good Job people....

Sulky
 trotter

supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2012, 03:20:00 PM »

***UPDATE***

Race Secretary of Maywood Duke Johnston will call Casey Leonard into the office and discuss the race.   Duke said he was tapping the horse ....and he did disagree with no-effort.....BUT,,,he did reply to me....and I respect that..... I did also mention the announcer said he was "sitting chilly".

Good Job people....

Sulky
 trotter

AND the BOTTOM line is NOTHING will happen. Tracks want slots-NOTHING else. NO BAD publicity. NO suspensions for lack of effort-NO fines for almost anything. Get the broom out. It's open season in Illinois. Call Lou Pena. He'd be welcome here.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2012, 03:22:30 PM »

my son drove this horse and won.  told me this is not a horse you want to hit with the whip. the horse dont need it. he said casey did the right thing.

LOTS of horses don't "need" it, but they get it anyway. This wasn't for just a 5th place check-it was for the WIN.
sulkyfromouterspace

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2012, 03:25:46 PM »

AND the BOTTOM line is NOTHING will happen. Tracks want slots-NOTHING else. NO BAD publicity. NO suspensions for lack of effort-NO fines for almost anything. Get the broom out. It's open season in Illinois. Call Lou Pena. He'd be welcome here

Judging by the lenghtly e mail Duke sent me I believe he will talk with Mr leonard...  If nothing happens..ok....    at least track management replied to a email.... As long as you are professional and not abusive....tracks will listen to you....  this is not a smoking gun of a major violation.... but I do think the driver should of made more of an effort...    ohhh well...On to the next....    

Sulky
 trotter    

pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2012, 03:27:52 PM »

AND the BOTTOM line is NOTHING will happen. Tracks want slots-NOTHING else. NO BAD publicity. NO suspensions for lack of effort-NO fines for almost anything. Get the broom out. It's open season in Illinois. Call Lou Pena. He'd be welcome here

Judging by the lenghtly e mail Duke sent me I believe he will talk with Mr leonard...  If nothing happens..ok....    at least track management replied to a email.... As long as you are professional and not abusive....tracks will listen to you....  this is not a smoking gun of a major violation.... but I do think the driver should of made more of an effort...    ohhh well...On to the next....    

Sulky
 trotter    
ARE YOU SAYING THEY DIDNT EVEN NOTICE THIS DRIVE UNTIL YOU POINTED IT OUT?
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2012, 03:29:40 PM »

Because in Chicago, they allow this to happen on a regular basis. There is NO jeopardizing a career in Chicago. Nothing will happen. There have been stables that do this religiously. And many can tell you the names of those stables.Nothing ever happened to ANY of those stables. Including the Leonards(And I know the Leonards did not train this particular horse). Very picky about the "spots" they pick to actually try to win. Looked to me like he just blew the drive. NOT good for anyone who actually wagered on him. Some sort of "reminder" should be in order.
sulkyfromouterspace

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2012, 03:35:52 PM »

That seems to be the case Pigland .  The thing that got me was the announcer actually saying..."sitting chilly"...  I could care less that he is a nice guy...and has a string of polo ponies...lol I digress...I love the honeymooners....     He did not show any emotion that he wanted this horse to win ....The horse carried him across the finish line....    They will talk to him and tell him to stop sleeping .... the public noticed it......he will get the point...

Sulky
 trotter

supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2012, 03:38:51 PM »

They don't WANT to notice ANYTHING. THEY WANT SLOTS.
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2012, 03:40:37 PM »

That seems to be the case Pigland .  The thing that got me was the announcer actually saying..."sitting chilly"...  I could care less that he is a nice guy...and has a string of polo ponies...lol I digress...I love the honeymooners....     He did not show any emotion that he wanted this horse to win ....The horse carried him across the finish line....    They will talk to him and tell him to stop sleeping .... the public noticed it......he will get the point...

Sulky
 trotter
MAYBE AFTER THE RACES THESE JUDGES SHOULD READ THE FOURMS AND SEE WHAT THE CUSTOMERS SEE DURING THE RACES!!!!
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2012, 03:42:24 PM »

Judges don't care either. They are told what to do by management. Plus they get their FREE dinner every night.
diamond

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2012, 08:59:23 PM »

watch the replay on 9/7 - 14th race , he goes 3 wide and never used his whip the whole way
watch the replay in the slop on 9/21 - 6th race sits in and comes up the open stretch - never used the whip

Your braindead moron. They stopped hitting the horse in his last 3 races because the piece of shit kept breaking. Did deeper fool, 5 starts back the horse was whipped all the way to the wire from the 1 hole to beat Shaska. The horse bang head wears ear plugs now. When he beat Shaska that night he clearly responded to the whip you idiot. You know nothing about the business Mo Doc In! Get your facts straight and watch more replays stupid!
diamond

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2012, 09:46:58 PM »

Everyone watch last race at Maywood on August 17th. Casey Leonard whips Joey Lee Macdavid all the way down the stretch and he responds very GAMELY!!!! Your full of stupidity Mo Doc N. You don't know this business very well!!!! trophy
mo doc n

« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2012, 05:29:34 AM »

Everyone watch last race at Maywood on August 17th. Casey Leonard whips Joey Lee Macdavid all the way down the stretch and he responds very GAMELY!!!! Your full of stupidity Mo Doc N. You don't know this business very well!!!! trophy

WHATEVER ***
mo doc n

« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2012, 05:53:23 AM »

WHATEVER ***

someone hacked my account
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: