Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 10:33:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Casey Leonard attempts to measure off win - and LOSES  (Read 1884 times)
Split Rivals

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2012, 09:16:54 AM »

This horse gets a rise from noise. He wears earplugs. All Leonard had to do was crack the shaft a couple of times and he wins. Watch his other races on Maywood.com and you will see he does get game when urged!!!!

Agree 100%. Watch Roberts on his horse and how he responds. If Leonard starts working on his horse off the turn like Rocket always does when he's on the point then they don't get near him. The public got hosed big-time because Leonard thinks he knows where the wire is and he apparently does NOT.
Report to moderator   Logged
sulkyfromouterspace

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2012, 09:19:36 AM »

Done !

I sent a letter off to Maywood Track management...

I believe this driver did not drive to win....  Lets see what the track says.....

I do believe the fans of maywood should get an explanation....

Hi Duke, 

I would ask that you look into race 6 on Friday Night.  It appears that driver Casey Leonard did not fully drive his horse to the finish.  Past races have proven the horse "responds" to urging.    You can clearly see in the stretch that the driver gave no effort at all.  I represent several fans of Maywood that just would like you're opinion on this race.

Looking foward to you're reply

Sulky
 trotter

Bet with Integrity .....Bet with Gural !
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2012, 09:21:40 AM »

Done !

I sent a letter off to Maywood Track management...

I believe this driver did not drive to win....  Lets see what the track says.....

I do believe the fans of maywood should get an explanation....

Hi Duke, 

I would ask that you look into race 6 on Friday Night.  It appears that driver Casey Leonard did not fully drive his horse to the finish.  Past races have proven the horse "responds" to urging.    You can clearly see in the stretch that the driver gave no effort at all.  I represent several fans of Maywood that just would like you're opinion on this race.

Looking foward to you're reply

Sulky
 trotter

GREAT WORK
sulkyfromouterspace

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2012, 09:24:22 AM »

Thanks Pig !    Between you keeping drugs off the streets....and Me cleaning up harness racing....  The world will be a better place for the better... thumbs up

carrot     mucker     binoculars

Sulky
 trotter

pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2012, 09:25:21 AM »

Thanks Pig !    Between you keeping drugs off the streets....and Me cleaning up harness racing....  The world will be a better place for the better... thumbs up

Sulky
 trotter
i agree
Manegirl

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2012, 09:25:42 AM »

Sulky
 trotter

For sure Sulky!!!  2 of the best!!   trophy
sulkyfromouterspace

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2012, 09:32:32 AM »

Thanks Mane !!     We have an obligation to right potential wrongs !     All it takes is a 30 second email....   Track Management loves to hear from the fans...  they need ammunition from the fans to build cases against the cheaters...   They cant fix harness from the inside.....maybe we can fix it from the outside !!      trophy

I will let all the Maywood fans know if Duke gets back to me... I will follow up....  Believe me

Sulky
 trotter

Manegirl

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2012, 09:34:09 AM »

Thanks Mane !!     We have an obligation to right potential wrongs !     All it takes is a 30 second email....   Track Management loves to hear from the fans...  they need ammunition from the fans to build cases against the cheaters...   They cant fix harness from the inside.....maybe we can fix it from the outside !!      trophy

I will let all the Maywood fans know if Duke gets back to me... I will follow up....  Believe me

bowing

Sulky
 trotter
SomeNutSomeWhere

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2012, 10:58:48 AM »

Looked as though he knew the horse 1st up was done but never saw the horse that was 3 wide.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2012, 10:59:57 AM »

Looked as though he knew the horse 1st up was done but never saw the horse that was 3 wide.
Rip Van Leonard asleep at the wheel.
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2012, 11:07:39 AM »

Sulky, do let us know the response you receive. If people see you received feedback, they are more likely to send messages which you did! This industry needs protection for the fans! trophy

Sulky
 trotter
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2012, 11:18:53 AM »

LOOKED LIKE HE MEASURE THE WRONG HORSE
I totally agree. In no way I am justifying anything but watch the replay several times and you will see it was more of a horrible drive, than something dishonest (but who knows)that he measured the horse directly outside that pulled the pocket, versus the horse widest out in the stretch. Bottom line he didnt drive his horse out to the wire and for THAT something should be done!
pigland1

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2012, 11:24:18 AM »

I totally agree. In no way I am justifying anything but watch the replay several times and you will see it was more of a horrible drive, than something dishonest (but who knows)that he measured the horse directly outside that pulled the pocket, versus the horse widest out in the stretch. Bottom line he didnt drive his horse out to the wire and for THAT something should be done!
AGREE
sulkyfromouterspace

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2012, 11:27:32 AM »

Bottom line he didnt drive his horse out to the wire and for THAT something should be done!

I agree... Drivers have an obligation to drive to win.....  It appeared from the TV angle that he did not see a horse coming 3 wide....  BUT.. I do not think he even wanted to see the horse coming 3 wide..... (playing dumb)....  
He needed to make an effort for the public....  just the fact so many people are questioning this drive means the track should look into this stiff drive.....
 and they will !!!!

Sulky
 trotter

the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2012, 11:32:23 AM »

Bottom line he didnt drive his horse out to the wire and for THAT something should be done!

I agree... Drivers have an obligation to drive to win.....  It appeared from the TV angle that he did not see a horse coming 3 wide....  BUT.. I do not think he even wanted to see the horse coming 3 wide..... (playing dumb)....  
He needed to make an effort for the public....  just the fact so many people are questioning this drive means the track should look into this stiff drive.....
 and they will !!!!

Sulky
 trotter
Great work with the letter Sulky.....let us know the result. Thanks!

sulkyfromouterspace

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2012, 11:38:41 AM »

Split Rivals did the work......   He started the post of the questionable drive.....and the announcers line....." Leonard "sitting chilly" down the lane".....   That is evidence....

All I did was send a letter......  Maywood and all harness tracks have the GM's email posted on their websites....   If you feel you were "stiffed" by a driver.....Let them know !!     They have an obligation to reply back..... If Not.... Go over there head !!   Corruption is killing our sport....   and we can help fix it from the outside......the inside smells fishy !!!!

Sulky
 trotter

LARRY TROTTER

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2012, 11:56:06 AM »

How about the brutal drive on rejoiceandbeglad !!!!
Split Rivals

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2012, 11:57:30 AM »

If you want to look cool and measure off then you'd better know what you're doing. If not, then do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdecIeva-2g

Stickwork to the wire!!!!
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2012, 12:02:20 PM »

If you want to look cool and measure off then you'd better know what you're doing. If not, then do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdecIeva-2g

Stickwork to the wire!!!!
When I have my $$$$$ down, I want Doug Ahart on my horse trophy trophy
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2012, 12:04:22 PM »

Split Rivals did the work......   He started the post of the questionable drive.....and the announcers line....." Leonard "sitting chilly" down the lane".....   That is evidence...

Sulky
 trotter

I will guarantee you the announcer will get a lecture from management. Management does NOT care about "strange" drives. THEY WANT SLOTS. They will bury this somewhere. Maybe fine Leonard $100 or something.
sulkyfromouterspace

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2012, 12:10:13 PM »

I will guarantee you the announcer will get a lecture from management. Management does NOT care about "strange" drives. THEY WANT SLOTS. They will bury this somewhere. Maybe fine Leonard $100 or something.

They can have all the slots they want..... right now they need to insure drivers are giving the public a honest drive to win every race.   Management is aware of the race and announcers words...   I would not like to be the gambler betting money on that horse and the announcer saying MY driver was sitting chilly down the stretch......

Sulky
 trotter

IRA

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2012, 12:21:38 PM »

if casey didnt want to win he would not have turned for home on the lead. thats just silly.  many people like to see a driver come to the wire like that.  i like the way ROBERTS AND SMOLIN come down the stretch. they drive to the wire. and then people *** about that to.  these guys are winning races beer
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 12:23:56 PM by IRA » Report to moderator   Logged
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2012, 12:24:16 PM »

if casey didnt want to win he would not have turned for home on the lead. thats just silly.  many people like to see a driver come to the wire like that.  i like the way ROBERTS AND SMOLIN come down the stretch. they drive to the wire. and then people *** about that to.  these guys are winning races beer
Very few have said that..Most agree driver error, stupidity, etc etc.
diamond

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2012, 12:46:12 PM »

if casey didnt want to win he would not have turned for home on the lead. thats just silly.  many people like to see a driver come to the wire like that.  i like the way ROBERTS AND SMOLIN come down the stretch. they drive to the wire. and then people *** about that to.  these guys are winning races beer
It's not that he didn't want to win, it is that he didn't give his best effort. Ron Marsh got in trouble for driving Mike's Cadet for failing to give his best effort. Gambling was involved in all that, but that is what management originally suspended him for. It reads on the suspension failing to give his best effort. That is what Casey did. He failed to realize where the wire was, he failed to realize where other horses were and how much they may have had left, he failed to just simply give his horse a couple of love taps to the shaft just to keep his horse alive, and he failed his fans and the gamblers that put their confidence in him at the windows. All drivers do things wrong or make tactical bad decisions. Most all of the drivers keep their horses alive pretty good for the exception of Sutton because he abuses. In the end we can all *** about bad drives or decisions, but this goes way beyond that scope because it took very little to know where the wire was and to pay attention to his surroundings. How hard is it to just tap the horse? Some drivers have big leads coming to the wire and still just love tap the horse to keep his mind on his business!
sulkyfromouterspace

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2012, 02:25:56 PM »

It's not that he didn't want to win, it is that he didn't give his best effort. Ron Marsh got in trouble for driving Mike's Cadet for failing to give his best effort. Gambling was involved in all that, but that is what management originally suspended him for. It reads on the suspension failing to give his best effort. That is what Casey did. He failed to realize where the wire was, he failed to realize where other horses were and how much they may have had left, he failed to just simply give his horse a couple of love taps to the shaft just to keep his horse alive, and he failed his fans and the gamblers that put their confidence in him at the windows. All drivers do things wrong or make tactical bad decisions. Most all of the drivers keep their horses alive pretty good for the exception of Sutton because he abuses. In the end we can all *** about bad drives or decisions, but this goes way beyond that scope because it took very little to know where the wire was and to pay attention to his surroundings. How hard is it to just tap the horse? Some drivers have big leads coming to the wire and still just love tap the horse to keep his mind on his business!

Well Said !!        Drivers need to drive...and at the very least give the betters the impression they are driving to win.....not be passengers on fast horses and if I get caught at the wire....ohh well......not my fault...because I was winning down the stretch......     that don't cut it......SORRY Casey.....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: