Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 04:12:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Its Tricky the play on saturday  (Read 451 times)
coldpunch

« on: September 27, 2012, 11:40:16 AM »

after going over the Belmont Super Saturday card carefully--only Its Tricky sticks out like a sore thumb

more than likely Royal Delta will (hopefully)be favored and the mare to beat--but she has looked sluggish in winning the Del Cap and her last effort she was "sticked" fairly sternly to wake her up to get 2nd as a heavy favorite--she just doesnt seem to be her dominant self since last years Ladies Classic

Almost always--i am an exacta player--but in this case i will take the 8/5 or so and just go with a win bet

good luck to all playing the saturday Belmont card
Report to moderator   Logged
coldpunch

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 06:52:05 PM »

it wasnt even close--champ Royal Delta absolutelty ran by Its Tricky like she was standing still
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 10:53:22 PM »

I think it was the high weight that hurt Royal Delta's chances of winning her most recent start. The winner went on to win today's Zenyatta Stakes (Love and Pride). The track at Santa Anita is speed favoring so it may favor a horse like the Personal Ensign winner to really have like some kind of advantage.
coldpunch

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 08:37:50 AM »

agreed that Love And Pride has home court advantage

Royal Delta was monstrous--but my pick is Questing--her speed and the usually front end favoring SA oval might be a case--rare as it is--to have an east coast horse go west and perform well

many feel the same way about Game On Dude in the Classic--home track
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 08:53:50 AM »

I still can't figure out the attraction of betting these short-priced horses -- you have to hit a bunch of them just to stay even.

And you were only a *little bit* wrong (I didn't expect RD to run out of her skin like that)...but it's still a loser.

Come over, CP. Come over to The Dark Side of Price.

We can reprogram you to HATE chalk, and to skip betting on any horse that is less than 5-1.

Whaddya say? Should I set up an Intervention?

Grin
coldpunch

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 09:29:12 AM »

I still can't figure out the attraction of betting these short-priced horses -- you have to hit a bunch of them just to stay even.

And you were only a *little bit* wrong (I didn't expect RD to run out of her skin like that)...but it's still a loser.

Come over, CP. Come over to The Dark Side of Price.

We can reprogram you to HATE chalk, and to skip betting on any horse that is less than 5-1.

Whaddya say? Should I set up an Intervention?

Grin

intervention was needed to get me off Freehold--but an intervention of such magnitude would need in-patient treatment at an isolated facility where i would be forced to bet Calder, Woodbine and Keeneland--three tracks notorious for having chalk lose

when Its Tricky opened @ 1-9--i was horified but stuck to it knowing i would get 7/5 or so--same as my exacta @ Parx last week--thats my comfort range--and of course you are correct--it takes many winners to show a profit and as of late--my select, patient, premeditated picks have stunk-including Pet Rock last nite @ Lexington

i also play harness so maybe thats why i have chalkdust in my head

when i do try "the dark side"--i seem to not have luck at all--but maybe i should re-evaluate

i willl tread lightly until the Breeders Cup now--and Questing will be 8-1 at least--so thats about as dark as it gets for me
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 10:03:17 AM »

i willl tread lightly until the Breeders Cup now

GMTA. Very good idea for most serious horseplayers to factor in a little downtime during various points in the year; works for me, anyway. YMMV.

It's spot plays for me now and until the BC...Belmont has been uninteresting so far, and I'll let the dust settle a little at Santa Anita and Hawthorne before I start making any significant plays there.
coldpunch

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 10:39:44 AM »

GMTA. Very good idea for most serious horseplayers to factor in a little downtime during various points in the year; works for me, anyway. YMMV.

It's spot plays for me now and until the BC...Belmont has been uninteresting so far, and I'll let the dust settle a little at Santa Anita and Hawthorne before I start making any significant plays there.

Belmont i have avoided except for the big day--i am in love w Aqueduct and the inner dirt especially where trainer angles dominate

Hawthorne is interesting--i am a delaware/laurel/monmouth/NYRA  bettor almost exclusively--but the real dirt factor and the small fields always have me take a peek

another whole month of belmont w 6 turf races a day is depressing--i will focus on laurel where at least i can rely on Jamie Ness until aqueduct opens
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: