Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 21, 2014, 11:05:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Questing lost  (Read 1104 times)
faster horses

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2012, 10:01:43 PM »

I'm not saying it was obvious, or that I called it, or anything like that.  But the Alabama was an absolutely huge race, and it wouldn't be a surprise to see a bounce.
Report to moderator   Logged
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2012, 12:09:16 PM »

Maybe the still undefeated My Miss Aurelia is just the BETTER horse???  That occur to anyone??....just saying....

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2012, 12:22:16 PM »

Maybe the still undefeated My Miss Aurelia is just the BETTER horse???  That occur to anyone??....just saying....

I think you aren't quite clear on the concept. Whenever there's a result that goes against some publicly predicted outcome, there must be some face-saving outside factor that caused it besides "better horse". Bad ride, bad pace, bad tactics, utterly random track surface, or whatever. "I was wrong" or "that was just a better horse" is very rarely acceptable.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
coldpunch

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2012, 12:37:22 PM »

Thorograph says the weight was equivalent to lengths--Goldolphin had their own factor using weight and distance and its similar--i personally dont think it means as much

My Miss Aurelia is certainly a champion in her ownright--and quite a physical specimen-- and if she goes on and wins the Ladies Classic then we can look back and say she was simply best in the Cotillion irrelevant to the weight, track condition or pace and i am totally wrong about them

If Questing goes on to win the Ladies Classic --and if in the manner that she did in the Alabama--then possibly what i have been saying has some creedence

and of course possibly Its Tricky and/or Royal Delta--or the California horse--or Awesome Feather are better--then i am wrong again

Dutrow would have her in the Beldame this saturday since the she didnt run much in the Cotillion
coldpunch

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2012, 12:40:56 PM »

I think you aren't quite clear on the concept. Whenever there's a result that goes against some publicly predicted outcome, there must be some face-saving outside factor that caused it besides "better horse". Bad ride, bad pace, bad tactics, utterly random track surface, or whatever. "I was wrong" or "that was just a better horse" is very rarely acceptable.

the above seems like a backhanded shot --you shouldnt hesitate to address me directly in the future
nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 01:04:10 PM »

Stop making sense!!!!! Wouldn't you rather get mired in analysis than stating the truth?
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2012, 01:06:57 PM »

the above seems like a backhanded shot --you shouldnt hesitate to address me directly in the future

If I have something to address to you, like this, I will. However, it was a general observation proceeding from the specific, so I didn't.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2012, 01:37:30 PM »

Stop making sense!!!!! Wouldn't you rather get mired in analysis than stating the truth?

What, exactly -- besides My Miss Aurelia won the race -- is the "truth"?

Are you the kind of simpleton that thinks "winner = always the best horse"?

As far as 7 lbs. of weight being "irrelevent", I suggest that we ask trainers that question; it's pretty easy to assume that weight isn't much of a factor when being wrong about it doesn't affect your paycheck.
nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2012, 02:23:01 PM »

What, exactly -- besides My Miss Aurelia won the race -- is the "truth"?

Are you the kind of simpleton that thinks "winner = always the best horse"?

As far as 7 lbs. of weight being "irrelevent", I suggest that we ask trainers that question; it's pretty easy to assume that weight isn't much of a factor when being wrong about it doesn't affect your paycheck.
Did it make a difference in your training career,when your next paycheck from racing depended on it?Oh,wait you have never worked in racing.Oh well,"often wrong,never uncertain!"
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2012, 02:28:12 PM »

Did it make a difference in your training career,when your next paycheck from racing depended on it?Oh,wait you have never worked in racing.Oh well,"often wrong,never uncertain!"

Oh, really? What horses do YOU train?  dunno

Unless you want to tell us what *your* job in racing is...

(Just an FYI: mucking stalls doesn't count as a "racing career".)
nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2012, 03:53:36 PM »

Of course,if I worked one minute around horses,that would easily surpass you.I have had an AT license in three jurisdictions,broken horses on farms,worked the gate and ,yes,mucked out stalls.Everyone mucks out.Of course,if you showed up,you would probably have your nose so far in the air,and your mouth so open,you would not last thirty seconds in a stable,since you would tell everyone how smart you are.A legend in your own mind.Wheres that ignore button?
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2012, 03:56:46 PM »

Of course,if I worked one minute around horses,that would easily surpass you.I have had an AT license in three jurisdictions,broken horses on farms,worked the gate and ,yes,mucked out stalls.Everyone mucks out.Of course,if you showed up,you would probably have your nose so far in the air,and your mouth so open,you would not last thirty seconds in a stable,since you would tell everyone how smart you are.A legend in your own mind.Wheres that ignore button?

Hit the ignore button, we have enough ***hole around here that can't read for comprehension and love to take what I write out of context. You won't be missed.
faster horses

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2012, 06:36:52 PM »

Could be that, too, although (as others have noted) there was also a significant difference in the weights.  How about a combination of the three--plus the surface and the tactics?  Races aren't run on paper.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: