Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 17, 2014, 01:54:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rick Plano busted for using laser therapy  (Read 3908 times)
Pius soho

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 02:01:43 PM »

It's DALRAE.
You know !!
You really know, don't you Huh
 thumbs up

exposed as da king
Report to moderator   Logged

jdizigg

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 02:46:05 PM »

Yes I agree he has crabs.

from brena?
Pius soho

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 03:07:58 PM »

from brena?

No....GUG

Robat

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 03:36:56 PM »

I don`t care what good it does. There is a 24hr rule for it`s use..  DON`T use it just before you head for the paddock..
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2012, 04:18:11 PM »

I don`t care what good it does. There is a 24hr rule for it`s use..  DON`T use it just before you head for the paddock..

Oh my God really before they headed to the paddock???

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
beautyistruth

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2012, 03:15:46 PM »

Surprised??? Use EPO and get to race in weeks you cant have the criminals making the horse racing laws its a joke.
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2012, 06:49:20 PM »

Surprised??? Use EPO and get to race in weeks you cant have the criminals making the horse racing laws its a joke.

I agree and don't understand how a laser can be considered something not to be used within 24 hours.

If the thing really works and have no ill effects of any kind of the horse then they should be promoting it, not barring it.
rycommon

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2012, 11:15:52 AM »

oh
I agree and don't understand how a laser can be considered something not to be used within 24 hours.

If the thing really works and have no ill effects of any kind of the horse then they should be promoting it, not barring it.

i agree

ray
HHTremor

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2012, 06:31:27 PM »

Yeh just fricking amazing.
The man does something positive and they still want to kornhole him.
You know I was told he was a big believer in magnetic therapy also.
I suppose thats a sin also.
Lordy!
The man has always kept a impecable barn horses look absolutely gorgeous.
Does something to keep the needls and injections out of his horses, to give a horse longer racing career and now they want to curcify his azz.
So much for all the acusing him of being a juicer.
So now we can call him Laser tag Rick!
Well thats a honor! Heres to you Rick for doing something theraputic and avoiding all those expensive vet injections. beer
Guess the vets mess those big checks his wife makes out every month to them so they nail him with this crap?Huh?

I moved from Ohio to California with Rick Plano. I was very dedicated to my job and loved the horses and the new life ahead of me. One of the many things I learned working with Rick was how to take really good care of a horse. He always made sure the horses had the best feed, hay, vitamins, shoeing and, of course, great care. He also always had the latest and greatest new equipment. From the under slung sulky, lightweight wheels, lift harness, Ice, Laser and Magnetic Therapy.
  This leads me to my favorite horse I ever cared for HH Tremor. When he raced at the Meadowlands, he was a legitimate $75-100,000 claimer and was trained by Jack Friedhof . When Jack shipped to CA Rick saw him on the track and asked him about the horse. Jack told Rick that the horse had broken down and had 2 front ankles as big as softballs and didn't know if he would make it back to the races. Rick purchased him for less than $10,000.
  From the time he went in to my care I worked very hard on him and spoiled him to death!! I used the ice machine on him every day and the Magnetic Therapy machine as well. He was poulticed after training and racing and walked every day!! The horse went on to make a lot of money and beat Open pacers. We were accused of juicing our horses because he claimed a few horses and won a lot of races with them (Salvador, Handover, etc..).
  I am not saying he didn't "use the vet" or that he "tries a 100% of the time". What I am saying is back then and probably now, His horses do well because he is a very smart horseman, uses the latest therapy technologies available and he makes sure his horses get the very best of care. 
jdizigg

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2012, 08:29:04 PM »

I moved from Ohio to California with Rick Plano. I was very dedicated to my job and loved the horses and the new life ahead of me. One of the many things I learned working with Rick was how to take really good care of a horse. He always made sure the horses had the best feed, hay, vitamins, shoeing and, of course, great care. He also always had the latest and greatest new equipment. From the under slung sulky, lightweight wheels, lift harness, Ice, Laser and Magnetic Therapy.
  This leads me to my favorite horse I ever cared for HH Tremor. When he raced at the Meadowlands, he was a legitimate $75-100,000 claimer and was trained by Jack Friedhof . When Jack shipped to CA Rick saw him on the track and asked him about the horse. Jack told Rick that the horse had broken down and had 2 front ankles as big as softballs and didn't know if he would make it back to the races. Rick purchased him for less than $10,000.
  From the time he went in to my care I worked very hard on him and spoiled him to death!! I used the ice machine on him every day and the Magnetic Therapy machine as well. He was poulticed after training and racing and walked every day!! The horse went on to make a lot of money and beat Open pacers. We were accused of juicing our horses because he claimed a few horses and won a lot of races with them (Salvador, Handover, etc..).
  I am not saying he didn't "use the vet" or that he "tries a 100% of the time". What I am saying is back then and probably now, His horses do well because he is a very smart horseman, uses the latest therapy technologies available and he makes sure his horses get the very best of care. 

Thanks for posting Tremor.  trotter
Sallyjo

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2012, 08:50:46 PM »

Great Post, need more like this!
HHTremor

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2012, 08:35:15 PM »

Great Post, need more like this!

Thank you Sallyjo and Jdizigg. Believe it or not I shortened my first post quite a bit. lol
Slim Russ

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2012, 09:24:12 PM »

Last year at this time we were hearing plenty of talk about Gural’s plan to ban certain drivers and trainers from The Big M. The Plano business conjures up memories of Los Alamitos banning Rick Plano and Gene Vallandingham from that track in the late eighties. The powers that be at Hollywood Park (owners of Los Al) wouldn’t let them train or drive, but they could enter horses. The USTA subsequently revoked the licenses of those two as well as Brian Pelling, Henri Filion, Rheo Filion, Leo Bauer, Dennis Nardoni. Gilles Gendron and Brian Yusko.

The business of banning drivers from tracks has a long history in this sport, but just about all of the exiles seem to find their way back inside eventually. In 1971 Roosevelt refused stalls and privileges to Buddy Gilmour, Ben Webster and Carmine. Unlike the Gural/Meadowlands situation, tracks in other states honored that edict. Joe McLoone refused to let them race at Freehold and Brandywine also honored Levy’s edict. Leon Greenberg at Monticello said he refused the trio because he had no stalls for them. Yeah, right.

We should know soon enough who will and won’t be welcome at The Big M.
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 07:19:40 PM »

i cant believe i am reading this drivvle...you cant use the laser to close to race time because it has a major numbing effect on the area being treated.....he aint using it to heal shit...rick like 99% of the other with a shock machine(laser) us it to numb before a race...boy you guys need to get with the program
HHTremor

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2012, 08:32:54 PM »

i cant believe i am reading this drivvle...you cant use the laser to close to race time because it has a major numbing effect on the area being treated.....he aint using it to heal shit...rick like 99% of the other with a shock machine(laser) us it to numb before a race...boy you guys need to get with the program

Since I have had a lot experience using the Laser with Rick and my own stable, I believe that it helps in the healing process by bringing blood to the area being treated and the numbing process (to a degree). When I worked for Rick, we used to put the horses with bad legs on the portable Ice Machine before they raced. I don't believe either process has a "numbing effect" that lasts more than an hour or so.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2012, 08:45:22 PM »

All the laser does is increase circulation.
The increase in circulation like putting your hand under warm water!
Now the ice would be to take down the inflammation more than 20minutes u cause more problems than benefit!

Hh tremor I enjoy reading your post.
I know Rick is a good horsemen.
Thanks again he takes very good care of his horses.

dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2012, 09:30:53 PM »

fuzzy  if the laser like putting ur hand under warm water...why is there not a race comm. in the country that doesnt have strick guidelines on its use..some tracks ur not even allowed to have one in ur barn....WARM WATER ON UR HAND....ahhh  i got to go to bed
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2012, 01:41:29 AM »

fuzzy  if the laser like putting ur hand under warm water...why is there not a race comm. in the country that doesnt have strick guidelines on its use..some tracks ur not even allowed to have one in ur barn....WARM WATER ON UR HAND....ahhh  i got to go to bed
Denny u no I'm in California so get me up to speed?
There are some that u can adjust the beam up pretty high ,
Do the rules specifically say laser or electronic. Device?
Also using the ultra sound or the shock hell probaly not acupuncture either .
Denny where all do you race ?
I would think many the rules is electronic devis but I don't know?
Sure is less evasive then bite or banamine?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: