Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 26, 2014, 12:56:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Oosting and Warren Get A Divorce?  (Read 1140 times)
knowitall

Ignore
« on: December 06, 2012, 01:46:16 AM »

How many years of these two yanking the puds of the race fans in Illinois has it been before tonight?  8? 10?

For the first time in BBF's Oosting and Warren's driving history together they finally provided a first tonight at Balmoral.

In the 4th race Oosting on Lightning Scoot hung Warren on Side Pocket Harry to a qt of 28.1 and a half in :55.4! bowing bowing

Never have these two EVER pushed each other hard like this, EVER.  Oosting was 14-1 and Warren was 1/2.

Wait a minute. Warren was 1/2? sneaky doh   i think my vision is coming back to me now.

Warren could have dropped at anytime behind Sutton who was tight on Oosting's helmet after the 1/4 pole. But N-O-O-O-O! sneaky

Warren insisted on staying parked then he blamed the horse by beating the shit out of him all the way down the lane. Poor Harry. RIP

I still can't figure out why they would do this other than to give Warren an excuse to lose. dunno

The last half was in a minute and Warren still held on for third! doh Think he might have won with a breather behind Sutton? dunno

Warren then leaves the track after this horrible effort. Was he forced out or did he flee the scene of his crime? sneaky dunno
Report to moderator   Logged

"Recapture" The Reynolds Legacy
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 02:12:06 AM »

I was wondering why he didn't honor his drives also.
jdizigg

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 02:23:06 AM »

How many years of these two yanking the puds of the race fans in Illinois has it been before tonight?  8? 10?

For the first time in BBF's Oosting and Warren's driving history together they finally provided a first tonight at Balmoral.

In the 4th race Oosting on Lightning Scoot hung Warren on Side Pocket Harry to a qt of 28.1 and a half in :55.4! bowing bowing

Never have these two EVER pushed each other hard like this, EVER.  Oosting was 14-1 and Warren was 1/2.

Wait a minute. Warren was 1/2? sneaky doh   i think my vision is coming back to me now.

Warren could have dropped at anytime behind Sutton who was tight on Oosting's helmet after the 1/4 pole. But N-O-O-O-O! sneaky

Warren insisted on staying parked then he blamed the horse by beating the shit out of him all the way down the lane. Poor Harry. RIP

I still can't figure out why they would do this other than to give Warren an excuse to lose. dunno

The last half was in a minute and Warren still held on for third! doh Think he might have won with a breather behind Sutton? dunno

Warren then leaves the track after this horrible effort. Was he forced out or did he flee the scene of his crime? sneaky dunno

It looked to me like Todd W didnt want to clear to the lead, the last 3 qtrs of the mile were particularly slow and they crawled home.  Warren wasnt even urging his horse to clear imo.
Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 02:23:39 AM »

It was insane, and I, too, wonder why Warren took off his drives.

As a gambler, I wish these guys would settle it behind the barn instead of on the track.

I had Warren's horse bet first and second. Why wouldn't you? On paper, it wasn't a contest.

knowitall

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 02:47:06 AM »

It looked to me like Todd W didnt want to clear to the lead, the last 3 qtrs of the mile were particularly slow and they crawled home.  Warren wasnt even urging his horse to clear imo.

Are we finding common ground here? trophy

I admit perception isn't always reality but I wasn't born yesterday and this wasn't my 1st horse race. head shake

In the words of the immortal Jim Dolbee "It's time to teach the betting public a lesson". bowing

"Recapture" The Reynolds Legacy
Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 02:59:01 AM »

Are we finding common ground here? trophy

I admit perception isn't always reality but I wasn't born yesterday and this wasn't my 1st horse race. head shake

In the words of the immortal Jim Dolbee "It's time to teach the betting public a lesson". bowing

What lesson?  I was supposed to expect such silliness when I placed my bets?

I know shit happens. I'm over it.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 03:06:10 AM »

So when they give each other holes or courtesy tucks you complain?
They race and park someone? You complain.

Again back to my wagering etc etc.

Its my business to know who is mad at who. Who will park who and who wont.

For me I even go further. Someones wife or girlfriend leaves them. I want to know about it use the knowledge.

I guess I am just an optimist or love the sport.

For me trying to figure out who wants to win a maiden is a part of handicapping.
I do not cry nor do I want a federal investigation if I bet a horse who maybe wants to finish second.

I like the games and the feuds etc etc.
Adds character to what could be a boring race.
stone162

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 11:00:55 AM »

I guess all people see things differently...........the 2nd quarter was the fastest of the race and a front half of 55.4 in a nw2 7k claimer is wicked fast speed for that class........in the final turn when Warren asks his horse for a little more he seemed to get steppy and go wide and pretty much quit........IMO if he asks his horse for more on the backside, which I dont think he could have as he would have had to pace a 26 quarter, and clears he will just end up quitting sooner
jdizigg

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 11:18:31 AM »

I guess all people see things differently...........the 2nd quarter was the fastest of the race and a front half of 55.4 in a nw2 7k claimer is wicked fast speed for that class........in the final turn when Warren asks his horse for a little more he seemed to get steppy and go wide and pretty much quit........IMO if he asks his horse for more on the backside, which I dont think he could have as he would have had to pace a 26 quarter, and clears he will just end up quitting sooner

Good to know stone, thats why it will be nice when viewers will be able to submit questions and we can try and answer something we might have missed.  They came home the last half in a minute and 3rd quarter was 29.4 it was a poorly driven race anyway you look at it.
IRA

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 01:15:14 PM »

That race stunk to hell. Swooey, landed on one ! Gotta admit it !  But im not happy about it head shake
Pal B

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 01:26:08 PM »

To me it was more what was Oosting doing? Warren was already out and committed to the lead, but Oosting would not let him go. Oosting's horse had never seen anything close to those fractions and figured to get a cushy pocket trip once Warren cleared. It looked as if his job was to give them both an excuse for not winning even though his horse did not need one. How can you come back and tell an owner, bettor, or trainer that you thought you could win with a drive like that?   
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 01:30:44 PM »

So the OO crime syndicate including Warren were all over the photo finish between Gregory and Widger that returned $648 Huh??
Boy are these guys good.  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 01:35:59 PM »

If it's that dirty, why bother exsanguinating about it?

ED GLAME DADDIES.

newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 01:42:23 PM »

If it's that dirty, why bother exsanguinating about it?

ED GLAME DADDIES.

Good to see you back yimmy...As one of the founding fathers of the east-coast knowitalls, maybe you might be able to shed some light on what our residente midwest knowitall is leading to with his Dostoevsky like posts Huh  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 01:44:13 PM »

A coronary, sadly.

"The food here is poison, AND IN SUCH SMALL PORTIONS!"

head shake
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 01:48:03 PM »

A coronary, sadly.

"The food here is poison, AND IN SUCH SMALL PORTIONS!"

head shake
only pick and choose what may be edible in bite size portions, disregard the rest of the babble.  thumbs up  beer thumbs up
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 01:51:00 PM »

Why these people don't just go crosstown to Hawthorne is beyond me.  Yeah, a lot of 5 claimers there, but the racing is still pretty good, and there are actual overlays there, sometimes the "smart money" there is not so smart at all.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 02:02:27 PM »

Why these people don't just go crosstown to Hawthorne is beyond me.  Yeah, a lot of 5 claimers there, but the racing is still pretty good, and there are actual overlays there, sometimes the "smart money" there is not so smart at all.
Heresy I say...A Heretic in our midst.  Next you know you will be telling us that
It's a dead game laddies.  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy  Life support yes but no one is dead until the pull the plug.  Still a little juice(no pun intended) in those lines. Keep that racino revenue flowing.
BattleGround

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 02:14:01 PM »

Knowitall thanks for this thread it was so obvious this race was run in the track kitchen first. Knowitall you do a good job watching these guys cheat, you are pretty good at it. TY
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 01:14:25 AM »

Knowitall thanks for this thread it was so obvious this race was run in the track kitchen first. Knowitall you do a good job watching these guys cheat, you are pretty good at it. TY
More like at Club 390.
Not the first nor the last time someone parks out a stone cold chalk.
sleepless

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2012, 01:33:36 AM »

So the OO crime syndicate including Warren were all over the photo finish between Gregory and Widger that returned $648 Huh??
Boy are these guys good.  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

The newest wagering opportunity TRInanigans
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2012, 09:33:26 AM »

So when they give each other holes or courtesy tucks you complain?
They race and park someone? You complain.

Again back to my wagering etc etc.

Its my business to know who is mad at who. Who will park who and who wont.

For me I even go further. Someones wife or girlfriend leaves them. I want to know about it use the knowledge.

I guess I am just an optimist or love the sport.

For me trying to figure out who wants to win a maiden is a part of handicapping.
I do not cry nor do I want a federal investigation if I bet a horse who maybe wants to finish second.

I like the games and the feuds etc etc.
Adds character to what could be a boring race.

Obviously a man who gets it. (Of course things can always go overboard, but just the same, THAT IS THE GAME)

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2012, 10:18:20 AM »

Obviously a man who gets it. (Of course things can always go overboard, but just the same, THAT IS THE GAME)

Mel, maybe that's WHY the game is dying...................
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: