Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 11:30:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nominee enthusiastically endorses leading defender of animal torture in US.  (Read 978 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2012, 12:13:53 PM »

T Boone Pickens talked about a huge donation of land for a reserve.  Know anything about that?

Madeleine bought a ranch with grazing rights. BLM doesn't seem to want to work with her, she ended up buying horses from a reservation to get started.

Here is her website:
https://www.savingamericasmustangs.org/
Report to moderator   Logged
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2012, 12:40:13 PM »

Probably you are correct.  But, for sure, your name isn't.

The absence of my particular name from the deed to land that was purchased by the U.S. Government as part of the Louisiana Purchase or whatever, or wrestled away from the Indians or Mexicans or British or Spanish through the expense of U.S. tax dollars to fight the wars of conquest, does not change the fact that Federal land belongs to all Americans, not just a few wealthy cattle ranchers. And yes, that even includes you. It's yours, too, and if you want to argue it should be put to use as a space alien friends resort, your opinion counts in that debate, too.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Round Table

And then I saw her, coming out of the sun.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2012, 12:48:25 PM »

Madeleine bought a ranch with grazing rights. BLM doesn't seem to want to work with her, she ended up buying horses from a reservation to get started.

Here is her website:

First, you write Obama is wiping out herds?
Then, for some reason the BLM "won't work with ":Madelweinw?"  I guess when it comes to defeating President Obama, can you tell us why facts don't seem to matter to you?

Dear Friends and Supporters,

We are elated to share the announcement from the Bureau of Land management that they are prepared to move forward with the wild horse eco-sanctuary that I have proposed in Elko County, Nevada. I want to personally thank the thousands upon thousands of supporters of Saving Americaís Mustangs that have weighed in with their support over the past few years and for sticking with us throughout this journey. We could not have done it without each of you.

I also want to thank the BLM and the multitude of their great staff that have worked diligently on this project over the past few years.  Their support and the many hours they put into that effort is sincerely appreciated.  While we may not have always agreed on every fine point during our early work, I think we always knew we were breaking new ground and moving in the direction of new horizons where the care and management of the Nationís wild horses are concerned.  Nothing of this magnitude is ever accomplished without a difference of opinion and our ability to persevere and work together is essential to the success of this project.  And it is important to point out that there is so much hard work left to do and maintaining a good working relationship will ultimately determine how successful we are in moving forward and setting the stage for future successes.

SAM stands ready to take on these challenges and work diligently with the BLM to finalize our agreement so that we can actually take the first group of 900 horses from the pens they stand in to once again enjoy the freedom of the open spaces of Nevada.  We are working diligently at the Spruce and Warm Creek ranches and to prepare them for this exciting adventure and sincerely hope that our efforts there will produce new economic opportunities for Elko County and a place we can all be proud of.

We are pleased to continue to update you on further developments as we all make this journey together.  We look forward to the day when you can come to Mustang Monument and behold the wonders of that beautiful piece of heaven in northern Nevada, and the magnificent wild horses that will spend their lives there.

Your Friend,
Madeleine Pickens & all the mustangs (that are finally coming home!!)

They ought to return to Tampa and fix the mistake they made.
Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2012, 12:52:20 PM »

The absence of my particular name from the deed to land that was purchased by the U.S. Government as part of the Louisiana Purchase or whatever, or wrestled away from the Indians or Mexicans or British or Spanish through the expense of U.S. tax dollars to fight the wars of conquest, does not change the fact that Federal land belongs to all Americans, not just a few wealthy cattle ranchers. And yes, that even includes you. It's yours, too, and if you want to argue it should be put to use as a space alien friends resort, your opinion counts in that debate, too.

Oops.  Tell it to a judge. Your name isn't on the deed and that means YOU would have no standing in court, which is, by the way, a branch of our government, at least in my country.  Don't know how that works where you live.  laughing guy

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2012, 12:54:03 PM »

First, you write Obama is wiping out herds?
Then, for some reason the BLM "won't work with ":Madelweinw?"  I guess when it comes to defeating President Obama, can you tell us why facts don't seem to matter to you?

What leads you to believe Janine is working to "defeat President Obama"?

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2012, 01:01:10 PM »

Oops.  Tell it to a judge. Your name isn't on the deed and that means YOU would have no standing in court, which is, by the way, a branch of our government, at least in my country.  Don't know how that works where you live.  laughing guy

Actually, yes I do have standing in court on these matters, thanks to my membership in several groups that litigate these types of things. Any American can file suit over the use of Federal lands, and often do. Here in Montana, for instance, there are constant court battles over the use of State and Federal land filed by the likes of Walleye Unlimited, the Sierra Club, all-terrain vehicle enthusiast clubs, fly fishing groups, local conservationist groups, logging interests, etc. Go tell the courts of YOUR country that all these people have no standing. Tell it to the poor beleaguered U.S. Forest Service, or BLM.

And why the hell are you going on about this simply because I made the statement that there are always battles between animal interests and ranching interests?

screwy screwy screwy
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 01:02:52 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2012, 01:10:49 PM »

Actually, yes I do have standing in court on these matters, thanks to my membership in several groups that litigate these types of things. Any American can file suit over the use of Federal lands, and often do. Here in Montana, for instance, there are constant court battles over the use of State and Federal land filed by the likes of Walleye Unlimited, the Sierra Club, all-terrain vehicle enthusiast clubs, fly fishing groups, local conservationist groups, logging interests, etc. Go tell the courts of YOUR country that all these people have no standing. Tell it to the poor beleaguered U.S. Forest Service, or BLM.

And why the hell are you going on about this simply because I made the statement that there are always battles between animal interests and ranching interests?

screwy screwy screwy

Whoa, cowboy.  But you said the land belongs to you and me.  Don't see our name on the deed.  That land does not belong to you or me.

You can't go into court and say the Federal government is trespassing on YOUR parkland, can you?  Not.  Because it's NOT YOUR LAND.

These interests sue over issues they have with the federal government, but it's NOT THEIR LAND.  They have standing in court over one issue or another but regarding ownership of that land, they have no standing.

Maybe on your planet.

Why am I going on with this?  Because facts don't seem to matter to you, do they?
That's why.

pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2012, 02:19:30 PM »

Here is her website:

At least this very rich woman is not only spending money on Botox and parties.  I applaud her rescuing these Mustangs.  A friend of mine rescued four in Eureka one day with me along. They were not broke and were so frightened! And scary. Those four horses ended up beautiful pleasure horses.  I mean beautiful!
Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2012, 02:33:30 PM »

At least this very rich woman is not only spending money on Botox and parties.  I applaud her rescuing these Mustangs.  A friend of mine rescued four in Eureka one day with me along. They were not broke and were so frightened! And scary. Those four horses ended up beautiful pleasure horses.  I mean beautiful!

Sure ! It's nice to see wealthy benefactors working with the federal government and coming together on the issues.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2012, 02:35:57 PM »

Whoa, cowboy.  But you said the land belongs to you and me.  Don't see our name on the deed.  That land does not belong to you or me.

Yes, it does. This is why it referred to as "public land". It belongs to all Americans, and their government holds it in trust for them.

You can't go into court and say the Federal government is trespassing on YOUR parkland, can you?  Not.  Because it's NOT YOUR LAND.

Actually, yes, a group to which I belong or I personally can go into court and challenge the way the Federal government plans to use or lease my public lands, and my standing in those matters stems from the fact that is publicly owned land, of which I am an equal owner with all other Americans.

These interests sue over issues they have with the federal government, but it's NOT THEIR LAND. They have standing in court over one issue or another but regarding ownership of that land, they have no standing.

Now you are changing the subject. There are no (real) issues of "ownership". Everyone already knows who owns it - The American people, through the vehicle of their elected "by the people, and for the people" government.

The American people do have standing in decisions of how their public land gets used, and they also have standing in court if the Federal government or some agency plans to do something like sell off part of that land. That's why there always have to be public hearings before land use decisions are made. That's why land use lawsuits from private citizens of groups have standing. If it was private land the government could do what it wants and the hell with anyone.

Why am I going on with this?  Because facts don't seem to matter to you, do they?

You are the one with his facts wrong. That's public land. It belongs to all of us. It's why we get input into how it is used, and why we have the right of access to it.

Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2012, 02:48:44 PM »

No. it's not your land.  Your name is not on the deed. 

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2012, 03:30:10 PM »

No. it's not your land.  Your name is not on the deed. 

Sorry, but you are wrong about that. 

Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2012, 03:49:45 PM »

Sorry, but you are wrong about that. 

We won't know if you own it then until you provide the deed, showing your name on it.  Let's see it.  You go in front of a judge and say, I own this national park and I want to build a yurt on it and raise yaks, since it's mine after all.  See, judge, my name is on the deed. He says, "ok show me" and then he tells you to take a hike.  No pun intended. Nope. uh you don't own it.

Do you own the sidewalk in front of your house? Do you own the street?  How about the park down the street? Do you own it? Nope. Your name does not appear on the deed. 

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2012, 05:03:00 PM »

We won't know if you own it then until you provide the deed, showing your name on it.

You seem to be intentionally confusing the issue of exclusive private ownership with shared public ownership. I am an American citizen, and my government holds the shared public lands in trust for me and all other Americans. My name doesn't have to specifically be on the deed. It belongs to everyone, and we have the right of input into how it is utilized.

Do you own the sidewalk in front of your house? Do you own the street?  How about the park down the street? Do you own it? Nope. Your name does not appear on the deed.

That's also public land held in trust for the entirety of the citzenry by the local government. Everyone in town owns it, helped obtain it from whatever developer through exercise of their tax money at one time or another, and helps maintain it with their tax money today. Everyone also has the right of input into how their commonly owned property will be used and developed. The local government can't do anything with it without the input of its owners, the citizens, and if the citizens don't like how the current government is managing its property, it can dispose of that government.

Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2012, 05:50:08 PM »

Nope.  National Parks are owned by the federal government.  Public property is owned by the government or one of it's agencies, divisions or entities.

Public property is real estate owned by the government or by definition: legal definition , public property n. property owned by the government or one of its agencies, divisions, or entities. Commonly a reference to parks, playgrounds, streets, sidewalks

A national park is "a reserve of natural, semi-natural, or developed land that a sovereign state declares or owns. It is most commonly a natural park.  Take Yosemite, for example. Owned by the Federal government, later deeded to the State of CA, and then returned to the federal government., it's current owner.

Nope. Nope. Nope.  Your name is not on the deed and you don't own it.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 06:06:18 PM by Round Table » Report to moderator   Logged

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2012, 09:43:17 PM »

Nope.  National Parks are owned by the federal government.  Public property is owned by the government or one of it's agencies, divisions or entities.

That's why drive into any of these places they announce it as "Your public land", as opposed to "Property of the government".

doh

You're an idiot. And, what's more, if you're going to put people on ignore, actually ignoring them is the best policy, or you look like even more of an idiot.

"These are the members currently ignoring you
Round Table, 3 wide and wingin "

APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2012, 10:45:52 PM »

Public property is real estate owned by the government or by definition: legal definition , public property n. property owned by the government or one of its agencies, divisions, or entities. Commonly a reference to parks, playgrounds, streets, sidewalks

A national park is "a reserve of natural, semi-natural, or developed land that a sovereign state declares or owns. It is most commonly a natural park.  Take Yosemite, for example. Owned by the Federal government, later deeded to the State of CA, and then returned to the federal government., it's current owner.

Nope. Nope. Nope.  Your name is not on the deed and you don't own it.

God, I hate to admit this, but Terry is right this time.  As taxpayers, we all own all public lands and there does not have to be any deed with individual names to show this.
Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2012, 03:07:53 AM »

God, I hate to admit this, but Terry is right this time.  As taxpayers, we all own all public lands and there does not have to be any deed with individual names to show this.

Right. Like when they say "YOUR NETWORK TELEVISION STATION" when you watch Channel 21-2.    laughing guy

When was the last time bums like yourselves even paid federal income tax?  laughing guy

Listen, if your name isn't on the deed, you don't own it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 10:30:37 AM by Round Table » Report to moderator   Logged

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2012, 10:30:50 AM »

When was the last time bums like yourselves even paid federal income tax?  laughing guy

This past Spring. How about you, you welfare cheat?

Listen, if your name isn't on the deed, you don't own it.

The land is legally "held in trust for the American people". The people own it, but their government (which is them) holds it in trust for them.

Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2012, 07:13:33 AM »

LOL.  Have you seen the May fundraising video from Boca Raton?

Well, now you know how they feel about working Americans, Democrats and Obama supporters!

Btw it cost $50,000 to attend that fundraiser!

He paid 13% in taxes in 2011 (and he didn't release the entire return!) and I'll bet if he released all his tax returns you'd see there were years he paid NO tax.

He keeps his money off shore; he's barely an American; he won't release his returns; he could be worth not $250,000,000 but a $1billion for all we know.

This guy is completely out of touch with the lives of working Americans.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:19:37 AM by Round Table » Report to moderator   Logged

mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2012, 08:07:04 AM »

Your right, but the other guy has never had a job in his life!
Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2012, 05:00:53 PM »

Your right, but the other guy has never had a job in his life!

I suppose now you'll tell us, Dr. Phil is a real doctor?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: