Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 20, 2014, 10:33:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BEARS v. PACKERS  (Read 3089 times)
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2012, 11:02:55 AM »

Are there, like, no more than 12 Actual Board-Certified Bears fans out there? 

There are lots and lots, and are actually quite an admirable bunch, considering all the bad team management they have had to put up with over the years. Occasionally they get rewarded when the team jumps up and outperforms management.
Report to moderator   Logged

He's literate and funny.  I can see why he angers you so.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2012, 11:04:37 AM »

Hey, you're talking to an ISLANDERS fan.  As poorly as Da Bears have been run, you guys aren't in danger of losing the franchise...  Angry Angry
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2012, 11:14:51 AM »

Are there, like, no more than 12 Actual Board-Certified Bears fans out there? 

We are around. We just haven't had too much to cheer about since 2001, and even then we knew we weren't better than the Philthy Eagles. (Think we would have beaten the Rams, though.)

I have several theories as to the popularity of Packers paraphenalia:

1. Brett Favre. Before he fell out of favor for not "going away quietly", that guy MOVED Packer merchandise.

2. The juxtaposition of the colors "nose-pickin' snot-green" and "piss-yellow" ("Gold!", the FudgePacker fans cry; shut up, weenies, it's YELLOW) is SO offensive that they can't even be mentioned together, and in a perverted way, wearing the Packer colors has become a back-door, quasi-acceptable, "P.C." form of anti-social fashion behavior. ("A Packer jersey?", exclaims a confused mom. "Well, at least he's not smoking cigarettes!")

3. The country is just THAT sick of the hoodlum colors of the Oakland Raiders and the Chicago White Sox, and nothing on Earth could be further from boring-ass, overdone black clothes than the Packer colors of bodily discharge.

JMHO. Packer fans might disagree.  Grin
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2012, 11:22:51 AM »

LOL.

Kermit Alexander (BOOO!!!!!) ended up being a pretty decent guy, despite you-know-what.  He apparently adopted 5 kids from Haiti.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20342780,00.html

I always thought Jack Concannon was underrated.  Also had a great name for a QB. 
SON OF JOR-EL

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2012, 03:32:58 PM »

Rodgers is gonna lite da bears up 2nite!!!!! Jordy nelson gonna have 150yds receiving with 2 tds!!!!!!
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2012, 03:36:44 PM »

Rodgers is gonna lite da bears up 2nite!!!!! Jordy nelson gonna have 150yds receiving with 2 tds!!!!!!

You are in the wrong place if you are looking to start a flame war. Bears fans here have a fairly healthy respect for Aaron Rodgers -- he could easily have a career night tonight and "lite da bears up"...no one here would be that surprised.

Looking forward to what should be a very good game. Enjoy!
SON OF JOR-EL

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2012, 03:48:34 PM »

You are in the wrong place if you are looking to start a flame war. Bears fans here have a fairly healthy respect for Aaron Rodgers -- he could easily have a career night tonight and "lite da bears up"...no one here would be that surprised.

Looking forward to what should be a very good game. Enjoy!
They are on my fantasy team- i need good games from them 2nite!!!!!!
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2012, 03:49:09 PM »

LOL... Son Of is a good laddie, and a fellow suffering Islanders fan.  It gets to one after a while.  Smiley
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2012, 04:45:41 PM »

LOL... Son Of is a good laddie, and a fellow suffering Islanders fan.  It gets to one after a while.  Smiley

Good. Welcome to the Forum, Son Of Jor-el!

Hope you'll understand that this is where my graciousness ends, and, speaking for myself and maybe a few other Bears fans here, I hope your two aforementioned fantasy team members collide on an end-around on the first play of the game, and knock each other out of the game.

(Just mild owwies, tonight only, nothing serious. I'm not THAT evil. I actually LIKE watching Rodgers play, in 14 of his 16 regular season games.)
INJUREDONE

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2012, 08:29:25 PM »

go packers...............lots of people forget the bears played a pathetic football team last week and scored 41 points

PACK BY 21 ATLEAST
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2012, 09:05:37 PM »

go packers...............lots of people forget the bears played a pathetic football team last week and scored 41 points

PACK BY 21 ATLEAST

Pack by 21 at least, eh? A trick play, and a bunch of field goals? My, THAT is impressive.

What a coward you are, coming out here and posting your drivel AFTER it's obvious the Bears are self-imploding.

"Go Packers, whee!! I'm a big fan after halftime when they have the lead!"   Roll Eyes

I've got news for you: the rest of the league is watching, and if the Bears can essentially shut down Rodgers for 3+ quarters, so can a bunch of other teams.

INJUREDONE

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2012, 09:15:58 PM »

horsevoice----blow me
sounds like u bet da bears......your the *** coward...........
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2012, 09:25:14 PM »

Da Bears didn't win by 90?

Their defense must stink bad.

He's literate and funny.  I can see why he angers you so.
Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2012, 09:39:06 PM »

Horrible display of football by the Bears, they should be embarrassed

Sorry GB fans, your team isn't that great, the Bears just suck tonight in every aspect.

This wasn't an old fashion whooping...... the Bears just handed the game to the fudge packers

Lets see what happens when they play again in Chicago
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2012, 09:39:25 PM »

sounds like u bet da bears......your the *** coward...........

Betting football is for chumps. Replacement referees? GMAFB. Just bet harness racing, if you hate your money that bad.

Make your predictions before the game next time, you farking weasel.
Klink

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2012, 05:57:49 AM »

Horrible display of football by the Bears, they should be embarrassed

Sorry GB fans, your team isn't that great, the Bears just suck tonight in every aspect.

This wasn't an old fashion whooping...... the Bears just handed the game to the fudge packers

Lets see what happens when they play again in Chicago

Sorry Bear-boy..sour grapes. We'll see what happens in Chicago just like we did the past how so many years? The fact the Pack offense still isn't rolling, but managed to win by 13 illustrates two things:

1) The Colts are really Bad
2) The Bears O-Line is pathetic and Urlacher is old

EDIT: Oh yeah:
3) Cutler should keep his trap shut on Tuesdays about how well they will play on Thursdays. It would give him more energy to yell at his teammates. Christ..he whines more than his newborn.

Good luck this year
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 06:05:23 AM by Klink » Report to moderator   Logged
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2012, 07:01:18 AM »

In general the whole Bear defense is getting very old fast, they had better win this year or next or its going to be a long rebuilding process.
Klink

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2012, 07:05:38 AM »

In general the whole Bear defense is getting very old fast, they had better win this year or next or its going to be a long rebuilding process.

Henry Melton is playing like it's his contract year

oh yeah..it is bowing
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2012, 07:23:54 AM »

Don't hold your breath.

I gave Cutler ever chance, every excuse, but...he's not the guy. You don't cuss your teammates out on national TV as if they were a waiter that spilled hot coffee in your lap. Totally inexcusable. I wouldn't block for the little bltch if he lit me up like that.
Ed

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2012, 07:50:28 AM »

I agree HV. Cutler has some major damage control to do with his o-line. Those guys have a way to deal with guys like Cutler - missed assignment. May not be next week, but payback is likely.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2012, 07:56:25 AM »

I agree HV. Cutler has some major damage control to do with his o-line. Those guys have a way to deal with guys like Cutler - missed assignment. May not be next week, but payback is likely.

We think alike. I *just* told my oldest son, not quite 2 minutes ago, what I would do if Cutler cussed ME out like that.
Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2012, 09:22:18 AM »

Sorry Bear-boy..sour grapes. We'll see what happens in Chicago just like we did the past how so many years? The fact the Pack offense still isn't rolling, but managed to win by 13 illustrates two things:

1) The Colts are really Bad
2) The Bears O-Line is pathetic and Urlacher is old

EDIT: Oh yeah:
3) Cutler should keep his trap shut on Tuesdays about how well they will play on Thursdays. It would give him more energy to yell at his teammates. Christ..he whines more than his newborn.

Good luck this year

Sour Grapes?
Where in my post did I make any excuses? If you read my post prior I said the O-line would be a huge problem.
The Bears stunk from the coaching staff to every player on the team.
Cutler acted like an ass, you never call out your teammate on the field then throw 4 picks.
Briggs had an easy interception he dropped, then laughing about it on the sideline really pissed me off
You cant possibly think the Packers played that good, the game was handed to them, I wouldnt say your offense is some unstoppable juggernaut.

How did last years Super Bowl favorite do in their 1st playoff game last year at home Mr FUDGEPACKER?
Klink

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2012, 09:30:51 AM »

Sour Grapes?
Where in my post did I make any excuses? If you read my post prior I said the O-line would be a huge problem.
The Bears stunk from the coaching staff to every player on the team.
Cutler acted like an ass, you never call out your teammate on the field then throw 4 picks.
Briggs had an easy interception he dropped, then laughing about it on the sideline really pissed me off
You cant possibly think the Packers played that good, the game was handed to them, I wouldnt say your offense is some unstoppable juggernaut.

How did last years Super Bowl favorite do in their 1st playoff game last year at home Mr FUDGEPACKER?

Jeez whiny one..Mr Fudgepacker..wow..that's original. When you want to talk football and not be a playground baby...I'll talk football..otherwise, go back to the '85 Bears video..it's all you got
Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2012, 09:44:27 AM »

Ohhhh and calling someone Bear-boy and the reference to sour grapes is talking football?

"The Colts are really Bad" ...... thanks Einstein like I didnt already know that along with every other NFL fan.
"The Bears O-line is pathetic and Urlacher is old" .........I believe I had already stated the O-line stinks, and everyone gets old unless you are Marty Mcfly.

When are you gonna start talking football?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 10:15:45 AM by Lusty Tar Heel » Report to moderator   Logged
SandyLoam

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2012, 12:46:21 PM »

For the 11th or 12th time, Mr. Smith should have been the ex-Bears coach before they landed at O'Hare. Woefully unprepared. But I say keep him, because betting against the Bears is such easy pickin'. Cutler is a baby mope. I will say this: They will never win a championship with Cutler. Never. Ever. I savor every failure the Bears create for themselves. Born and raised in Chicago. The Bears demand no respect and they will get none. The Packers demand respect and do their best to earn it in kind; what more could you possibly want? The Bears squandered 1985 and lucked out in 1963. Other than that, what have they ever done in our lifetimes? But I love the blind loyalty, false reputation and the talk-no-walk.

EeeZee $$$. Go Rams.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: