Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 12:03:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BEARS v. PACKERS  (Read 2892 times)
mel4600

Ignore
« on: September 12, 2012, 12:09:00 PM »

Bears will be 2-0 after tomorrow.  beer
Report to moderator   Logged
Klink

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 12:42:03 PM »

Bears will be 2-0 after tomorrow.  beer

Packers 31 Bears 17
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 12:57:48 PM »

Packers 31 Bears 17

The Packers (for some reason) have had Cutler's number from a stats standpoint but their defense is awful, beyond awful really, I can't see the Bears not scoring at least 3 td's most likely 4 or 5, I would take the over, betting the over in every GB and every Saints game seems the way to go

SHOWTIME!!!
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 01:03:12 PM »

Rooting for the Bears but the Pack is to good!
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 01:09:17 PM »

I could never support a bet welching cheesehead like Rodgers, so go Bears.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
DaPaver

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 01:43:52 PM »

I would have liked the Bears , IF the Packers wouldn't have lost their first game?
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 01:48:23 PM »

Packers will be hungrier due to losing the first game but the Bears have a lot more weapons on offense than the 49ers did. The bears will score on this D often. If the Bears avoid the costly turnovers they will win. They are grossly underestimated as a 6 point dog.
arlingtonmatt

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 02:11:15 PM »

Jay Cutler is going to have a field day.  Green Bay's secondary is atrocious.  The Colts have a better defense than the Packers.  Bears 92 Packers 7
coldpunch

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 03:59:45 PM »

I would have liked the Bears , IF the Packers wouldn't have lost their first game?

that mentality is why there are big huge hotels in Las Vegas

what in the hell does what happened in week one have anything to with with week two--discounting injuries of course?
clockerbob

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 05:23:34 PM »

BEARS middle linebacker Brian Urlacher is the most
overrated player in the NFL.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 05:35:29 PM »

Jay Cutler is going to have a field day.  Green Bay's secondary is atrocious.  The Colts have a better defense than the Packers.  Bears 92 Packers 7

da bearse 73, packers negative 27

Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 05:36:32 PM »

Do any Chicagoans in fact *say* "Bearce", as per the deathless SNL routine?
mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 10:55:38 PM »

Love that prediction!  thumbs up
JoeMama

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 02:52:01 AM »

Do any Chicagoans in fact *say* "Bearce", as per the deathless SNL routine?

Haha, no. Well, I do as a joke. The whole "Da Bears or "Da" anything annoys me to no end.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 02:58:22 AM by JoeMama » Report to moderator   Logged
Klink

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 07:34:29 AM »

Whatever the outcome, I hope we aren't talking about the officials tomorow morning.
SandyLoam

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 10:07:33 AM »

If Bears' Smith uses this game as an opportunity to "show" that he has as good a passing offense as the Packers or any other aerial circus, Bears lose. He needs to run the ball some and keep his defense off the field. This game is on Smith and his coaches, a perfect opportunity to pounce on the puzzled Packers and their perplexed fans. I would much rather see a 3 or 3.5 spread. Gotta remember that this isn't the Colts. Tice versus Capers? We may have to believe in the almighty Vegas line as our gospel. I'm just afraid Pack capitalizes on a late Bears mistake, wins, and doesn't cover.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 10:14:10 AM »

Haha, no. Well, I do as a joke. The whole "Da Bears or "Da" anything annoys me to no end.

Lots of Chicagoans do use "da" quite often, and "da Bears" is one of them. "da Bearce" I've never really heard in the wild, but I didn't grow up on the south side, either.

Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 10:18:37 AM »

IMO....The key to a Bears win is the O-LINE

The fudge packers sacked Alex Smith 4 times last week,if Cutler has no to time to throw, or gets laid out Bears are in trouble.
I do expect the Bears to mostly run the ball with Forte and Bush
GO BEARS  beer

anyone like anything at Arlington today?
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 11:06:26 AM »

anyone like anything at Arlington today?

Check out #1 Backtrack in race 6.

I've had this horse in my Stable Mail for almost 2 years, and I've never seen the horse placed properly until today; he's been overclassified most every race except when Ness had him in for the $12,500 tag on July 6th at Presque Isle, when he ran a stalking 2nd to a horse that also won his next race. That's pretty strong.

Note also that on that date, this horse was RECLAIMED by former owners Al & Bill Ulwelling; normally, I'm *off* a horse that runs back so soon for less than the price at which he was claimed, but these guys lost the horse for $25K and bought him back for half of that, so IMO they have a few bucks to play with, and can afford to take a shot here.

(I doubt that Midwest will claim the horse back, as he was an overall *loser* for them. This is a great spot to steal a check, if you have a live animal.) 

Intriguing play, if I can get 6-1 or more: the race is on the Pollyfake (drat), possible rain today, form darkened or just a POS now? Can't possibly take less than the ML...of course, I wouldn't mind seeing a ton of early action followed by a steady drift upwards.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 11:34:37 AM »

I have a friend out there in the Chicago 'burbs whose kids went to school with (and very much liked) Rashard Mendenhall, but the guy doesn't root for the Steelers OR Da Bearce; he was born in Wisconsin, so of course, he's a Packer fan.  I am reminded also of my friend from Indiana, no longer posting here, who himself rooted not for the Colts, but, again, for the Packers.  Out here in Noo Yawk, during football season, you cannot walk a block without seeing someone in a Packers jersey.  I do not for the life of me understand this. 

Are there, like, no more than 12 Actual Board-Certified Bears fans out there? 
IL Gotten Gains

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 11:50:37 AM »

Saying a guy from Indiana liked the colts and a guy from Wisconsin likes the Packers...does not mean there are no Bears fans in Illinois. Deep in Bear country here and we don't take kindly to them from the north or the southeast on Game Day.

Although my daughter can't figure out why I didn't like the team with the horseshoe on it last weekend. 
Fair argument.   horse shoe

Go Bears!

Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 11:51:56 AM »

Well, thank god.

Some of these Packers fans, at least here in NY, are just unabashed frontrunners who got a nasty surprise last season. 
Lusty Tar Heel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2012, 11:52:43 AM »

Thanks HV....

I have been in a major slump.
I did have 2 small pics 3s at Kentucky Downs yesturday, but at Belmont needed a 4/5 m/l  that went off at 1/2 for a 600.00 pk 3, freakin horse never picked up his feet and ran dead last.

I would think any horse that was an overall loser for Midwest should go off at a decent price.

Thanks again, I will take a long look at Backtrack.   crossedfingers
Klink

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2012, 11:57:35 AM »

Saying a guy from Indiana liked the colts and a guy from Wisconsin likes the Packers...does not mean there are no Bears fans in Illinois. Deep in Bear country here and we don't take kindly to them from the north or the southeast on Game Day.

Although my daughter can't figure out why I didn't like the team with the horseshoe on it last weekend. 
Fair argument.   horse shoe

Go Bears!

I'm a Packer fan living with FIBs and have to say..that for the most part..wearing the Green and Gold to Soldier Field is a lot of fun...Been to quite a few road games over the years and while you take some heat...it's not nasty or threatening here. Worse stadium for that was Foxboro and the stupid vike-Queen dome. But..I have also never been to Philly or Oakland.

Go Pack!! beer
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2012, 12:00:51 PM »

My apologies to my friend Orr on this, he is the exact opposite type... but I will state affirmatively that the worst, drunkest, most disgusting sports fans anywhere in North America are Boston Bruins fans. You guys are lucky for the tyranny of distance.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: