Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 20, 2014, 05:28:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Freehold and Meadowlands  (Read 2795 times)
Blue Chip55

« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2012, 07:45:44 AM »

Go pound your misery on the other side. Phuleeeez!!!

Miserable as always Nutz ?
Report to moderator   Logged
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2012, 09:45:21 AM »

Miserable as always Nutz ?

Why the constant negativity Dumps.

Do you guys ever have anything positive to say about harness racing?

Typical degenerate gambler. Lose your 2 bucks, log on a forum and pound the keyboard how bad harness racing is.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2012, 11:45:45 AM »

"Phuleeez?"  Cheesy

That's the guy on Texas who throws 100 mph, right?
Blue Chip55

« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2012, 04:24:14 PM »

"Phuleeez?"  Cheesy

That's the guy on Texas who throws 100 mph, right?

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy----i think its Feliz
coldpunch

« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2012, 06:03:38 PM »

Why the constant negativity Dumps.

Do you guys ever have anything positive to say about harness racing?

Typical degenerate gambler. Lose your 2 bucks, log on a forum and pound the keyboard how bad harness racing is.

with the closing of Mohawk forever and probability of the meadowlands closing in Feb--lets hear all the positives about harness racing?--and not Pena, Burke or Coleman positives
Blue Chip55

« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2012, 06:05:47 PM »

with the closing of Mohawk forever and probability of the meadowlands closing in Feb--lets hear all the positives about harness racing?--and not Pena, Burke or Coleman positives

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2012, 06:25:05 PM »

Coldpunch when was the last time you hit an excata over 5 bucks?

Maybe thats your problem. You don't go for value. One chalk over another chalk is your game.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2012, 06:32:19 PM »

I'm sure they'll close down the BigM while they are simulataneously building the new facility.
Kinda doubt that prediction.
But a few posters have been wrong with all their predictions about the Meadowlands so far.
You wouldn't be the first.
Blue Chip55

« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2012, 06:44:33 PM »

Maybe thats your problem. You don't go for value. One chalk over another chalk is your game.

What is the difference what he hit and when he it ?  ITS HIS MONEY.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2012, 06:48:45 PM »

Uhh, Punch hit the Spa pick-4 on Travers day.

Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2012, 06:55:08 PM »

What is the difference what he hit and when he it ?  ITS HIS MONEY.

Once again my post went zooominng by over your head.

When you play chalk you can never hope to come out ahead in this game.

When you don't come out ahead in the game and lose constantly, you and your mind tend to create all kinds of conspiracy theories like the open window theory.

Thats all I am saying.

Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2012, 06:59:23 PM »

Uhh, Punch hit the Spa pick-4 on Travers day.

If he did good for him but coming from you nothing is believable.

Past posting don't count.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 07:01:46 PM by Sea Biscuit » Report to moderator   Logged
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2012, 07:08:01 PM »

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy----i think its Feliz

Why is it that its only you who laughs at Vimmy's corny jokes.

If its to buck him up you are doing an admirable job.
coldpunch

« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2012, 07:49:42 PM »

you know nothing about me--how much i bet--where i bet-what breed i bet-when i bet

preaching to someone without knowing them about how they bet--whether it 6-1 shots/bombs/chalks/exactas/horizontals, etc is irresponsible--and to top off --accuse me of constantly losing on chalk then fabricating conspiracy theories--well i cannot begin to explain to you how misguided you are in your assumptions
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2012, 08:25:34 PM »

Great thread and discussion gents.

The biggest problem that honest bettors face is that the way the Parimutuel system is set up, its set up so that the amount of money bet is all that tracks care about. They could care less who wins and who loses, so, there's really a conflict of interest as the tracks have no financial incentive to 'protect' the honest bettors.

If a track would shut off the pools at 1 MTP, especially in harness racing, the handle would go drastically down even though it would create a much more honest situation for everyone.

What Freehold should do, and this would be a novel approach, they should advertise races where people could bet up until the half mile pole. Advertise the race, take out a huge ad in the DRF and say that the pools will remain open until the half mile pole...i would imagine the betting handle would skyrocket and since its all parimutuel, freehold would get the same cut of the pie no matter what. I think that they would have to bar place and show wagering, but leaving win and exotics open till the half would be a tremendous financial windfall for the track......lets face it, if they let you bet up until the half, would you consider betting freehold?
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2012, 08:30:28 PM »

If Ruidoso Downs can do it, the bigger tracks can do it.  The problem is that they know they'll chase some of the whales if they do.
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2012, 10:36:18 PM »

you know nothing about me--how much i bet--where i bet-what breed i bet-when i bet

preaching to someone without knowing them about how they bet--whether it 6-1 shots/bombs/chalks/exactas/horizontals, etc is irresponsible--and to top off --accuse me of constantly losing on chalk then fabricating conspiracy theories--well i cannot begin to explain to you how misguided you are in your assumptions

Guess who said

I am a chalk eating weasel
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: September 14, 2012, 09:32:56 AM »

Great thread and discussion gents.

The biggest problem that honest bettors face is that the way the Parimutuel system is set up, its set up so that the amount of money bet is all that tracks care about. They could care less who wins and who loses, so, there's really a conflict of interest as the tracks have no financial incentive to 'protect' the honest bettors.

If a track would shut off the pools at 1 MTP, especially in harness racing, the handle would go drastically down even though it would create a much more honest situation for everyone.

What Freehold should do, and this would be a novel approach, they should advertise races where people could bet up until the half mile pole. Advertise the race, take out a huge ad in the DRF and say that the pools will remain open until the half mile pole...i would imagine the betting handle would skyrocket and since its all parimutuel, freehold would get the same cut of the pie no matter what. I think that they would have to bar place and show wagering, but leaving win and exotics open till the half would be a tremendous financial windfall for the track......lets face it, if they let you bet up until the half, would you consider betting freehold?

Does some of this stuff come you in dreams? From a Ouija Board? Magic 8-ball?

The tracks care immensely who wins.....They want the favorite to win every race.......The people who bet favorites churn the money back......People who hit birthdays put the money in their pocket and bet the same $2 exacta box the next race

You think betting handle would skyrocket if they let you bet to the half?

1) Nobody would be one dime before the 1/2
2) Would the track be willing to provide all the SAM's and tellers needed so everyone can wait till the half and all bet at once?
3) Nobody with a brain would bet the leaders because all the money being bet would be betting on them and you would get absolutely no value

Coming from the guy who advocates cheating (just as long as you dont cheat too much) I can't say I'm surprised

SHOWTIME!!!
Blue Chip55

« Reply #143 on: September 14, 2012, 09:34:39 AM »

And you know it doesnt exist (it does of course) because................?
coldpunch

« Reply #144 on: September 14, 2012, 09:35:04 AM »

Guess who said

I am a chalk eating weasel

OK Raymond from Albania--whatever you say bowing
Blue Chip55

« Reply #145 on: September 14, 2012, 09:39:32 AM »

Why is it that its only you who laughs at Vimmy's corny jokes.

If its to buck him up you are doing an admirable job.

Its not only me and they are way beyond you're understanding. I would not expect this humor to be all that prominent in Middle Eastern countries, so probabaly not your fault that you have no clue what he's referring to. Doesn't make you a bad person
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: September 14, 2012, 09:44:34 AM »

Its not only me and they are way beyond you're understanding. I would not expect this humor to be all that prominent in Middle Eastern countries, so probabaly not your fault that you have no clue what he's referring to. Doesn't make you a bad person
"Doesn't make you a bad person."
I vehemently disagree. He and his posts as Dan Nutze prove it.  Fact  1000%
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 11:24:15 AM by newjackcity » Report to moderator   Logged
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: September 14, 2012, 11:00:03 AM »

I have a fairly strong suspicion, nay conviction that irony, parody and humor routinely sail far over his head in his native tongue also. There are many comedians of Arabic extraction, and, for that matter, untold numbers of Persian standups, some of surpassing brilliance.  Maz Jobrani is uproariously funny.

As for poor BizQ'it, PBUH, he has yet to emerge from his personal jahilliyyah.   Perhaps someday he will make to understanding at the jokements and expressionizations-of-colloquitude.  Nontheless, in fairness to BizQ, a recent Canadian PM, Jean Chretien, couldn't speak either of Canada's two official languages, so perhaps it's a bit much to expect the Biscuit to be able to do so.
Blue Chip55

« Reply #148 on: September 14, 2012, 11:17:16 AM »

"Doesn't make you a bad person."
I vehemently disagree. I is and his posts as Dan Nutze prove it.  Fact  1000%

MY BAG
coldpunch

« Reply #149 on: September 14, 2012, 01:13:43 PM »

Perhaps someday he will make to understanding at the jokements and expressionizations-of-colloquitude. .

"Jokements and expressionalizations-of-colloquitude" bowing bowing bowing bowing

we need Yimmy to consolidate many of his unique and humorous expressions--and have them available for publication
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: