Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 19, 2014, 11:00:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ot: da Bears  (Read 1056 times)
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« on: September 09, 2012, 09:19:22 PM »

Congrats Bears fans. I didn't see the game - did they look good?

Not really a Bears fan, but I despise Indy.
Report to moderator   Logged

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
arlingtonmatt

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 09:24:09 PM »

Offensively, with the exception of the O-line that could use some improvement, they are loaded.  And we all know what they can do on defense, so this year should be interesting to say the least.
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 09:36:34 PM »

The defense was fortunate they were facing the Colts.
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 08:03:22 AM »

Let's get real - just about every team is going to look good facing the colts this year!
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 08:32:35 AM »

I give this Colts rookie QB credit. He never quit, and when was the last time the Bears drafted a QB that had some basic fundamentals down pat, like squaring up and throwing off the correct foot? (Cade McClown? No. Rex Grossman? No.)

That kid is going to put up some numbers soon. He's got game, and he's fearless.
SandyLoam

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 10:25:49 AM »

They facemasked Luck -- no call --in the first half and a pass interference call against Indy in the first half was actually face mask/offensive interference by the Bears receiver (Marshall?). They then scored and it was a play that seemed to straighten out the Bears' rudder. It had all the feeling of the refs thinking "The Colts will probably not win this game and they certainly aren't going anywhere this year, so let's jump start the Bears."

The officiating I saw in Chicago and Green Bay was at least subtly bad, sometime overtly bad. I couldn't help but wonder if one or more of the field officials had league control earphones telling them what to do on the fly or how to interpret rules. They did seem to hustle more than the regulars.

Bottom line is that this makes wagering on these games out of the question. Unless they give Green Bay 3, of course. Shocked  Grin
Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 10:59:21 AM »

ahhh..

doesn' the fact that it is illegal to bet foorball in illinois make wagering on it out of the question ?

just wondering ?

Certified Derbytologist
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 11:33:27 AM »

ahhh..

doesn' the fact that it is illegal to bet foorball in illinois make wagering on it out of the question ?

just wondering ?

Yes. And none of us have EVER smoked marijuana, either. Because THAT is illegal, too.

Roll Eyes

SandyLoam

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 12:12:37 PM »

Why, I'm pure as the driven snow!

mucker
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 03:45:28 PM »

ahhh..

just wondering ?

No law passed by mere mortals applies to a true gamblin' man. He is above any law, local state or federal, a child of the universe in all regards.

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 04:40:14 PM »

No law passed by mere mortals applies to a true gamblin' man. He is above any law, local state or federal, a child of the universe in all regards.

No need for sanctimony or drama on this one. Everyone who has ever participated in an office football pool has broken the law. BFD.
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 05:26:58 PM »

Yes. And none of us have EVER smoked marijuana, either. Because THAT is illegal, too.

Roll Eyes

Not to mention painful OUCH!  Shocked

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48969102/ns/health-mens_health/#
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 05:50:10 PM »

No need for sanctimony or drama on this one. Everyone who has ever participated in an office football pool has broken the law. BFD.

No need for "Horse Voice the Corrector", either.  Roll Eyes

What about anyone who has ever driven 60 in a 55 zone? Crime dogs all. Might as well not enforce or obey any laws at all. They're all the same.

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 06:29:55 PM »

No need for "Horse Voice the Corrector", either.  Roll Eyes

My, aren't *you* clever! Did you make that up all by yourself?  Roll Eyes

What about anyone who has ever driven 60 in a 55 zone? Crime dogs all. Might as well not enforce or obey any laws at all. They're all the same.

No, you missed the point. People of all levels of intelligence and a modicum of reasonableness can discern the laws that are mostly a nuisance and do little other than restrict free will, with little redeeming social value, and those that have real meaning and value to all of us.

(This is why the punishment for mere possession of marijuana is now the equivalent of a traffic ticket -- basically, the authorities' way of saying, "Go ahead and get high if you must, but do it in private, keep it out of sight".)

Now...people that think that ANY violation of ANY law is to be taken with the utmost seriousness? We call these people "pansy asses". 
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 11:47:10 PM »

My, aren't *you* clever! Did you make that up all by yourself?  Roll Eyes

No, as I recall APCD Dan made up that whole "corrector" thing, and you should be paying him royalties every time you uncleverly rip him off.

No, you missed the point.

No, YOU missed the point. I was merely making an observation about the attitude of gamblers of all stripe toward anti-gambling laws, and yes that includes office pool players. There was absolutely nothing there for you to get your tutu in a wad over.

blah blah blah more useless tutu wadding nonsense
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 11:50:00 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 05:48:39 AM »

I was merely making an observation about the attitude of gamblers of all stripe toward anti-gambling laws, and yes that includes office pool players.

"Merely", my ass; you were making another one of your holier than thou proclamations to let us all know how utterly above it all you are.

Unless you want to 'fess up and admit that you have partaken in illegal forms of gambling yourself. But that would make you a scofflaw, like the rest of us down here on Earth.

Hmm...you are in a tough spot, Perfect. It's a b1tch getting ensnared in your own impossible standards, isn't it?
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 10:00:42 AM »

"Merely", my ass; you were making another one of your holier than thou proclamations to let us all know how utterly above it all you are.

No, sorry, your straw man construct is faulty yet again, I was making a statement about the mindset of gamblers.

And getting back to the actual subject rather than your usual diversionary tactic of attacking posters, was there anything about what I wrote that you found to be factually untrue? Is there any "true gamblin' man" you've ever known who did not feel anti-gambling laws were mere irrelevant nuisances (and probably infringing on his human rights, to boot)? Anyone who feels if the laws of his own state are too stringent then he'll just pretend State gaming laws don't apply if he's betting by Internet? Any one who feels any part of the Wire Act is legitimate? Any one that paused even a minute before engaging in gambling activity that he knew to be illegal? Anyone who didn't have a bookie down the street for his bets back in the day, or open up an out-of-state ADW or offshore sports gambling or poker account when they weren't legal in his state or country? Anyone who would hesitate to use an ADW provider he knew for a fact was unlicensed if he could get better rebates? Anyone who wants to do ADW from a state where it isn't legal who hasn't figured out a way around that? Anyone who really wants to do exchange wagering who hasn't figured out how to skirt the laws just yet?

No?

Mick

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 08:14:16 PM »

ahhh..
just wondering ?
Of all the stupid shit things you have said, this has to be the ulitmate insanity.  Imagine no betting on football!!!

The world would stop, buildings toppling over on each other, the tides washing humanity away.   100 more days according to the Mayans.   That is about how important the Bears Packers game is.

I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.  Sam "The Genius" Lewin
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 08:28:59 PM »

Of all the stupid shit things you have said, this has to be the ulitmate insanity.  Imagine no betting on football!!!

The world would stop, buildings toppling over on each other, the tides washing humanity away.   100 more days according to the Mayans.   That is about how important the Bears Packers game is.

Will Aaron Rodgers still be wearing the 49ers jersey for losing the bet?

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 11:58:31 PM »

Oh sure, now the major league welch Rodgers is denying he ever made such a bet. Typical cheesehead.  bang head

Semi-interesting story, but great sidebars to picture galleries of cheerleaders, and whose day is not perked up by pictures of cheerleaders.

http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/09/11/12/Rodgers-Reporting-of-TMZ-blew-another-on/msn_landing.html?blockID=788695&feedID=5059

Vegas

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 03:48:14 AM »

I got a feeling that they are going to take the Packers down this week~~ dollar dollar

I trust no one, not even myself~~
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 07:49:32 AM »

No, sorry, your straw man construct is faulty yet again, I was making a statement about the mindset of gamblers.

Which is a convenient way to dodge the question: have YOU participated in any illegal forms of gambling?

Is there any "true gamblin' man" you've ever known who did not feel anti-gambling laws were mere irrelevant nuisances (and probably infringing on his human rights, to boot)? Anyone who feels if the laws of his own state are too stringent then he'll just pretend State gaming laws don't apply if he's betting by Internet? Any one who feels any part of the Wire Act is legitimate? Any one that paused even a minute before engaging in gambling activity that he knew to be illegal? Anyone who didn't have a bookie down the street for his bets back in the day, or open up an out-of-state ADW or offshore sports gambling or poker account when they weren't legal in his state or country? Anyone who would hesitate to use an ADW provider he knew for a fact was unlicensed if he could get better rebates? Anyone who wants to do ADW from a state where it isn't legal who hasn't figured out a way around that? Anyone who really wants to do exchange wagering who hasn't figured out how to skirt the laws just yet?

No?

You want me to answer ALL of these questions for ALL gamblers? That's a slippery slope, to be sure, BUT: I *will* take a crack at it, IF you will truthfully answer all of those questions for yourself, first. Let's see how clean The Corrector's* sheets really are.  Wink

* Royalty to APCD Dan? Fine: it's brilliant.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 11:54:08 AM »

Which is a convenient way to dodge the question: have YOU participated in any illegal forms of gambling?

Sorry, I must have missed that, as I generally make it a point to try and stop reading your yammering blah blah every time I see a lead sentence that's a lie or distortion, and address only that. For instance, in the case of this particular post, the question of your topic sentence is utterly irrelevant to the point I made about the attitude of gamblers. It is, once again, simply your transparent standard effort to divert the topic to an attack on the poster offering an opinion, and derail each and every thread.

You want me to answer ALL of these questions for ALL gamblers?

No, not really. They were what we generally call "rhetorical questions" regarding "the true gamblin' man".

"A figure of speech in the form of a question that is asked in order to make a point and without the expectation of a reply".

g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, 03:51:44 PM »

they are unfortunately "who i thought they were", might as well sit cutler this week and not risk getting his brains scrambled anymore considering their chances of winning on the road@SF were small to begin with.

crown their a$$ LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECTt67adObI

mel4600

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2012, 05:22:46 PM »

While I am a big Bear fan, I don't see them going very far this year. It would be a pleasant surprise if they could win a playoff game. There are to many better teams in the NFC. The Packers seem to be the money team this year and they destroyed Houston and manhandled the Bears this year.
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2012, 10:10:31 AM »

they are unfortunately "who i thought they were", might as well sit cutler this week and not risk getting his brains scrambled anymore considering their chances of winning on the road@SF were small to begin with.

I'm not really a Bears fan, but I'm sure tired of the type of flagrant shot that took Cutler out of the game. Guy delivers an illegal blow to the head, gets the opposing starting QB out of the game, and it's only a 15 yard penalty. Lots of players have made careers of doing that cheap shot to injure key players on the other team, for instance Tony Sirigusa. The NFL needs something like a game misconduct to throw the guys who do the cheap shots out of the game, as well as the team yardage penalties and whatever later fines. It's obvious that whatever penalties they're giving now aren't doing the job. 

HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2012, 10:33:14 AM »

I'm not really a Bears fan, but I'm sure tired of the type of flagrant shot that took Cutler out of the game. Guy delivers an illegal blow to the head, gets the opposing starting QB out of the game, and it's only a 15 yard penalty.  

The NHL is doing a better job or penalizing guys, but trying to balance a 25 game suspension against a guy possibly having mush for brains by the time he's 50 is pretty dicey stuff.

Boxers and MMA fighters sign up for head shots, but not football and hockey players. Some kind of elevated sanction is needed.

I'd like to see "tit for tat plus" for head shots in football: you are OUT until the week *after* the guy you injured comes back.

And here's the part of my rule that would be difficult to swallow, but it would make players THINK: if the guy you injured doesn't ever come back, too bad for you: you're ALL DONE.

Put this in, and watch how few head shots you see all season long. 
TheRedMile

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 10:49:10 AM »

imo the cutler hit was not a flagrant foul / hit
it is the very thing that made the nfl into what it is.flag football or even lingerie football will never be as popular because there is no violence.the guy left the pocket and opened himself up to being hit.
i do agree with hv on the need for a equal penalty on something flagrant
the rules of the game are always changing and imo some not for the good.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 10:57:09 AM »

imo the cutler hit was not a flagrant foul / hit
it is the very thing that made the nfl into what it is.flag football or even lingerie football will never be as popular because there is no violence.

"No violent hits" and "No head shots" are two different things.

I played football (sandlot and H.S.), and I always tried to hit guys as hard as I could, but I NEVER, ever went for their heads. I was taught to play tough but fair, and to always remember that the guy across from me is a human being, and that we were playing a GAME.

WTF ever happened to that? Someone tell me WHY you have to go for a guy's head to make the game entertaining?

TheRedMile

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 11:09:28 AM »

i do not think that all the head shots started out that way.it only takes someone to move an inch either way and the result maybe a head shot.
i also do not think itoday's game they are as dirty as they were before they made all this money.let's go back to butkus and nitschke and compare
they kept playing because they needed the cash,today in all sports with the contracts guaranteed no need to risk further injury
i think today's players have more respect for each other than in the past
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2012, 01:52:53 PM »

i also do not think itoday's game they are as dirty as they were before they made all this money.let's go back to butkus and nitschke and compare

What is WAY different from the Butkus & Nitschke days is the *equipment* -- back then, if you went after a guys head, you were just as likely to get knocked out yourself.

Today's helmets are certainly like weapons, when applied with force at top speed. No fair if you can't get hurt while you are knocking a guy into next week.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: