Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 20, 2014, 12:45:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE MAYWOOD FILES  (Read 1277 times)
TC

Ignore
« on: November 14, 2005, 08:35:27 AM »

Here are some interesting facts about our little oval that were apparently glossed over on their webite and in their press packet.

- home of the Pelling incident
 - home of the Tilden/ Mills incident
 - home of the Pinske Memorial pace incident
 -home of posting incorrect official results and payoffs
 - home of  "Ringer Boy"
 - home of more armed robberies of the count room / armed guard     pickup than any other racetrack in history
 - home of no one once the backside is CLOSED
 - home of twice as many yearly dates than Hawthorne
 - home of more "soft con men" than in "The Grifters"
 - home of discrimination of persons with disabilities.  They really bent over backwards when a longtime, loyal employee was stricken with illness
 - home of the "new" residents of Melrose Pk. and Maywood, IL
 - home of no paper powels in the restrooms
 - home of antique SAM machines, 75 % of which accept no bills
 - home of SAM machines that accept no bill greater than $20
 - home of one of the most expensive parking lots in harness racing
 - home of one of the nicest and most comfortable wagering areas in the Saddle and Sulky Club.  Note : area ruined by the fact that free passes are given to $1 bettors who clog up the few SAMs and windows open.
 - home of a track circumference no one builds anymore.  Get ambitious, annex 5th Ave. and expand - LOL  odds : 1 billion to one even if slots are there.
 - home of none of this goof's time or money until improvements are made

TC
Report to moderator   Logged
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 09:18:40 AM »

the Pinske Memorial Pace incident?  can you help me remember?
TC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 10:52:15 AM »

the Pinske Memorial Pace incident?  can you help me remember?
Do you mean where Team Anderson spoiled the "cakewalk" for the Pinske horse in the race named after the late Brian Pinske ?  The powers that be thought it would be nice to write a memorial race and put a Pinske trainee in it.  The problem with their plan was they didn't tell Ryan Anderson to not try like the others.  In other words, the Pinske horse was 3/5 as a "favor" to honor his memory with a "layup".  After the race, poor RJA got tormented by all the horsemen and even slammed up against his locker, even though he drove their horse to an honest victory down the road.  1,000 people can tell you this.

Brian Pinske was a great competitor.  He would have frowned on such a disgrace performed by the racing secretary, as well as the lack of effort by any involved.  I'm sure he looked down on us all with great disdain that evening, other than upon the one group that gave it an honest effort.  RIP, Mr. "MINNIE-SOTA".  I hope you and Bret's Avenger are whooping them all every week at Heavenly Downs.  TC
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 11:15:20 AM »

i think i remember the race.....Dean Magee was driving Pinskes horse.....there's a guy that has a lot more talent than he ever showed IMO.....maybe a bit too much partying for Deano during his career and not enough dedication.....
TC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 11:18:23 AM »

i think i remember the race.....Dean Magee was driving Pinskes horse.....there's a guy that has a lot more talent than he ever showed IMO.....maybe a bit too much partying for Deano during his career and not enough dedication.....
Deano could bat .330 at the Hop / INDY if he desired IMO.  He has the connections down there to get good horses to drive.  If BP were still here, Deano would get better stock to sit behind each week.  As for the race in question, there were several co-conspirators in the mix.  We all know Team Anderson was not in on the "gameplan".  TC
TC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 11:22:10 AM »

Maywood Park = home to foulups, bleeps, blunders, and plunders - LOL TC
County Fair Racing

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 11:29:45 AM »

I don't think Dean Magee would be in Chicago if QCD and Fairmount were still open.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 11:59:10 AM »

I don't think Dean Magee would be in Chicago if QCD and Fairmount were still open.
CFR, what would Dean bat vs. "Sakrete Barnes", 5 Finns, a couple of Binkleys, and a crash test dummy strapped into a racing bike ?  My guess would be .330+.  Give any true competitor the opportunity to drive good stock, show up to a positive workplace, and earn a decent wage and they'll do just fine.  I hope a kid like Brandon Simpson can get some experience vs. veterans of the PM wars and be able to gauge where his skills are.  However, you have to stay away from poisons and beverages of a refreshing nature - or you compromise yourself, the safety of others, and the confidence the public instills in you at the windows.  It's called "PROFESSIONALISM".  TC
County Fair Racing

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 12:01:43 PM »

Brandon is doing a great job in Iowa.  I think he brings a nice change that was needed. 
TC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 12:09:37 PM »

Brandon is doing a great job in Iowa.  I think he brings a nice change that was needed. 
I agree CFR, he did do a marvelous job.  Now, he needs to compete in PM races for an extended period and see where he measures up.  Also, he needs to learn from mistakes that cost ( money, reputation, confidence, etc.).  TC
race track phil

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 12:11:54 PM »

JOE ,      I agree with you about dean exactly . ironic that the horse was tavern talk . thats probably where he was at the night before . a good talent wasted imo .          RTP
County Fair Racing

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 12:12:43 PM »

He is also getting horses in Iowa purchased for nice prices.  He bought 3 nice 2 yo's last summer.  One is the top 2 yo in the country for wins.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: