Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 28, 2014, 06:15:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Belmont Park Fall Pick of the Day  (Read 5209 times)
journalstuff

Ignore
« on: September 07, 2012, 08:26:34 PM »

It'll be a 2 dollar across the board wager. It'll always be the most likely winner of the day.

Septmeber 8:
Race 9:
4. All Zipped Up (6-1)
Report to moderator   Logged
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 08:41:16 PM »

All Zipped Up didnít hit the top 3. So we lost with our Pick of the Day.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 08:49:22 PM »

September 9:
Race 8:
6. Compliance Officer (5-2)
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 09:21:22 PM »

Compliance Officer came in 2nd. It paid $3.50 to place and $2.40 to show. We won $5.90 and lost -$0.10.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 09:26:19 PM »

I will have stats for my picks of the day for the season at the Belmont Park Fall. Also, an ROI as well. It'll be overall throughout the season.

Starts   1st   2nd   3rd   Win%   
2      0   1   0   0   

Investment: $12
Money: $5.90
ROI: -$6.10
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 08:04:19 PM »

September 12:
Race 5:
7. Bajan Rhythm (9-2)
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 05:13:39 PM »

Bajan Rhythm came in 2nd. It paid $5.00 to place and $3.30 to show. We won $8.30 and made a $2.30 profit.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 07:21:14 PM »

September 13:
Race 9:
6. Chat Me Up (3-1)
coldpunch

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 07:29:07 PM »

best of luck with your ROI in the end

suggestion:--lose the place and show mentality and play exotics and win pool--that would be a better measuring stick
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 07:35:16 PM »

best of luck with your ROI in the end

suggestion:--lose the place and show mentality and play exotics and win pool--that would be a better measuring stick

almost broke even at saratoga. made a profit at del mar. it's the 2nd choice in the field my pick of the day. idk if it'll be 2nd choice but i hope i get 7-2 or 4-1 on this one.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 08:08:31 PM »

I don't think he understood the message, Punch, though you could not have been more explicit.
coldpunch

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 08:32:24 PM »

I don't think he understood the message, Punch, though you could not have been more explicit.

i give up--just trying to help the kid

since he starts 80% of the threads--i should just let him post without comment
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 08:35:36 PM »

You've got to give him real credit for that non-response response:

"Hey, do you know what time it is?"

"I hearded that Some pickels is maid out of Mush-rooms!"

honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 08:46:05 PM »

It could be that j-stuff's goal is to make money his own way, rather than impress either one of you with picking winners?

A "better measuring stick" of what?

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 08:46:41 PM »

Then why is he posting about it?
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 08:49:21 PM »

Then why is he posting about it?

Why's he posting WPS plays? Because that's his own chosen measuring stick for himself, I'd guess. What is it to you? They're not yours. You post your own plays and own bets, and then the rest of us can come along and nitpick the way you went about it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:51:33 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 08:57:29 PM »

I guess I'm just a lone voice in the wilderness complaining about this ongoing inanity... right?
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 09:02:23 PM »

I guess I'm just a lone voice in the wilderness complaining about this ongoing inanity... right?

Your complaining about it is certainly droning, repetitive inanity.

You know exactly what is in the thread before you open it. Why open it if you think it's nothing but inanity? Is it some personal insult to you that it exists on Janine's forum at all?

journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 10:09:08 PM »

Look, I know am not the best handicapper but I try my hardest at best. I study the races and look for the most possible winners I can find. Even, if it is chalk, that means in the races that I pick like a 4-1 or higher price then it means it was a tough field and don't think am 100% confident in committing it. I got the idea of doing this by the HRTV morning show First Call. Aaron and Jeff post daymakers 3 races they're suppost to do. I do it for racetracks that I can be 100% my best. Also, I want to see how good I am so I can generally get better. I know I've gotten better in the past with my handicapping. I like to handicap and I love doing it at the racetracks I promised you guys (Santa Anita, Hollywood Park, Del Mar, Gulfstream, Aqueduct, Belmont Park, Saratoga, Keeneland, and Churchill Downs).
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 10:13:39 PM »

By the way, I like to bet across the board wagers on my top picks. I do it all the time to my best bets of the day for each track. That's why I do it. I like to bet win wagers when am betting races that I feel I can make money in. That's why I've been blessed to have had prices like 28-1 and even 47-1. IN the BC, I had Dakota Phone at 37-1 and Musical Romance who I believe was 23-1 last year.

I rarely post full-card selections because that's asking too much really. Unless it's BC Day or any other big day like KY Derby.
coldpunch

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 05:39:35 AM »

By the way, I like to bet across the board wagers on my top picks. I do it all the time to my best bets of the day for each track. That's why I do it. I like to bet win wagers when am betting races that I feel I can make money in. That's why I've been blessed to have had prices like 28-1 and even 47-1. IN the BC, I had Dakota Phone at 37-1 and Musical Romance who I believe was 23-1 last year.

I rarely post full-card selections because that's asking too much really. Unless it's BC Day or any other big day like KY Derby.

hey--dont misundertsand me--i applaud the effort--to answer unbalanced Terrys question--i feel win and exactas are a better measuring stick than WPS wagering--if thats OK w you oh great unbalanced one
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 08:40:18 AM »

hey--dont misundertsand me--i applaud the effort--to answer unbalanced Terrys question--i feel win and exactas are a better measuring stick than WPS wagering--if thats OK w you oh great unbalanced one

Am not a fan of exactas but interesting though what preference you have.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2012, 10:28:38 AM »

Your complaining about it is certainly droning, repetitive inanity.

And you are entitled to your opinion.  As I am.  A nitpicker might say the same of your attacks on HV, bu I pointedly don't, since, as I have made clear ten thousand times here, I find your exchanges/arguments/squabbles/whatever interesting and generally well thought out, often even educational, and sometimes quite funny. 

You know exactly what is in the thread before you open it. Why open it if you think it's nothing but inanity?Is it some personal insult to you that it exists on Janine's forum at all?

UBIQUITY.  It's all over the board, and it gets bumped and rebumped.  Additionally, if a knowledgeable player (such as Punch, whose every post I most certainly DO read) responds to it, (with or without snark) one kinda needs to see what's being responded TO. And, no, his presence is not an "insult" to me, but as per the linked thread, it is an annoyance, and not only to me.  (And yes, Terry, I know... people flounce from boards all the time, bla bla..., but still, when good posters leave, the board suffers.) 

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2012, 10:38:44 AM »

And you are entitled to your opinion.  As I am.  A nitpicker might say the same of your attacks on HV, bu I pointedly don't, since, as I have made clear ten thousand times here, I find your exchanges/arguments/squabbles/whatever interesting and generally well thought out, often even educational, and sometimes quite funny.  

I find your repetitive "so much smarter" sneers at j-stuff, particularly since he's not being at all combative, quite the opposite of "entertaining". It's just plain churlish.

UBIQUITY.  It's all over the board, and it gets bumped and rebumped.  Additionally, if a knowledgeable player (such as Punch, whose every post I most certainly DO read) responds to it, (with or without snark) one kinda needs to see what's being responded TO.

coldpunch made a constructive suggestion, even though somewhat unworkable since j-stuff is only picking one horse. You, on the other hand, chose to go with your standard superior and demeaning sneer to j-stuff's response,

"You've got to give him real credit for that non-response response:

"Hey, do you know what time it is?"

"I hearded that Some pickels is maid out of Mush-rooms!"

And, no, his presence is not an "insult" to me, but as per the linked thread, it is an annoyance, and not only to me.

And so your response is just to annoy the living f*** out of many other readers with more of your sneering in a thread you could quite easily just never open at all. What a guy.

Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2012, 10:50:41 AM »

But of course!  250,000 people have put me on eggnore wholly and solely because of my horrid and corrosive snarkitude, by jings... you and Sissy Biscuit are the last of the Mohicans in that regard.  Wink 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: