Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 02:50:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: graphics and pictures  (Read 1060 times)
john

Ignore
« on: November 14, 2005, 08:57:57 AM »

In this months Hoof Beats, this website was nominated for several Harness Racing Awards !!!! 1. Best Graphics 2. Best Pictures. 3. Quickest Information and News source. 4. Best Commentary 5. Best use of foul language 6. Best source of medical information. and 7. Best source of information on Horsemen award. the winner of each award gets a free meal with management at there home racetrack to talk about "how to make harness better".
I understand know why tbred is more popular. the harness track owners dont want it to get better. tbred tracks at least try to make it better for all. harness track owners dont want others to have better lives.
Report to moderator   Logged
sn

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 11:21:57 AM »

John, finally you have said what DN and I have told you way back when this site was started!!!!
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 01:57:51 PM »

In this months Hoof Beats, this website was nominated for several Harness Racing Awards !!!! 1. Best Graphics 2. Best Pictures. 3. Quickest Information and News source. 4. Best Commentary 5. Best use of foul language 6. Best source of medical information. and 7. Best source of information on Horsemen award. the winner of each award gets a free meal with management at there home racetrack to talk about "how to make harness better".
I understand know why tbred is more popular. the harness track owners dont want it to get better. tbred tracks at least try to make it better for all. harness track owners dont want others to have better lives.

John:

Remember what I told you last time we chatted? These fuc##n Johnston's are brutal un-American scum. I know it took you a wile to see what Scott, Dan and I were telling you all along. If you get rid of the Johnston’s', Langley, and Doc, harness racing does have a chance to actually get better in Illinois. If not...well, you see where its headed. Now get out to Vegas and open Las Vegas Downs harness track. Can I work in your human resources department? I want to be in charge of the adult entertainment floor of the track, you know, the area of the grandstand where we have totally nude dancers. I want to view all of the auditions along with hiring/firing of dancers. Wink Take care, and good luck.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel For Life)

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
swoodall

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 02:04:26 PM »

jOE

I heard some nasty rumors last night of the new purse structure for next year where the bottom horses would be racing for 2300.  They said the top tier wouldn't take as big of a hit but Doc just wouldn't write as many of the top condition/claiming races.  Have you heard any of the same things?  If you want you can start a new thread on this subject to answer,  I didn't mean to derail this one.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 02:13:27 PM »

John:

Remember what I told you last time we chatted? These fuc##n Johnston's are brutal un-American scum. I know it took you a wile to see what Scott, Dan and I were telling you all along. If you get rid of the Johnston’s', Langley, and Doc, harness racing does have a chance to actually get better in Illinois. If not...well, you see where its headed. Now get out to Vegas and open Las Vegas Downs harness track. Can I work in your human resources department? I want to be in charge of the adult entertainment floor of the track, you know, the area of the grandstand where we have totally nude dancers. I want to view all of the auditions along with hiring/firing of dancers. Wink Take care, and good luck.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

Joe, who are you foolin' ?  Kelly would have a crew dig a hole in the desert near Valley of Fire to turn you into a rattlesnake habitat if you took such a job - LOL.  I know this, my bags would be packed in a heartbeat, even if JS could only manage to make me "shoe-shine boy" at the program stand - LOL.  Can you imagine the buzz for so many southwesterners who never have seen a live horse race ?  Business would be phenominal if they could get stock.  With Florida (Pompano) being so far removed from its nearest harness neighbor, anything is possible.  TC
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 02:18:14 PM »

jOE

I heard some nasty rumors last night of the new purse structure for next year where the bottom horses would be racing for 2300.  They said the top tier wouldn't take as big of a hit but Doc just wouldn't write as many of the top condition/claiming races.  Have you heard any of the same things?  If you want you can start a new thread on this subject to answer,  I didn't mean to derail this one.
Steve:

I heard pretty much the same and there are quite a lot of talks about you know what. S-T-R-I-K-E I do not believe for one minute the horsemen will strike, but they should. If Tony could not get all of the horsemen on the same page, I don’t think Marty will be able to either. Don’t get me wrong, I hope Marty can pull if off. I would do whatever I could to support my fellow horsemen, even if it meant walking in the picket line, but it just won’t happen. Too many horsemen will abandon ship at the last minute and they will sign the contract the last week of December for whatever they are offered. . A good friend of mine who is on the IHHA board said the Johnston's are offering a 73% pick-up of recapture instead of the normal 80. They also want to charge stall rent to those stabled at the tracks and oh yeah, I forgot one, and Johnny Johnston came up with the bright idea of wanting to charge everyone for coffee. LOL.

It does not matter one bit what they do because there are horsemen here who will race for $500 purses. It's so sad. I really blew off steam most of the time saying its a dead game and stuff like that but Steve, I think you realize it too, it really is a dead game in Chicago. I am not going to blame management for everything, but they are responsible for a majority of it. What a shame.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 02:29:51 PM by JDakuras » Report to moderator   Logged

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
Dan Nance

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 02:27:14 PM »

John
         Does this mean that you will be heading back to the t-bred business? Or will you open Vegas Downs and make it the second best track in the US behind the Big M?

swoodall

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 02:42:55 PM »

Joe

I couldn't agree with you more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: