Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 02, 2014, 01:55:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pena feeling confident  (Read 2154 times)
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2012, 11:30:18 AM »

The present application is not before an administrative board; the hearing was held in front of a jury of local yokels, by jings!! Justice of the NY State Supreme Court, pursuant to Article 78 of the NY CIVIL (cough!) Practice Laws And Rules.

Next!  head shake
Why in the F U K do you let something like rules,statutes, laws, and articles get in the way of what people think it is or should be.  No wonder people don't like the law or lawyers always seems to bring order to disorder.  laughing guy laughing guy
Thank you now let us see if HardIdiot and supernut, whose lawyers would run rings around these witness have to spew forth now.  He must have either Rabinowitz, Rabinowitz and Rabinowitz, made famous by Archie Bunker or Maggie Nagoda, who is famous in her on right.  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy 
Report to moderator   Logged
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2012, 11:41:23 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy

Sometimes non-lawyers have STRANGE ideas about the law, and some are just downright amusing. Some years back, my brother-in-law was teaching in a school in Brooklyn, and he asked me to come in and talk the seniors on Career Day.  Somewhat contrary to my expectations, the kids were terrific, very much interested, even excited about what awaited them in the World O Work after college/grad school.  But when I asked them what they thought lawyers did, the response was almost unanimous:

"SOLVE CRIMES!!!"    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

One young lady DID say "get innocent people free." Better, but still not exactly on the mark.  Roll Eyes
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2012, 11:43:59 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy

Sometimes non-lawyers have STRANGE ideas about the law, and some are just downright amusing. Some years back, my brother-in-law was teaching in a school in Brooklyn, and he asked me to come in and talk the seniors on Career Day.  Somewhat contrary to my expectations, the kids were terrific, very much interested, even excited about what awaited them in the World O Work after college/grad school.  But when I asked them what they thought lawyers did, the response was almost unanimous:

"SOLVE CRIMES!!!"    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

One young lady DID say "get innocent people free." Better, but still not exactly on the mark.  Roll Eyes
CSI AND William Peterson, a Chicago laddie.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2012, 11:50:52 AM »

The present application is not before an administrative board; the hearing was held in front of a jury of local yokels, by jings!! Justice of the NY State Supreme Court, pursuant to Article 78 of the NY CIVIL (cough!) Practice Laws And Rules.

Next!  head shake

In Illinois, my case was heard by the Illinois Racing Board, sent to an arbiter hired by the Racing Board, then we appealed to the State. My case was heard by an Administrative Law judge. NOT a "board".He laughed at the attorney representing the state and told her that she had NOTHING. And was surprised that this case had gotten this far. He ruled in my favor. The Racing board appealed to the State Supreme Court and having failed there, appealed to the US Supreme Court and they would not hear the case. So the case ended in my favor. I was awarded lawyer fees and court costs but NEVER received a penny from the wonderful state of Illinois.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2012, 11:57:43 AM »

"The Racing board appealed to the State Supreme Court"

Same deal here, only Pena, as the aggrieved party, took it into the courts, not via an "appeal", per se, but pursuant to our Article 78, which provides for what were known a bit back in the day as writs of mandamus or prohibition.
Hardline

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2012, 03:55:49 PM »

Hey   NewJackO_f

Citizens First National B__k

try that one
Hardline

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »

Some years back---I was in a tangle with a racing board.... My Lawyer ate them up and digested them...Their procedures are not based on any applicable law and they become a joke in the eyes of the courts..

Trust me on that one!

Yimmy ----truce ---you have many good points but we are in a very crazy business ---let's just say whatever...!!

We are all in this together and I feel sad fighting amongst ourselves---so I won't poor baby

You and NewJ  should be my freind...so I cease trash talking from here forward... beer

God Bless you folks
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 04:08:09 PM by Hardline » Report to moderator   Logged
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2012, 04:11:11 PM »

I appreciate that, and yeah, fine, but I'm not IN the horse racing business.
Hardline

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2012, 04:18:07 PM »

That is good....
Hardline

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2012, 04:35:21 PM »

Yimmy and NewJackCity-----are  trophy ners

Yimmy---I am the CEO of the largest Expert Witness Consulting Firm in the Midwest   BTW..
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 04:39:16 PM by Hardline » Report to moderator   Logged
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2012, 04:47:06 PM »

PM me.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2012, 05:07:10 PM »

"The Racing board appealed to the State Supreme Court"

Same deal here, only Pena, as the aggrieved party, took it into the courts, not via an "appeal", per se, but pursuant to our Article 78, which provides for what were known a bit back in the day as writs of mandamus or prohibition.

But there should have been some kind of hearing with a judge deciding the merits of the case and other things. It sounds to me that this did NOT happen. Just the rubber stamping of the NYSWB sounds kind of fishy to me.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2012, 05:12:36 PM »

There was a 3-day hearing in the Supreme Court.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2012, 12:02:48 AM »

Some years back---I was in a tangle with a racing board.... My Lawyer ate them up and digested them...Their procedures are not based on any applicable law and they become a joke in the eyes of the courts..

Trust me on that one!

Yimmy ----truce ---you have many good points but we are in a very crazy business ---let's just say whatever...!!

We are all in this together and I feel sad fighting amongst ourselves---so I won't poor baby

You and NewJ  should be my freind...so I cease trash talking from here forward... beer

God Bless you folks

I am in...Let us begin from the beginning.  thumbs up beer thumbs up
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: