Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 20, 2014, 11:23:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pena feeling confident  (Read 2051 times)
sam

have fun win money

Ignore
« on: September 05, 2012, 04:58:56 AM »

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=100414
Report to moderator   Logged

may the horse be with you
FVRedhot

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 10:47:08 AM »

Now that it is "rapt" up, hell, I'm feeling great too.  RAPT that shit up.

"Pena was delighted with the way the case progressed, saying it was rapt up quickly on the final day."

Old and Slow

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 10:57:54 AM »

The article kept my wrapped attention.

I know one thing for sure.  Indecision may or may not be my problem.
jdizigg

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 11:06:18 AM »

all defendants say the same thing.  Notice pena hasnt been proclaiming innocense lately, they have stuck to loop holes as their defense.  crossedfingers they put this guy and all the other cheaters on ice.  How nice and great would it be for the honost trainers to get a fair shot again.  I know this as someone who loves harnessracing more than 99.9 percent of everybody it would become a great sport again that everyone wanted to come see and watch...MLB did it.  It might take downsizing and a lot of thinking outside the box to get it done, but i can dream right...
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 11:46:25 AM »

Now that it is "rapt" up, hell, I'm feeling great too.  RAPT that shit up.

"Pena was delighted with the way the case progressed, saying it was rapt up quickly on the final day."

Think sam proof read this article.  laughing guy laughing guy
oscar r

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 12:27:23 PM »

1/9he did,,,,b4 he SHOWed us
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 04:24:02 PM »

If this guy is reinstated, i will cease to wager 1 dollar on harness racing.

Now, as far as his innocence or guilt goes, that has nothing to do with my decision to stop wagering on harness racing. The decision will be a purely handicapping based one...when a trainer influences outcomes in such drastic manner, whether its innocent or not, it just forces me to take my  ball and go home.

Innocent or guilty, i could care less, all i know is that he turns horse racing into trainer racing and i'm not interested in betting trainer racing. Im not interested in handicapping the humans, i want to handicap the horses with the humans being a 'small factor' in the process.

VicD

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 04:29:48 PM »

If this guy is reinstated, i will cease to wager 1 dollar on harness racing.

Now, as far as his innocence or guilt goes, that has nothing to do with my decision to stop wagering on harness racing. The decision will be a purely handicapping based one...when a trainer influences outcomes in such drastic manner, whether its innocent or not, it just forces me to take my  ball and go home.

Innocent or guilty, i could care less, all i know is that he turns horse racing into trainer racing and i'm not interested in betting trainer racing. Im not interested in handicapping the humans, i want to handicap the horses with the humans being a 'small factor' in the process.

Well said.
Not guilty doesn't mean he's not doing anything, it just means he hasn't been detected doing anything wrong.
I stopped betting harness racing last year. This guy has been mooning the people that support the sport for too long now and I don't wish to see his ass in my face.
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 04:42:00 PM »

we may not know the whole story but it is in black and white the he treated many many horses inside the cutoff date..1700 times to be exact..that is breaking the rules ..period
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 04:52:07 PM »

It's not a criminal case, "guilt" and "innocence" are technically not the correct terms, and he's a petitioner rather than a defendant.  I've posted it 30 times here at least... this is a CIVIL matter.
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 05:12:35 PM »

Well said.
Not guilty doesn't mean he's not doing anything, it just means he hasn't been detected doing anything wrong.
I stopped betting harness racing last year. This guy has been mooning the people that support the sport for too long now and I don't wish to see his ass in my face.

Thanks Vic.

I have to tell you that i would rather have a cheater in the sport who wins 15%, doesnt move horses up 3 seconds overnight, cheats on a very small scale and blends in with a handful of other competent trainers as opposed to an honest trainer who figured out how to be a horse whisperer and is moving up horses 3 seconds overnight honestly. Give me the small time crook who blends in and doesnt  'wreck' the handicpaping process over the 'honest' guy who seems to crush everyone he comes in contact with.

Honesty doesnt mean a heck of a lot to me if the honest trainer is so far superior to his competition that he becomes too much of an influence in the day to day operations.

Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 06:49:04 PM »

we may not know the whole story but it is in black and white the he treated many many horses inside the cutoff date..1700 times to be exact..that is breaking the rules ..period

What part of this discussion did you not understand? EVERY trainer (who actually matters) DOES THESE THINGS!!!! It really doesnt matter if he's exonerated or not...they can exclude anyone for ANY reason. This is a total dog & pony show the NYSRB cant possibly win under these circumstances...

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 07:00:37 PM »

First off, you don't know that *every* trainer does that stuff.  A lot may do it, but that doesn't excuse the rule violations, nor does it constitute any sort of defense at law.  In any event, the "hey, everybody does this shit" argument is one which more than justifies the sad and long-standing exodus of bettors away from the harness tracks... a VERY shoddy advertisement for the sport, such as it is.
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 07:21:06 PM »

First off, you don't know that *every* trainer does that stuff.  A lot may do it, but that doesn't excuse the rule violations, nor does it constitute any sort of defense at law.  In any event, the "hey, everybody does this shit" argument is one which more than justifies the sad and long-standing exodus of bettors away from the harness tracks... a VERY shoddy advertisement for the sport, such as it is.

It isnt about that as a defense...and as a matter of fact, I do know that every trainer that wins more than 1 race a year does these things. Also, the game is the game....get over it.

Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 07:30:42 PM »

I did... I went back to the t-breds.
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »

I did... I went back to the t-breds.

You think they're any better off?  LMFAO?   head shake screwy doh dunno

Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 08:47:03 PM »

Damned right I do.

Sure there are gas-men on the t-bred side.  But if you think the big guys are out there gassing up Bernardinis and Medgalia D'Oros bought at auction for 500K to win some MSW or NW 1 race, I've got a bridge to sell you. 
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 09:18:02 PM »

Really? Asmussen? Pletcher? Lukas? No positives? They dont all have a record because their 2nd trainers made "errors'...you gotta believe in something I guess?

Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 09:33:05 PM »

Lukas is a virtual autotoss these days; whatever he's doing, he rarely wins, at least in NY.  As for the Robot, I can't say I'm a fan of his, but when was his last positive... 2008? 

Is Christophe Clement dirty?  Rick Violette (one suspension, from ten years ago).  Terri Pompay?  Chad Brown?  George Weaver?  Shug? 
nojuice

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 11:18:44 PM »

What about Dutrow?
jdizigg

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 11:23:36 PM »

What part of this discussion did you not understand? EVERY trainer (who actually matters) DOES THESE THINGS!!!! It really doesnt matter if he's exonerated or not...they can exclude anyone for ANY reason. This is a total dog & pony show the NYSRB cant possibly win under these circumstances...

Too bad, dont want to get caught/fined/banned dont break the rules...
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2012, 09:30:26 AM »

I m small potato by I will not return to Calexpo where he has been granted a licsenes .
As u no how I feel about horses and things that I feel are cruel all the horses disappearing off the map says it for me.
I tried to make a difference in every horse I own but what's the point?

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2012, 01:13:38 PM »

What about Dutrow?

Can't speak for past years, since I was away from that game for some time.  I've said it elsewhere here... this year, I don't think he's gassing 'em up.  His claims are by no means locks, just about everyone claims from him, with some horses going on to do quite well in other barns, many of his horses show gradual rather than overnight improvement (see, e.g., Zetterholm), his winning firsters go on to do decent things in allowance races... etc.

Do I think there are gas trainers at the NYRA tracks?  Sure I do.  Just don't think he's one of them, at least now. 
nojuice

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2012, 12:09:49 AM »

http://www.drf.com/news/saratoga-willy-beamin-wins-kings-bishop-two-days-rest
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2012, 06:37:30 AM »

Dutrow is so good that one day the headline will read, "(Name of horse) wins (Stakes Race) on two hours rest."
He will have entered and won in the first race of the day at a given track, and will win a Stakes race about 2 hours later, maybe the 5th or 6th race on the card.
The man truly is a genius with horses. He understands things that nobody else does.
Same with Pena.
He truly saw the light when he came to NJ from CA.
He is the horse whisperer, and he talks to them in two languages.
That is his secret: English to some, Spanish to the rest that don't understand English.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: