Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 27, 2014, 04:07:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark MacDonald is awful driver.  (Read 1946 times)
burton

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2012, 05:22:49 PM »

You guys really are friggin clueless.   Being the favorite no more or no less improves your odds of winning a damn race.   The odds on the board mean ZERO.   

Those odds are only important to the gambler in terms of payoff's.

Cukoo Cukoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report to moderator   Logged
burton

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2012, 05:27:14 PM »

Juice I actually thought you and CPW had a clue what you were talking about but your last two comments have proven otherwise . Saying the odds are unimportant in the quality of horses he is driving is absurd . Wait heres a dollar buy a clue . The odds are a real indication of the chances of a given horse in a particular race . Saying otherwise just proves your ignorance . Wait heres another dollar buy another clue . And as far as CPW saying he dosnt get the job done on favorites is another crock . The stats say he wins with 40% of favorites he drives . To then say he drives favorites horribly is ignoring the facts . Oh Btw by your reasoning you can never bring up the odds of a horse when you think a favorite has been tanked . You wont except facts so why have this discussion , you have made up your mind and no amount of reasoning is going to change it . And i on the other hand tend to believe the facts when presented to me when they make sense . Not the mindless ramblings of a clueless fool who is just out to stir shit up .
Bingo!!!!!
I wish Yimmy would rub off on Moe Larry and Curly just a wee bit.
A weeeeeeeeeee bit.
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2012, 05:44:02 PM »

Guys come on, you are trying to say that because a horse or driver is bet to chalk it means his chances of winning are greater, they are not.

Sure chalks win races, so do longshots...but you can't justify a chance at winning to anything on the board.  If that were the case every horse should be 1/9 that wins, as the chalk has the best shot.

Yonkers is what 40% chalk?   So greater then half the time the horse who you say has the best shot to win actually loses....
king151

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2012, 06:09:44 PM »

You win Juice . He sucks . It is clear this is  going nowhere . Now you are doubting the parimutual system determining legitimate odds of a horse winning a race . Your to smart for me . I thought you and Cpw were gamblers but if the two of you dont understand how important the odds board is this is pointless .
Blue Chip55

« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2012, 06:41:41 PM »

You win Juice . He sucks . It is clear this is  going nowhere . Now you are doubting the parimutual system determining legitimate odds of a horse winning a race . Your to smart for me . I thought you and Cpw were gamblers but if the two of you dont understand how important the odds board is this is pointless .

No reason to get snippy. I was best friends with one of your former owners growing up. A very big owner,  He has scaled down things lately as far as the racing end of the business . But ask him about my knowledge of this game. I dont just talk nonsense King---and I was good enough to send you that Rambling willie book ? Why would you bash me over an opinion. Thats not really right.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 06:43:31 PM by Central Park West » Report to moderator   Logged
king151

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2012, 07:27:27 PM »

No reason to get snippy. I was best friends with one of your former owners growing up. A very big owner,  He has scaled down things lately as far as the racing end of the business . But ask him about my knowledge of this game. I dont just talk nonsense King---and I was good enough to send you that Rambling willie book ? Why would you bash me over an opinion. Thats not really right.

CPW, Being friends with Cohen holds  no weight with me . As for getting SNIPPY , would that account for your statement  LEARN THE GAME LADDIE  made famous by the biggest piece of ^&*# that I have ever run across . For you guys to think that the odds board has no value in determining a horses chances in a particular  race is absurd . As a horse trainer I learned along time ago the tote board rarely lies. If I continue to race a horse in a class where he is consistantly a long shot , I have him in the wrong class . I have based my opinion on FACTS  and you  have based yours on your opinion .
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2012, 09:19:21 AM »

Guys come on, you are trying to say that because a horse or driver is bet to chalk it means his chances of winning are greater, they are not.

Sure chalks win races, so do longshots...but you can't justify a chance at winning to anything on the board.  If that were the case every horse should be 1/9 that wins, as the chalk has the best shot.

Yonkers is what 40% chalk?   So greater then half the time the horse who you say has the best shot to win actually loses....

Seriously man put down the pipe....or at least pass it around so we can all be delusional

The chalk wins 43% of the time at Yonkers.....Your retarded argument that it wins less than 1/2 the time would hold water if you could drive all other 7 horses in the race.....But guess what.....You can only drive one horse per race.....Guess who wins the 2nd most races at Yonkers.....Well wouldnt you know it.....The 2nd choice.....He/She wins 17% of the time......Now lets really crawl out far on that limb and guess who wins the 3rd most at Yonkers?.....Did you say the 3rd choice? Wow you are sharpening up......The 3rd choice wins 13% of the time.....The 4th - 8th choices win the other 1/4 of the races......So if you were a driver and could only drive one horse.....Which one would you choose?.....The favorite wins the most races.....The second choice wins the next most races and the third choice wins the next most races......You are correct odds mean nothing in relation to your chances to win a race
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 09:21:14 AM by HarnessFanDE » Report to moderator   Logged

SHOWTIME!!!
Juicejunkies

Ignore Button Below↓↓↓

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2012, 09:22:13 AM »

Seriously man put down the pipe....or at least pass it around so we can all be delusional

The chalk wins 43% of the time at Yonkers.....Your retarded argument that it wins less than 1/2 the time would hold water if you could drive all other 7 horses in the race.....But guess what.....You can only drive one horse per race.....Guess who wins the 2nd most races at Yonkers.....Well wouldnt you know it.....The 2nd choice.....He/She wins 17% of the time......Now lets really crawl out far on that limb and guess who wins the 3rd most at Yonkers?.....Did you say the 3rd choice? Wow you are sharpening up......The 3rd choice wins 13% of the time.....The 4th - 8th choices win the other 1/4 of the races......So if you were a driver and could only drive one horse.....Which one would you choose?.....The favorite wins the most races.....The second choice wins the next most races and the third choice wins the next most races......You are correct odds mean nothing in relation to your chances to win a race

We are talking odds on here, the other figures are irrelevant.
Blue Chip55

« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2012, 11:31:54 PM »

-- .....you guys are trying to suggest that the odds on the toteboard reflect only the public's opinion of the horse....those odds also reflect what they think of the driver. A horse that is 12/1 for mcdonald, might be 7/2 with brennan. So is the horse really a longshot?
Blue Chip55

« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2012, 11:39:42 PM »

CPW, Being friends with Cohen holds  no weight with me . As for getting SNIPPY , would that account for your statement  LEARN THE GAME LADDIE  made famous by the biggest piece of ^&*# that I have ever run across . For you guys to think that the odds board has no value in determining a horses chances in a particular  race is absurd . As a horse trainer I learned along time ago the tote board rarely lies. If I continue to race a horse in a class where he is consistantly a long shot , I have him in the wrong class . I have based my opinion on FACTS  and you  have based yours on your opinion .

Sorry that it holds that no weight with you. If you feel that my knowledge is lacking, so be it. The N a n ce thing is obviously just a  joke and should be taken in that context. The odds board is what it is. Everyone views it in a different light. You apparently give it a lot of weight . I dont
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: