Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 11:37:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paynter for Vox Populi Award  (Read 3195 times)
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2012, 01:49:31 AM »

Very good news !
He's mad at everyone and eating good!
Sounds like he is feeling much better!
Report to moderator   Logged

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2012, 08:50:57 AM »

Sounds like your friend al-BizQ'it, Fuzz...  Cheesy
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2012, 10:58:36 AM »

Ahmed Zayat on Twitter right now:

Paynter Update: Breaking news!!! Paynter has won the war.. dear fans thank you very much for all your prayers and thoughts and good vibes. Our Paynter this brave warrior. Has taken on A LOT of battles and today on his behalf and the behalf of his skillful vet team. we are declaring VICTORY!!! Paynter is a rare breed of thorughbred horse that has the detemermination, strength and heart. Paynter has beaten colitis, laminintis and a nasty abscess and today we are proud of our special colt. Today done our last set of diagnostics. His temp is normal, his blood work is perfect, his feet are sound and healthy, his lungs sound great. All in all we have a very happy and healthy horse. He has gained an additional 11 pounds in the last two days on top of the 24 pounds pounds before that. His medical team is very confident of his full recovery, plans are being finalized today for Paynter to leave New Bolton Medical Center on Sunday to go back into a rehab layup facility for the next 2-3 months and than finally return to the track where he loves and belongs. We should all continue to hope for a full recovery and to see our champ happy and healthy for 2013 racing calendar!! We have narrowed down the choices to 3 rehab centers. I am very nervous for him to leave all his beloved vets but my tears of joy will only make it worth it when I know he will have the right farm taking care of him. I have personally called and interviewed all these farms. A decision will be announced at 6 PM today.
SandyLoam

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2012, 12:09:53 PM »

Man, if this horse wins again, we're talking Seabiscuit territory . . . roll camera . . .
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2012, 03:39:45 PM »

Such great news.
Pius soho

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2012, 05:58:00 PM »

Now if Zayat would only pay those pesky loans he used to buy racehorses with....

Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2013, 03:27:41 PM »

Paynter to make his return Friday
June 9, 2013 by J.J. Hysell

Justin Zayat reported via twitter Sunday afternoon that Paynter is set to make his return to racing on Friday at Hollywood Park.

Paynter, trained by Bob Baffert, is entered in race 7 with jockey Rafael Bejarano set to ride.

Paynter, winner of the 2012 Haskell Stakes, overcame a life-threatening bout with colitis and laminitis last year and has posted a steady stream of works toward his return.

http://inthemoneypost.com/paynter-to-make-his-return-friday/
Wink Martingale

"They gave me a hat. I have the hat to this day."

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2013, 04:26:33 PM »

At least they didn't give him to Rudy, who does have a hoss or two now for Zayat.

"Some people like Jews and some do not; but no thoughtful man can doubt the fact that they are beyond all question the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has ever appeared in the world."

--Winston Churchill
Mick

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2013, 07:41:14 PM »

I know that they will take care of him but does anyone know if this will be an allowance race (softspot) as I think in this case, Paynter deserves time?

Back in the day, many high priced horses were treated this way but who knows today.   I think Baffert is a smart man and will spot him right.   If so it won't be a good betting race for someone like me.

I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.  Sam "The Genius" Lewin
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2013, 08:24:15 PM »

I know that they will take care of him but does anyone know if this will be an allowance race (softspot) as I think in this case, Paynter deserves time?

Back in the day, many high priced horses were treated this way but who knows today.   I think Baffert is a smart man and will spot him right.   If so it won't be a good betting race for someone like me.

"The 4-year-old son of Awesome Again will make his first start since last July for trainer Bob Baffert in a seven-furlong allowance event for non-winners of three over the Cushion Track at Betfair Hollywood Park June 14. It will be Paynter's first race over a synthetic track.

Paynter faces seven opponents as the 124-pound co-highweight with Rafael Bejarano aboard. It is the seventh race on the program with a 4 p.m. PDT post time."

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/78799/paynter-to-return-june-14-at-hollywood-park
Mick

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2013, 08:29:38 PM »

"The 4-year-old son of Awesome Again will make his first start since last July for trainer Bob Baffert in a seven-furlong allowance event for non-winners of three over the Cushion Track at Betfair Hollywood Park June 14. It will be Paynter's first race over a synthetic track.

Paynter faces seven opponents as the 124-pound co-highweight with Rafael Bejarano aboard. It is the seventh race on the program with a 4 p.m. PDT post time."

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/78799/paynter-to-return-june-14-at-hollywood-park
Thanks Mary Ann, the race is much as I envisioned.   Bejarano will have to use his Spiderman senses to feel anything in Paynters stride to know if he stays sound throughout the race.   If he wins, there will be little profit but if he pulls up, there could be much to be lost with my way of betting.   

I won't bet this race but ill make an exception and go to the track just to cheer for him.

I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.  Sam "The Genius" Lewin
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2013, 01:21:41 PM »

It may just be an allowance race but it's going to be a very special race. Hope he stays safe. From an ESPN article:

"He shook free of pneumonia only to land in the grip of something worse, endotoxemia. Toxins in his blood were attacking him. Acute fever and diarrhea squeezed him dry. And when the fever finally broke, an even more efficient killer came after him, laminitis.

Some advised Paynter's owner, Ahmed Zayat, to end it, which might have been expedient, given the insurance, and justifiable, given the horse's condition. But Paynter argued otherwise, eloquently and strongly, every hour of every day, with an infrangible will to live. And, too, he had his "angel," as Zayat described her, at his side, Laura H. Javsicas, VMD, DACVIM.

Ten months ago, Paynter balked at death's threshold. Friday, last year's Haskell winner is to return to competition, in an otherwise inconspicuous allowance event, the seventh race of the day at Hollywood Park. Whether his comeback meets with victory or defeat won't matter so much as his presence, his being there, on the track for a race, with that long spoor of illness and precariousness and rehabilitation behind him, for his return objectifies determination, reifies courage. Or, as Zayat puts it, Paynter's comeback celebrates life and the sheer tenacity of it."

"And so now Paynter returns, his comeback a testament to his determination and to the courage of every superlative racehorse who defines himself on the track by racing. But, even more perhaps, his comeback is a tribute to all those people who make such miracles happen, who dedicate their expertise and their time, who invest their emotions and their resources and, yes, their love, to the horses themselves and to the belief that such an arresting creature as Paynter, one of the fastest marvels in nature, indeed has a sacred right to race."

http://espn.go.com/horse-racing/story/_/id/9374923/back-saddle
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 01:24:12 PM by Mary Ann » Report to moderator   Logged
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2013, 04:02:05 PM »

I am not on facebook or twitter either so I thank you Mary Ann for all the updates.

How is Paynter now?  He didn't race, correct?

I may have missed the answer in another thread?
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2013, 04:25:44 PM »

I am not on facebook or twitter either so I thank you Mary Ann for all the updates.

How is Paynter now?  He didn't race, correct?

I may have missed the answer in another thread?

Pam, he's doing great. He will be in the 7th race at Hollywood this Friday, June 14.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2013, 05:31:37 PM »

Thanks Mary Ann.  That's good news.

Is this not too  soon for him to return to racing?
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2013, 05:41:55 PM »

Is this not too  soon for him to return to racing?

I don't think Zayat would do that. It seemed they took it slow with him as far workouts. Paynter appears to be back to normal. I would be disappointed if they rushed him but I don't think that's the case.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2013, 05:47:07 PM »

Thanks Mary Ann.  I sure hope you're right.
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2013, 12:44:08 PM »

Post time for Hollywood's 7th with Paynter is at 6:13 p.m. Central time. It will be shown live on TVG. If you don't have TVG, Hollywood has live streaming video: http://betfairhollywoodpark.com/live-streaming-video. You can also watch it at www.calracing.com
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 05:45:36 PM by Mary Ann » Report to moderator   Logged
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2013, 03:13:05 PM »

I don't know if I can watch.  Worried. 
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2013, 06:26:39 PM »

I don't know if I can watch.  Worried. 

I started crying before he crossed the finish line and I'm still crying but they are tears of joy. It's been an emotional roller coaster with his devastating illness.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2013, 06:28:56 PM »

Me too Mary Ann, me too. 
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2013, 07:06:14 PM »

For those who may have missed the race, here's the replay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skP45pi3JK4&feature=youtu.be
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2013, 10:38:05 PM »

Is it just me or did Vic get a little emotional too?   He sounded like he was holding it in to be his professional self, but....
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2013, 10:45:45 PM »

Is it just me or did Vic get a little emotional too?   He sounded like he was holding it in to be his professional self, but....

Pam, you heard right. It was difficult not to get emotional knowing Paynter's story.
Mary Ann

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2013, 02:41:56 PM »

A 114 Beyer for Paynter on Friday and a 115 for Fort Larned last night.

Some additional footage before, during and after Paynter's race from HRTV:

http://www.hrtv.com/videos/power-up-paynter/

But this makes it even more sad that Hollywood will be closing.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 05:17:59 PM by Mary Ann » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: